Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its 100% a 2021 production and if it is consider yourself very fortunate, the 2021 productions have the least number of parts and modules missing plus you will get the LithiumIron instead of LithiumIon battery which has had many complaints to date, it will also have the Intel Atom MPU which on surface appears slower due to advertised frequency yet consumes less power due to the fact it has an onboard GPU versus the newer which has an external GPU. If it is in fact 2021 leftover which was either cancelled and not collected or a showroom vehicle (not demo) grasp it with all life and consider yourself very lucky as you will not only not have to wait months for your car but you will receive a higher quality production. Many people will most certainly disagree as they believe the 2022 is a better car as it has more recent changes. With Tesla, unfortunately changes are not always good or better, they are simply changes required to yield the vehicle manufactured and out the door on to a ship, 2300 of them per day in normal operating conditions

How would it be possible you would know it's 100% a 2021 production, unless there's a VIN given?

I wouldn't be accepting an Intel Atom car now, that would mean it'll be missing various improvements that go along with that build,

Reactions: ArunG
I think you have to do your research, I see some people on here very happy with the trade in, for me personally it was a bad deal. Tesla offered £7480 and I ended up selling through motorway and getting £8674! Probably could have got around £9.5k private but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle.
As Ashdeman says worth getting some other quotes, for me on a 2018 BMW 5 series they were all less than Tesla (Motorway, Evans Halshaw, WBEC) apart from Bestcarbuyer who were £300 more so I went with Tesla as they guaranteed the quote for 60 days and it was convenient to drive there and just swap cars. I'm not sure how they get rid if the traded in cars as my BMW is on Autotrader at a car supermarket now for the same price that Tesla gave me which doesn't make much sense!

Its 100% a 2021 production and if it is consider yourself very fortunate, the 2021 productions have the least number of parts and modules missing plus you will get the LithiumIron instead of LithiumIon battery which has had many complaints to date, it will also have the Intel Atom MPU which on surface appears slower due to advertised frequency yet consumes less power due to the fact it has an onboard GPU versus the newer which has an external GPU. If it is in fact 2021 leftover which was either cancelled and not collected or a showroom vehicle (not demo) grasp it with all life and consider yourself very lucky as you will not only not have to wait months for your car but you will receive a higher quality production. Many people will most certainly disagree as they believe the 2022 is a better car as it has more recent changes. With Tesla, unfortunately changes are not always good or better, they are simply changes required to yield the vehicle manufactured and out the door on to a ship, 2300 of them per day in normal operating conditions
As you predicted .many will disagree with your analysis and conclusion that its a 2021 model (certainty level 100%?????). Apart from this, I doubt very much whether given choice many would pick the 2021 model vs 2022. Points you make also on battery are open to different views. The 2022 LFP battery with ability(and recommended) to charge to 100% means that you effectively can use full battery capacity for range without risking battery degradation in comparison to the 2021 model. The new Ryzon CPU vs Intel .while it consumes a little more energy is way superior in terms of reaction and speed of response.

"Doctors differ and patients die " just thought I would inject a contra view into the debate

How would it be possible you would know it's 100% a 2021 production, unless there's a VIN given? BASED SOLELY ON A HUNCH. IF ITS A POST DEC 15 PRODUCTION IT WILL HAVE THE NEW ITEMS, IF ITS PRIOR TO DEC 15TH PRODUCTION IT WILL HAVE THE PREVIOUS ITEMS. TESLA WILL NOT IN SUCH TIGHT CONDITIONS REOFFER OR ALLOCATE CANCELLED OFFERS TO PERSONS AWAITING DELIVERY, THEY WILL TACK ON A FREE (FOR THEM) EAP OR FSD AND ON TOP OF THAT TACK A PREMIUM OF 2000-2500 AND SELL AS A DEMO VEHICLE WITH 20-30 DELIVERY MILES

I wouldn't be accepting an Intel Atom car now, that would mean it'll be missing various improvements that go along with that build, NO YOU WOULDNT AND THE MAJORITY ARE LIKE YOU WHO WOULDNT BUT THERE ARE THOSE WHO KNOW THESE VEHICLES AND THE PARTS AND MODULES THAT MAKE UP THESE VEHICLES LIKE THAE BACK OF THEIR HANDS AND THEY RECOMEND THE PARTS THAT MAKE THE PREVIOUS GENERATION WHICH WERE PRODUCED UP TO DEC 15TH AND HAVE THE INTEL ATOM

---

Last edited:
As you predicted .many will disagree with your analysis and conclusion that its a 2021 model (certainty level 100%?????). Apart from this, I doubt very much whether given choice many would pick the 2021 model vs 2022. Points you make also on battery are open to different views. The 2022 LFP battery with ability(and recommended) to charge to 100% means that you effectively can use full battery capacity for range without risking battery degradation in comparison to the 2021 model. The new Ryzon CPU vs Intel .while it consumes a little more energy is way superior in terms of reaction and speed of response.

"Doctors differ and patients die " just thought I would inject a contra view into the debate

I HAD A CHOICE JUST RECENTLY BETWEEN TAKING A POST DEC 15 2021 PRODUCTION (REFERRED TO AS A 2022 MODEL) AND A PRE DEC 15 2021 PRODUCTION REFERRED TO AS A 2021 MODEL BASED ON MY RESEARCH REJECTED THE 2022 MODEL AND WAS THRILLED AND EVEN WILLING TO PAY A PREMIUM IF REQUIRED TO TAKE A 2021 MODEL. GOOD DOCTORS ARE FAR AN INBETWEEN, DREAMERS AND MAKE BELIEVERS, MANY

Ordered my M3P / Blue Exterior, Black interior on 15/3 through my salary sacrifice lease, Tesla text on 17/3 to confirm order but only EDD I can get is by calling them, phoned today and she said my ETA is May/June still which was the same I was advised back in March. Based in Newcastle so assume Newcastle collection!

I HAD A CHOICE JUST RECENTLY BETWEEN TAKING A POST DEC 15 2021 PRODUCTION (REFERRED TO AS A 2022 MODEL) AND A PRE DEC 15 2021 PRODUCTION REFERRED TO AS A 2021 MODEL BASED ON MY RESEARCH REJECTED THE 2022 MODEL AND WAS THRILLED AND EVEN WILLING TO PAY A PREMIUM IF REQUIRED TO TAKE A 2021 MODEL. GOOD DOCTORS ARE FAR AN INBETWEEN, DREAMERS AND MAKE BELIEVERS, MANY
Dude, we get it. You’ve bought three Tesla’s but still hate the company. With every post, I already know (with 100% certainty!!!) that you will bang on about a missing data enabled USB-C port, or that Tesla’s supposed improvement are, in fact, a downgrade for x, y and z reasons.

Does it not get a bit tiresome for you? Do you not start thinking to yourself “you know what? I’ve ordered and have had delivered 3 Tesla’s already and had a chance to voice my complaints, maybe I’ll just leave it at that and leave this thread for people with current orders and soon-to-be deliveries”?

I dunno, I just feel that if you’re going to come on here, to a thread of eagerly anticipating (many soon to be first time) Tesla owners, now shouting the same sheeeit you’ve been saying for MONTHS, that maybe you need to be called out on it.

Dude, we get it. You’ve bought three Tesla’s but still hate the company. With every post, I already know (with 100% certainty!!!) that you will bang on about a missing data enabled USB-C port, or that Tesla’s supposed improvement are, in fact, a downgrade for x, y and z reasons.

Does it not get a bit tiresome for you? Do you not start thinking to yourself “you know what? I’ve ordered and have had delivered 3 Tesla’s already and had a chance to voice my complaints, maybe I’ll just leave it at that and leave this thread for people with current orders and soon-to-be deliveries”?

I dunno, I just feel that if you’re going to come on here, to a thread of eagerly anticipating (many soon to be first time) Tesla owners, now shouting the same sheeeit you’ve been saying for MONTHS, that maybe you need to be called out on it.
Feel the same, give it a rest man you'll give yourself a hernia.

It’s a rollercoaster of emotions when you join this forum. I’ve gone through periods of extreme frustration where I’ve been frantically refreshing the inventory. That’s now moved on to acceptance that delays are now inevitable and I’m resigned to the fact that all May deliveries are off the table for model 3’s.

I’m sure I’m going to revert back to extreme frustration and impatience as my new EDD of 18th-30th June approaches.

Sorry to see a little disturbance in the force today....

I think a lot on here come to the forum because they have made a huge life choice moving from a well known, tried and tested form of vehicle to a next generation investment and leap of faith. I came here after ordering because I felt uneasy, I needed a little reassurance, a little pick me up and wanted to meet others in the same position as me. More than just the above, I have met, spoken to, and captured the spirit of becoming a member of the Tesla family. To me that has become as much part of being a potential owner as actually owning the thing. Sure I'm still waiting, and it feel like some of us have been waiting forever, but these forums are a total pick-me-up. As much as I felt weirdly anxious ordering a £50k+ vehicle, these forums put my mind at ease, everyone here is absolutely super, and the community are not just supportive, but hugely confidence inspiring to. Listening to lucky folks pick up their cars, sharing pics, and throwing questions around has kept things moving!

I admit, ALL comments are informative! I read everything and listen to everyone, and no snippet of information, positive or negative is not registered. Tech is a funny thing, it meanders like a river. It's always getting better and improving. For me, I'm moving from a '96 Astra (sentimental attachment from a late father), to one of the most advanced cars on the planet.. If you gave me a 2018 model 3 it'll be in a completely different league to anything I have known. Being now April, and Shanghai closed etc, Incoming Q2 2022 cars are what they are. They're a leap ahead of competition, they're exciting, they're just crazy vehicles. Sure somethings may be lacking compared to previously made cars, but the overwhelming fact is that cars will evolve, and evolution is evolution, not de-evolution. I have no idea what Tesla will change in 12 months from now, but when Snowy arrives, she will be what she is. She'll take care of me and the family, and she'll be awesome... as they say warts 'n' all.

Peace all, it's time for a large coffee in my 'you can't buy happiness, but you can buy a Tesla' mug! ☕