Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Snowy has slipped a month now. Changed to 12 June - 30 June.

It is what it is chaps.

The music keeps playing.

violin-tiny[1].gif

Sympathy cake all around

1649622779276.png

Snowy has slipped a month now. Changed to 12 June - 30 June.

It is what it is chaps.

The music keeps playing.

View attachment 792173

Sympathy cake all around

View attachment 792171
We’re in the same boat! And hopefully on the same boat too. It’s gutting but was fully expecting it. I don’t think I could handle another delay though…

Will be playing the violin to myself as I fall asleep tonight!

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
Agree with you. Had ours 4 weeks now & love it. Even impressed by the audio in the RWD, since it doesn’t have the subwoofer.
Question - how is your efficiency so good?
204 wh/mi over 500 miles! I’m nowhere near that. I must buy lighter shoes 🤣
Yes sound isn’t bad! Would love to hear the LR sound to see the comparison. Haha that efficiency average hasn’t been my best! At one point I was averaging around the 160wh/mi!. I am honestly just driving it like a normal car. I suppose I always try and plan though and not waste energy, like not blasting up a hill to only have to brake soon after for some lights, or braking at all in fact! I try my best to never touch the brake when I drive. I think if I preconditioned the battery for longer drives I would get that number at the 180 mark or less.

Reactions: SaltyMod3
Yes - unless I use the scheduling to pre-condition. I’m not sure if it’s worth it re mileage…
Yes I have heard quite a few say that it isn’t worth the energy consumed to precondition. But I have also heard one say it is! I did it once and it used up 2-3% just preconditioning which is a lot. I’ll try it again though. Not such an issue now we are approaching summer but I have also heard it is important to precondition to help make the battery last longer.

It probably depends on the journey I suppose. I do a longish journey every Monday and the first week with the car I didn’t precondition but have since and the difference over the 90 miles was 10%.

I don’t know how much it uses up preconditioning as I leave it plugged in but I think it’s worth it. Maybe for a shorter journey it wouldn’t?

It probably depends on the journey I suppose. I do a longish journey every Monday and the first week with the car I didn’t precondition but have since and the difference over the 90 miles was 10%.

I don’t know how much it uses up preconditioning as I leave it plugged in but I think it’s worth it. Maybe for a shorter journey it wouldn’t?
🧐What does Tesla advise?

Wow that’s great to know, thanks so much! I’ll deffo try and precondition more moving forward.

Really hope they bring out a feature on the app or the car so you can just precondition the battery and not turn on the cabin AC etc. i think there used to be this feature but I could be wrong… at the moment the easiest way to only precondition the battery is to navigate to a supercharger and then once all the dots are gone just cancel the navigation. Any tips would be appreciated!

Reactions: Wattsisname
Really hope they bring out a feature on the app or the car so you can just precondition the battery and not turn on the cabin AC etc. i think there used to be this feature but I could be wrong… at the moment the easiest way to only precondition the battery is to navigate to a supercharger and then once all the dots are gone just cancel the navigation. Any tips would be appreciated!
Clever!

🧐What does Tesla advise?
Tesla suggest (if at home) keep car plugged in to the wall and precondition!

I remember watching some guy do this on youtube... I'll see if I can find it..

<-fast forwards time->

Ahhh here it is!

The guy simply turns on HVAC from mobile; about half an hour before going out (freezing conditions), and it auto switches to external power. He documents it really well tbh. Assumably teh warmer it is out, the less time conditioning takes up to a few minutes when 20c or over.

If I had a car I'd test for you guys lol 🎻

EDIT: Wonder if you can turn on just HVAC without cabin heaters, I got no way to test that either! :(

Tesla suggest (if at home) keep car plugged in to the wall and precondition!

I remember watching some guy do this on youtube... I'll see if I can find it..

<-fast forwards time->

The guy simply turns on HVAC from mobile; about half an hour before going out (freezing conditions), and it auto switches to external power. He documents it really well tbh. Assumably teh warmer it is out, the less time conditioning takes up to a few minutes when 20c or over.

If I had a car I'd test for you guys lol 🎻

EDIT: Wonder if you can turn on just HVAC without cabin heaters, I got no way to test that either! :(

There's nothing new here, it's been like this for several years, but the battery heater only comes on if it's particularily cold, it doesn't get the battery up to a working temperature.

Why does anyone want to heat the battery but not the cabin? If you're not plugged in you're still depleting the range by heating the battery, and if you are plugged in you may as well heat the cabin too. Only thing I can think of is better regen from the start, but the above won't cure that as the battery will still be too cold.