Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They shut down on 28 March. That's around the time they switch from domestic to export manufacturing for the upcoming quarter, therefore there aren't likely to be any European models already built for this quarter yet.
Alternatively they are able to start pumping out 1000+ cars from the opening day and have a boat which will be making delivery to UK shores within the next 4-5 weeks.

I expected some confusing times with delivery dates but this is my week so far. Monday April 11th, paid deposit on an M3 RWD white aero wheels, basic model with website delivery estimate of February 2023. I thought, what with inflation etc I had better get my order in and fix the price..Downloaded app and estimated delivery was, as expected, February. On to Tuesday. The app reported an estimated delivery date of June 13th to June 30th. This was a shock.. a very nice shock but meant I had to start considering part exchange and so on, the payment method I chose was bank transfer. So first had to admit to my better half what I had gone and done a LOT earlier than planned !! I think I got away with it, but with the warning I was only allowed to mention Tesla ONCE a.day. Whether this allowance was transferrable to the next day or if it expired at midnight I didnt find out.. anyway… Yesterday, Sunday 17 April, while showing the estimated delivery date to a friend it magically changed right in front of me.. back to February.. Can anyone make any sense of this for me ? I can‘t see how it can suddenly just add another eight months. Is that not very extreme ..??

Some of us still have May dates plus many got their June dates changed to May today so there is likely something coming before the end of May.
As I type this reply on Monday morning. There are no ships sailing to the UK and the factory aren’t producing cars. Whatever your expected date states on your account ignore as it’s pure fabrication at this point. If the factory opened today the earliest with a tail wind you would take delivery would be early June. No one but no one will receive a delivery in May sorry

As I type this reply on Monday morning. There are no ships sailing to the UK and the factory aren’t producing cars. Whatever your expected date states on your account ignore as it’s pure fabrication at this point. If the factory opened today the earliest with a tail wind you would take delivery would be early June. No one but no one will receive a delivery in May sorry
The factory reopened today, it’s closer to Tuesday now in Shanghai. Let’s see what actually happens as no one knows with certainty when cars will appear. I suspect they already have cars built and will be able to move those onto ships with some more Ys and 3s. I think with so many Ys with mid-May deliveries indicated we may see a ship coming out this week or next. For the 3s a week or 2 after.

Reactions: Nicki Minaj
There’s literally no benefit to Tesla “fabricating” EDD. If anything it will cause them more work with more calls / customer complaints re - missed estimated delivery dates.

I tend to believe Tesla has more intel on their delivery dates than randoms on forums. Unless you work for Tesla of course… 🤔

There’s literally no benefit to Tesla “fabricating” EDD. If anything it will cause them more work with more calls / customer complaints re - missed estimated delivery dates.

I tend to believe Tesla has more intel on their delivery dates than randoms on forums. Unless you work for Tesla of course… 🤔
😂 I don’t work for Tesla, however this is my 3rd Tesla order and I have endured every scenario possible. Through my experience and knowledge I have gained with Tesla over the last 4 years. My view is no one will take a delivery of a Tesla until the very earliest in June that’s if the factory opens up soon. Fingers crossed

My EDD still reporting 12-30 June. If that date remains the same over the coming weeks with GF Shanghai resuming some operations, hopefully that will be indicative of them being more confident that they will be able to achieve that date.

Of course, it could change at any point up until the week of delivery so I will continue to be hopefully optimistic but (mildly) prepared for disappointment.

Will also be watching the shipping thread like a hawk. The next major milestone will of course be the VIN allocation. Can’t wait!

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowy77
My EDD still reporting 12-30 June. If that date remains the same over the coming weeks with GF Shanghai resuming some operations, hopefully that will be indicative of them being more confident that they will be able to achieve that date.

Of course, it could change at any point up until the week of delivery so I will continue to be hopefully optimistic but (mildly) prepared for disappointment.

Will also be watching the shipping thread like a hawk. The next major milestone will of course be the VIN allocation. Can’t wait!
Hear Hear.🤞

Reactions: QuanTim