Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bad news - somebody hit my Salty with their car door and left a dent … upset isn’t the word. I didn’t have it on sentry because of reports saying it uses too much battery power 😢😢😢😢😢😢 … but v glad everyone’s dates appear to be moving…
Sorry to hear about the dent especially on such a new car.

I put sentry on every time it’s parked apart from overnight on my drive. It probably does use quite a bit of battery power but surely this is outweighed by it catching any damaged caused and the possibility of recovering any costs.

I'm absolutely gutted for you. What a p*sser. Sorry mate :( I think you have just persuaded me to leave sentry on any time my car is not going to be sitting for days without charge.. day trips yep, shopping trips yep, in town yep. Visiting friends / family yep.

I heard that it uses some 7% / 24hrs, that's not that bad tbh. That's only a few % if spending day out somewhere. I think it's worth it in catching the culprit. If someone did that to Snowy, I'd post the video in local community group- you'd also get their reg.

I'm disappointed for you, disappointed that someone would do that and scarper. 😢

EDIT: ahhhhhhhhhh I was right! I found this! Sentry Mode battery usage 7% per day If you're charging that night, just leave it on and catch the next sod :mad:

I have optimise for battery life and optimise for green energy turned off.

I have a schedule set to say charge to 100% by 04:30 and to use only cheap energy and that seems to have worked perfectly for the first 5 days or so and it seems to limit the charge to that period but the last two days I have had this issue.
Salty is doing well as am I but I am lurking to find out when you get your cars! Can safely say I still have the biggest smile on my face 😊
Very nice. Which wheel centres did buy!

Another data point:

M3 RWD White, Black interior, Aeros. Picking up from Southampton.

26 Feb: Ordered. EDD Nov 2022
9 Mar: Trade-in offer ready
19 Mar: Tesla Lease (Contract Hire) offer ready. After acceptance, EDD is updated to 22 May - 19 Jun. The order status says Tesla is preparing the invoice.
2 Apr: No text or emails, but the order status shows Tesla Financial Services bank account information and asks me to pay off the remaining balance.
4 Apr: Called Tesla and asked if I should pay. They said the EDD range is correct and that I can wait until I get the exact EDD before making the payment. No other action is needed from me other than accepting the new trade-in offer if the current one expires.

Gives me some hope mine will be in May-June seen as though I ordered the same model on December 9th.

Sorry to hear about the dent especially on such a new car.

I put sentry on every time it’s parked apart from overnight on my drive. It probably does use quite a bit of battery power but surely this is outweighed by it catching any damaged caused and the possibility of recovering any costs.
SOBs What a heart breaker! So sorry.

There is a thing on YouTube where a guy ( well his Tesla cameras) catches a woman keying his car. She was banged to rights in court thanks to sentry mode footage.
She did it just because he arrived earlier than she and bagged her favourite parking spot.
Not someone you want to upset😱

I'm absolutely gutted for you. What a p*sser. Sorry mate :( I think you have just persuaded me to leave sentry on any time my car is not going to be sitting for days without charge.. day trips yep, shopping trips yep, in town yep. Visiting friends / family yep.

I heard that it uses some 7% / 24hrs, that's not that bad tbh. That's only a few % if spending day out somewhere. I think it's worth it in catching the culprit. If someone did that to Snowy, I'd post the video in local community group- you'd also get their reg.

I'm disappointed for you, disappointed that someone would do that and scarper. 😢

EDIT: ahhhhhhhhhh I was right! I found this! Sentry Mode battery usage 7% per day If you're charging that night, just leave it on and catch the next sod :mad:
👍 Hear Hear

Am I misundersanding something? One week in, with my new M3 Standard RWD…and fully charged it states a range on 270miles.Should it not say 300? I’ve done a couple of hundred miles so assume it should have calibrated etc? Apart from that - it’s still AWESOME 😎
Search this forum… it’s correct. WLTP measure of range, as required in published materials in the UK gives a higher number than the US standard measure EPA. In reality no car has a fixed range so try not to get hung up on that number. Many/most people use percentage for the battery readout for this reason. Use the energy graph if you want an accurate prediction for a particular journey.

After the drama of this morning and 'August 2022'-gate, my EDD has now moved back to May 18th-June 10th. A week later than it was yesterday but i'm cool with that, must have been rejigging the schedule after all.
This happens all the time and is not unusual ..hence earlier advise of not paying too much attention to these changes ...it changes like the wind. If you do manage to get someone from Tesla in chat (or better still call in in person) they can be more helpful (depends on the person) and often have greater visibility than they admit to....but from experience this is only reliable in last month of delivery when VINS get assigned. For example, when i was awaiting delivery a helpful "Tesla guy was able to tell me which ship it was on from Shanghai and also confirm the VIN which I had found in source code, although official communications at that time from Tesla were non existent. A week later speaking with another Tesla guy he said that "he has no visibility" on these things ..which I knew not to be the case..but its the "party line" which I can also empathise with.

In short keep checking for VIN allocated in source code as it is the only concrete evidence of things moving forward to the delivery phase. Until then I do understand that people will wish to keep speculating ...I was the same but it drove me crazy!

Am I misundersanding something? One week in, with my new M3 Standard RWD…and fully charged it states a range on 270miles.Should it not say 300? I’ve done a couple of hundred miles so assume it should have calibrated etc? Apart from that - it’s still AWESOME 😎
Cold weather also has an affect - your range will increase slightly once it gets warmer, but as Adopado states, WLPT is quite a wild estimate that has no bearing on real-world range. I've had a BMW i3 for 3 years, and range generally drops 30% in the colder months. Range is also re-calculated depending on how and where I've been driving. If I've driven a lot in the city (20 and 30 mile mph zones), estimated range will be higher. If I've recently been on the motorway, next time I get in the car, range will be lower. So quite a few variables.

Reactions: ElectrikFred
Morning folks. I stumbled upon this forum yesterday while googling the potential impact of covid on production dates in Shanghai. Without trawling through 312 pages of posts, what's the general consensus on delivery dates for M3RWD ordered back end of January? I saw someone say the one they ordered 8/2 was now due in May (presumably built already and awaiting shipment) - has anyone got anything further to add on this?
I am leasing through Zen so I can't see an EDD on my Tesla profile or on the app but my RN was sent from Tesla on 2 Feb.

Cold weather also has an affect - your range will increase slightly once it gets warmer, but as Adopado states, WLPT is quite a wild estimate that has no bearing on real-world range. I've had a BMW i3 for 3 years, and range generally drops 30% in the colder months. Range is also re-calculated depending on how and where I've been driving. If I've driven a lot in the city (20 and 30 mile mph zones), estimated range will be higher. If I've recently been on the motorway, next time I get in the car, range will be lower. So quite a few variables.
This Tesla battery indicator is a bit different to some other EV brands so the i3 experience may not be the same. The range displayed beside the battery indicator in the Tesla is not the most useful in that it isn’t adaptive. If you want an accurate gauge of how far you can drive the Energy Graph gives a pretty good prediction based on any trip you put in the nav. You can change the battery icon to show percentage instead of miles… which is an approach taken by many of us. At least percentage shows you something reasonably meaningful.

Reactions: Betelgeused
This Tesla battery indicator is a bit different to some other EV brands so the i3 experience may not be the same. The range displayed beside the battery indicator in the Tesla is not the most useful in that it isn’t adaptive. If you want an accurate gauge of how far you can drive the Energy Graph gives a pretty good prediction based on any trip you put in the nav. You can change the battery icon to show percentage instead of miles… which is an approach taken by many of us. At least percentage shows you something reasonably meaningful.
Thanks - good to know

Morning folks. I stumbled upon this forum yesterday while googling the potential impact of covid on production dates in Shanghai. Without trawling through 312 pages of posts, what's the general consensus on delivery dates for M3RWD ordered back end of January? I saw someone say the one they ordered 8/2 was now due in May (presumably built already and awaiting shipment) - has anyone got anything further to add on this?
I am leasing through Zen so I can't see an EDD on my Tesla profile or on the app but my RN was sent from Tesla on 2 Feb.

To give you another piece of data, my Model 3 RWD White, Black Interior with Sports Wheels was ordered on 3rd April with an original estimate of November 2022 when ordering. My revised estimated date that shows in my account is May 17th - June 14th. Unsure if place of pick up would impact the dates, but I've chosen to pick up in NEC Birmingham.

To give you another piece of data, my Model 3 RWD White, Black Interior with Sports Wheels was ordered on 3rd April with an original estimate of November 2022 when ordering. My revised estimated date that shows in my account is May 17th - June 14th. Unsure if place of pick up would impact the dates, but I've chosen to pick up in NEC Birmingham.
Ok that's great thanks. Presumably we're all grouped together in that delivery window then. The last I heard from Tesla was: "Your account is currently ‘blocked’ until the 16th of May so that would be for June deliveries".

Ok that's great thanks. Presumably we're all grouped together in that delivery window then. The last I heard from Tesla was: "Your account is currently ‘blocked’ until the 16th of May so that would be for June deliveries".

I'm also not going through a lease company so that may have impacted shortened delivery times? Really not sure but just some food for thought since I was prepared for a November delivery when ordering. I'm just very lucky if my new EDD holds true.

Gives me some hope mine will be in May-June seen as though I ordered the same model on December 9th.
Crazy to think that people ordered back in these dates and someone can order now and get the same EDD. Tesla are maintaining this Early May-Early June delivery area, but I don't know with what i've seen with new cars this last couple of months, i am just so dubious about it all. Hope they do come through.

For context my partner ordered a BMW in August last year and cancelled it last week as it still wasn't here, likewise I know someone who ordered one 12 months ago and is still waiting.

I know Tesla are different as they manufacturer their own things, I know BMW were heavily reliant on Ukraine for certain parts, as were many other brands.

But it just fills you with doubt

Welcome!

At the moment no one knows for sure. Some have seen their EDD move and others haven’t (like myself). I still have May 3-31