Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This can be a PITA, but I checked and it's there at the moment !

Go to Model 3 | Tesla

and scroll down a bit... the chat sign just appears, doesn't appear for me unless I scroll down... You need to be on the en_gb page otherwise the form doesn't recognise UK post codes...

View attachment 790628

Ahhh it's there! Cheers!

I was expecting it to be in the account as an actual support option, but it looks like it's more for sales questions.

Great to know. Cheers again.

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
That's good news - it may mean for others in the same position that we're not looking at several months worth of delays but instead several weeks only.

Hope everyone who has ordered are able to get their cars delivered safely ahead of schedule!
I hope so too! - there's another thread on this forum that is interested in watching potential shipping vessels of the cars from Shanghai at the moment and there's a feeling that there's a number of cars produced and ready to ship, so the big flux in dates right now may be in response to that shipment leaving China today/tomorrow/soon. If that level of insanity interests you as well - feel free to join us on that thread 😁

I hope so too! - there's another thread on this forum that is interested in watching potential shipping vessels of the cars from Shanghai at the moment and there's a feeling that there's a number of cars produced and ready to ship, so the big flux in dates right now may be in response to that shipment leaving China today/tomorrow/soon. If that level of insanity interests you as well - feel free to join us on that thread 😁
I may have already come across the thread - oopsy ;)

August-2022-gate 😃 I like it, Mine has actually just changed back too now. To June 12-30. Back to what it roughly was before. Maybe they were just re-jigging.
That's awesome and the optimist in me really wants to think it's no coincidence there's a vehicle carrier in Shanghai's port and the first time there's been so much flux in delivery dates - fingers crossed for VINs all round soon 🤞

Reactions: Snowy77
After the drama of this morning and 'August 2022'-gate, my EDD has now moved back to May 18th-June 10th. A week later than it was yesterday but i'm cool with that, must have been rejigging the schedule after all.
That's a good sign for everyone! Thanks for sharing that information. Like you and others mentioned, hoping that means movement is (or is planned to soon) happening!

I cant wait till all us in this "waiting room" get our cars! :D

I am very surprised by this post. I don't see how you come to that conclusion and recommendation. The first occasion was described as following a 50kW charge ... i.e. would not be using the OP cable or equipment. Furthermore I have never read of people having the symptoms described being caused by a charge point or by a poor quality charging cable. In fact I have never read of anyone causing irreversible damage to the electrics or battery because of their choice of charge point or cable. His issues in fact have all the hallmarks of a software issue that will be resolved by the SC pushing out an update. Meantime I recommend that @andi25Tes takes your comments with a huge pinch of salt!

I personally had a High Voltage battery damaged as a result of using an aftermarket cable which I purchased which was a great deal. I may have paid a lot less than normal for the cable but i also paid with a month without a vehicle and much problems. This forum is for public to share their experiences and facts not to make up stories.

Reactions: JOL1 and Snowy77
Somewhat agree with what you're saying. But I do think that with this lockdown in Shanghai, Tesla are starting to properly rejig the order of deliveries. There's also evidence to suggest that there were some cars produced that are ready to be shipped as soon as they can. What I think they're doing now is looking at that inventory and re-prioritising the RN's based on factors unbeknownst to us (though information being shared is offering some clues).

So, if a person ordered in Feb a car to a specific spec, their car could've already been manufactured already and sitting at a parking lot in Shanghai right now. Due to the lockdown, though, that produced car (for that original RN) may be better for their logistics plan to "give" to someone else that either better fits their rejigged shipping plans or some by other factor. That someone-else could've ordered later or earlier, added software upgrades or paying a higher price for the same car (like me) or belong to a Lease Company. We simply don't know (or know if they're even doing that). But you're right, it's all speculation and even when the factory is fully operational, the EDD's were changing.

But by the same token: you gotta let people have their fun and help pass their time waiting for their goods!

(PS. VIN is indeed the best method and lord knows I'm checking mine on the daily even though we know there's no ships picking any new cars up yet!)
I think that experience has shown that Tesla makes cars more according to what parts are available (including paint/seat colours) given the various shortages and probably an estimate of how many of each 'combination' it thinks it may sell (perhaps based upon the overall order backlog). The allocation of a specific VIN against your RN does not happen until the car is on a ship and on the high seas, which is why no UK customer awaiting delivery yet has a VIN allocated in source code. I would be pretty sure that once a ship has sailed then Tesla (for the UK) gets a definitive list of the RHD VINs on that ship and then knows exactly what models and colour combinations are available to allocate. How they do that allocation is a bit of a mystery, they may prioritise based on order date, FSD/EAP, finance type, those shouting loudest, past refusals, or any combination of these, who knows!

Since the Shanghai lockdown started on 28 March I would not expect there to have been many RHD cars already built by that date, but that is just speculation on my part (based on previous quarters to a degree also). And if so Tesla could delay the first UK shipment until more are ready or else send a smaller UK shipment on the first ship, who knows? Either way, the fact that Tesla have lost at least 20,000 cars from production has to cause some delays, maybe it will just push everybody's delivery back by about 10 days? You can be sure that Tesla will be trying hard to make up for this loss in Q2 though.

I personally had a High Voltage battery damaged as a result of using an aftermarket cable which I purchased which was a great deal. I may have paid a lot less than normal for the cable but i also paid with a month without a vehicle and much problems. This forum is for public to share their experiences and facts not to make up stories.

I stand corrected. I would suggest that your post should therefore have been something along the lines of "I experienced very similar symptoms and it turned out that they were caused by a cheap cable that I was using." Nobody can argue with that. I will be fascinated to discover the cause of OP's issues ... software or cable?

What was the "made up stories" related to?

Another data point:

M3 RWD White, Black interior, Aeros. Picking up from Southampton.

26 Feb: Ordered. EDD Nov 2022
9 Mar: Trade-in offer ready
19 Mar: Tesla Lease (Contract Hire) offer ready. After acceptance, EDD is updated to 22 May - 19 Jun. The order status says Tesla is preparing the invoice.
2 Apr: No text or emails, but the order status shows Tesla Financial Services bank account information and asks me to pay off the remaining balance.
4 Apr: Called Tesla and asked if I should pay. They said the EDD range is correct and that I can wait until I get the exact EDD before making the payment. No other action is needed from me other than accepting the new trade-in offer if the current one expires.

Another data point:

M3 RWD White, Black interior, Aeros. Picking up from Southampton.

26 Feb: Ordered. EDD Nov 2022
9 Mar: Trade-in offer ready
19 Mar: Tesla Lease (Contract Hire) offer ready. After acceptance, EDD is updated to 22 May - 19 Jun. The order status says Tesla is preparing the invoice.
2 Apr: No text or emails, but the order status shows Tesla Financial Services bank account information and asks me to pay off the remaining balance.
4 Apr: Called Tesla and asked if I should pay. They said the EDD range is correct and that I can wait until I get the exact EDD before making the payment. No other action is needed from me other than accepting the new trade-in offer if the current one expires.
Have exactly the same EDD dates and spec!

Reactions: QuanTim and evnewb
Thanks for sharing. This provides an interesting data point.

You ordered about a week and a half before me. But you probably ordered just at the right time before the price increases. I ordered just after the price increases. The only difference between our cars is mine is Blue and Black and yours is MSM and White. I can't imagine with yours being MSM and White that that would make a difference in the production time; MSM is a far more popular colour after all - or at least that's my anecdotal experience - so that's probably not the reason yours has been pushed and mine hasn't. That leaves the price. Could Tesla be favouring higher-price vehicles being pushed earlier if it is a choice on which to prioritise for them?

It could be that they just happened to have a Blue LR in "stock" in Shanghai (though we know that Tesla hold as little cars in stock as physically possible) so it seems to me that the evidence is pointing towards price.

Anyone else have any info to share on their EDD changes?
I ordered March 5th (M3 LR MSM Aero wheels) - my original EDD was November. Within a few days had changed to Jun 11 - Jul 09. A couple of days after, it went back to November. A day later, it went back to Jun 11 - Jul 09. Then on March 28th, it changed to May 8 - Jun 5, and it's been there ever since. Tesla really keep you on your toes!

I ordered March 5th (M3 LR MSM Aero wheels) - my original EDD was November. Within a few days had changed to Jun 11 - Jul 09. A couple of days after, it went back to November. A day later, it went back to Jun 11 - Jul 09. Then on March 28th, it changed to May 8 - Jun 5, and it's been there ever since. Tesla really keep you on your toes!
Wowzers! That sure is a bit of a roller coaster! I almost feel left out having had my EDD remain the same after ordering 😅

It is good that your date has moved to May-June though. Hope for you that it stays that way and means well for others.