Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else use the trade-in to trade in their old car? Any feedback from anyone who has used it would be appreciated. I'd like to know if it is worth doing (the valuation they've given me isn't too bad so considering it).
Yep, mine was very good, £2.3k more than finance owing on a 15 month old Merc A Class. Almost £2k over best option elsewhere too. Beware after 60 days process repeats itself. Watch out I guess if your EDD is November!

Yep, mine was very good, £2.3k more than finance owing on a 15 month old Merc A Class. Almost £2k over best option elsewhere too. Beware after 60 days process repeats itself. Watch out I guess if your EDD is November!
Yeah most likely I will need to resubmit. At the moment my delivery has updated to June 20th-30th, but even then I'd need to re-apply.

I guess there's no point even taking pictures etc for it now as I will only have to take them all again anyway?

One more question, I will be using the Tesla finance route. It doesn't look like I can complete all that until I've sorted the trade-in? I just don't want to be leaving everything until the last minute.

Did anyone else use the trade-in to trade in their old car? Any feedback from anyone who has used it would be appreciated. I'd like to know if it is worth doing (the valuation they've given me isn't too bad so considering it).
I think you have to do your research, I see some people on here very happy with the trade in, for me personally it was a bad deal. Tesla offered £7480 and I ended up selling through motorway and getting £8674! Probably could have got around £9.5k private but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

Yeah most likely I will need to resubmit. At the moment my delivery has updated to June 20th-30th, but even then I'd need to re-apply.

I guess there's no point even taking pictures etc for it now as I will only have to take them all again anyway?

One more question, I will be using the Tesla finance route. It doesn't look like I can complete all that until I've sorted the trade-in? I just don't want to be leaving everything until the last minute.
Good plan but depends on your finances really🤷‍♂️.

I almost lost my trade in due to not taking my private reg off quick enough, but was prepared to pay the difference to get the M3 I was offered and sell my own car privately if I had to?

If I'd have missed the Q1 window the trade in value would have dropped and I'd have been in the same position anyway come May/June but would have waited another 3 months. Tesla very flexible in the end as they wanted to sell the car to me and I was 80% complete so easier to bend to me a little than start with someone new I guess? Especially as 2 days to month end!!

In the end it all worked out for the best, great trade in as well as placing the order before the £5k price hike. Win-win. I was just one of the very lucky ones. Hopefully it'll all work out for the best for you to👍

Reactions: rrajah
My estimated delivery has just changed to April 12-19th. Doesn't say which year! If correct I'm out of the country until 20th, hopefully they will keep it for me! Maybe they had one hidden away somewhere..

Its 100% a 2021 production and if it is consider yourself very fortunate, the 2021 productions have the least number of parts and modules missing plus you will get the LithiumIron instead of LithiumIon battery which has had many complaints to date, it will also have the Intel Atom MPU which on surface appears slower due to advertised frequency yet consumes less power due to the fact it has an onboard GPU versus the newer which has an external GPU. If it is in fact 2021 leftover which was either cancelled and not collected or a showroom vehicle (not demo) grasp it with all life and consider yourself very lucky as you will not only not have to wait months for your car but you will receive a higher quality production. Many people will most certainly disagree as they believe the 2022 is a better car as it has more recent changes. With Tesla, unfortunately changes are not always good or better, they are simply changes required to yield the vehicle manufactured and out the door on to a ship, 2300 of them per day in normal operating conditions