Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MSM LR M3 on 28th Feb, been following the pattern of a lot of the guys above (4 week window between May and June) but this morning looking at 'August 2022' also. what's the likelihood of it actually being in that time range? Is it likely a placeholder or has the Shanghai lockdown affected the schedule to the factor of three months?

Reactions: Nicki Minaj
Just as a useful or possibly not useful reference point. I ordered M3 LR MSM LR 18" on 18th February.
My EDD did a similar thing to yours, originally May/June, then went June/July and then sat on 'August 2022' for a week or so. From the August 2022 EDD, it's come back to May 21 - June 18 and has been sat there for around 2 to 3 weeks. My EDD has never been this stable so I'm quietly confident that this is my slot.
I think that's useful.

Shows that they may have been able to start (and finish?) production of your car between when your ordered and before the lockdown. Highly possible yours is just waiting to be shipped.

This is all speculation of course, but hopefully with more data, we can get a better picture.

Reactions: Cappo11
You most probably have a duff charger or charging cable. Dont use cheap or no reputable chargers and cables with any EVs, you spend a boat load on the car, do the same with both charger and charge cable. They can easily cause irreversible damage to the electrics and especially the HV Battery

I am very surprised by this post. I don't see how you come to that conclusion and recommendation. The first occasion was described as following a 50kW charge ... i.e. would not be using the OP cable or equipment. Furthermore I have never read of people having the symptoms described being caused by a charge point or by a poor quality charging cable. In fact I have never read of anyone causing irreversible damage to the electrics or battery because of their choice of charge point or cable. His issues in fact have all the hallmarks of a software issue that will be resolved by the SC pushing out an update. Meantime I recommend that @andi25Tes takes your comments with a huge pinch of salt!

Reactions: Rirawin
That’s really cool! I thought the same with the white interior so I chose black. I have ordered the white RWD with aero.

I completely agree that there is something about them I can not wait!
Same spec as me RWD WHITE, black interior and Aeros. Ordered 7th Feb, I have no EDD apparently or none tesla will share, hoping I get a match for May as been without a car since October. Matches in inventory just haven’t worked for me. I’m leasing and suspect that doesn’t help.

Same spec as me RWD WHITE, black interior and Aeros. Ordered 7th Feb, I have no EDD apparently or none tesla will share, hoping I get a match for May as been without a car since October. Matches in inventory just haven’t worked for me. I’m leasing and suspect that doesn’t help.
Great combo. I suspect that is the reason, I am doing through Tesla loan. Will keep updated on here if dates change. In the grand scheme of things I know EDD is not set in stone, but it’s fun comparing and adds excitement. Mine randomly popped up while shopping haha.

Reactions: platham
I think that's useful.

Shows that they may have been able to start (and finish?) production of your car between when your ordered and before the lockdown. Highly possible yours is just waiting to be shipped.

This is all speculation of course, but hopefully with more data, we can get a better picture.
Exactly my thoughts. I'll keep drip feeding info into the thread.

Is it possible you've been pushed back in favour of those with optional extras? I always noticed the EDDs for Black on White RWD were considerably later than White on MSM LRs for example.
Two factors probably involved with that. That trim is probably has the highest orders (because cheapest) and because high orders and lowest margin for Tesla, when it comes to the squeeze, the people at the end of the RWD/White/Black queue will be the first to be pushed. That's what I think anyway.

Ordered my second MSM LR 18" black interior on 23rd March 2022, still showing as "Estimated Delivery: May 21 - June 18", hasn't changed.....

Trade-In Valuation in Progress
That's really interesting. I ordered a month earlier, same spec but with white interior and my trade-in is all sorted and ready but have been pushed to Aug. May i ask are you paying in cash/PCP/Lease etc?

Just as a useful or possibly not useful reference point. I ordered M3 LR MSM LR 18" on 18th February.
My EDD did a similar thing to yours, originally May/June, then went June/July and then sat on 'August 2022' for a week or so. From the August 2022 EDD, it's come back to May 21 - June 18 and has been sat there for around 2 to 3 weeks. My EDD has never been this stable so I'm quietly confident that this is my slot.
Message from earlier this morning ^^^.

How strange... I JUST GOT A TEXT FROM TESLA.

I pooped myself with excitement thinking it was a "It's on the way text", which was such weird timing after conversations with you guys this morning.

However.

The text simply says "Tesla Update - Estimated delivery timing for your Model 3 is May 21 - June 18. Complete your pre-delivery tasks now at ts.la/account to prevent delays."

I KNOW TESLA I'M LOOKING AT THE EDD EVERY 10 MINUTES 😂

Reckon these are good signs though, have to be.