Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD still states "May 2022". I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing as realistically a May delivery will be impossible. I am not getting any joy from my rep at Tesla. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-30 183328.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-30 183328.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 86
Been lurking here a while, M3LR/Black/Black/Areo Ordered Feb 12th 2022.
EDD has been all over the place, was 04 June - 30 June A week ago, but now its back to "August 2022".
Interesting tho, isNotMatchedToRa00VIN:"false", so hopefully I'll get a VIN sometime soon!
I ordered 9th Feb and they just told me November. I get the feeling Tesla has no idea when people will get their cars which is really poor

I ordered 9th Feb and they just told me November. I get the feeling Tesla has no idea when people will get their cars which is really poor
Welcome to the wonderful world of getting ready to become a Tesla owner.
This is my third order so I’m used to the trails and tribulations lol.

Through my experience my advice would be to ignore what the Tesla support team tell you Untill you get a “ delivery date text “ you could ask the same question to 3 different reps in the same hour and they will give you 3 different answers.

Ignore your EDD as it’s there as a pure rough guide but will change on multiple occasions.

Simple rule of thumb is when the ship sales account for 28 days sail and add 2-7 days on top depending on where you live for collection.

If a ship sailed today you could expect to collect in most cases 1st week of June

Time to get excited is when MR M tells you a ship has left Shanghai and it’s scheduled date to Southampton. During the ships journey usually 0-7 days in, you will get a text from Tesla stating you have keen matched to a car and they will supply a VIN number.

All you do to yourself when phoning up Tesla is give yourself false hopes and sometimes leaving you feeling demoralised.

Mr M is your most accurate guide !!

Urgh, so I may have made what could be perceived to be a bit of a mistake yesterday.

We have a M3LR on order and have been super excited about it since we placed it a month and a half ago. A few weeks back, the EDD changed from June/July to November.... what seems like a world away! Needless to say, we were pretty bummed.

So, to kill a bit of time, we thought to test drive a Model Y - literally just for a bit of sh*ts and giggs. Now, the M3 has always been my dream. A sporty saloon with all the bells and whistles, blah blah - we all know what a machine it is.

My partner, though, she's more like "I’m excited to get this car, I’m excited for you, it's going to make us get out and about more" blah blah. So although she's excited and happy, she has never been at that same level of excitement like I have been about it and always thought it was "just a car".

That all changed yesterday...

Turns out, the Model Y is what she needed to get excited! After driving around, she was SOLD. She loved everything about it; the size, the ride height, the boot space, the back space, the sound system... everything! After our drive, we immediately sat in the Model 3 for a comparison (we've test driven it before). She said it felt like "sitting in a pot" in comparison. She called the Y a literal (of course, meaning metaphorical) spaceship.

The thing is, for me, as the driver, there were a few things I did not like about it (but many things I did): 1) the rear visibility was horrid and the side mirrors smaller than the 3. Could probably get over this but always felt that I couldn't quite see anything behind me. Reliance on rear camera will be a real thing which I’m not yet convinced about. 2) the seat.. for some reason at the very back of the seat, it was pinching my bum a little bit. Not a huge amount, but I had to scoot a bit forward for it not to do the pinching. Was a bit weird and never seen anyone complain about this before (I’m 6 ft, medium size bum for anyone wondering) Edit: I didn't get this in when we sat in the 3 immediately after, though I thought they had the exact same seats? Weird. 3) the noise of the suspension. Yes, it really is a thing. Not crazy bad, but noticeable. Will probably get used to it after a while and was drowned out by the superb sound system 4) the turning circle. It was decent, but thought I'd be doing a lot more reversing in that thing to get in/out of a tight spot. 5) it wasn't as fast. Yes, it's FAST, faster than you'd ever need, but it's not the same feeling of "fast" as you get in the 3 (you can tell I’m getting very nit-picky now!). My partner still got very clammy when I gave it some juice.

So overall, it is an AMAZING vehicle with some minor driver-related gripes. It still drives like the motors are literally connected to your brain - like all other Tesla's. So really, it still performs amazingly well and has the added benefit of all that glorious space. It will make my partner over the moon. It will make me super happy. Question is, is that enough to place the order and cancel the 3? I welcome opinions.

Last edited:
Urgh, so I may have made what could be perceived to be a bit of a mistake yesterday.

We have a M3LR on order and have been super excited about it since we placed it a month and a half ago. A few weeks back, the EDD changed from June/July to November.... what seems like a world away! Needless to say, we were pretty bummed.

So, to kill a bit of time, we thought to test drive a Model Y - literally just for a bit of sh*ts and giggs. Now, the M3 has always been my dream. A sporty saloon with all the bells and whistles, blah blah - we all know what a machine it is.

My partner, though, she's more like "I’m excited to get this car, I’m excited for you, it's going to make us get out and about more" blah blah. So although she's excited and happy, she has never been at that same level of excitement like I have been about it and always thought it was "just a car".

Turns out, the Model Y is what she needed to get excited! After driving around, she was SOLD. She loved everything about it; the size, the ride height, the boot space, the back space, the sound system... everything! After our drive, we immediately sat in the Model 3 for a comparison (we've test driven it before). She said it felt like "sitting in a pot" in comparison. She called the Y a literal (of course, meaning metaphorical) spaceship.

The thing is, for me, as the driver, there were a few things I did not like about it (but many things I did): 1) the rear visibility was horrid and the side mirrors smaller than the 3. Could probably get over this but always felt that I couldn't quite see anything behind me. Reliance on rear camera will be a real thing which I’m not yet convinced about. 2) the seat.. for some reason at the very back of the seat, it was pinching my bum a little bit. Not a huge amount, but I had to scoot a bit forward for it not to do the pinching. Was a bit weird and never seen anyone complain about this before (I’m 6 ft, medium size bum for anyone wondering) Edit: I didn't get this in when we sat in the 3 immediately after, though I thought they had the exact same seats? Weird. 3) the noise of the suspension. Yes, it really is a thing. Not crazy bad, but noticeable. Will probably get used to it after a while and was drowned out by the superb sound system 4) the turning circle. It was decent, but thought I'd be doing a lot more reversing in that thing to get in/out of a tight spot. 5) it wasn't as fast. Yes, it's FAST, faster than you'd ever need, but it's not the same feeling of "fast" as you get in the 3 (you can tell I’m getting very nit-picky now!). My partner still got very clammy when I gave it some juice.

So overall, it is an AMAZING vehicle with some minor driver-related gripes. It still drives like the motors are literally connected to your brain - like all other Tesla's. So really, it still performs amazingly well and has the added benefit of all that glorious space. It will make my partner over the moon. It will make me super happy. Question is, is that enough to place the order and cancel the 3? I welcome opinions.

Go with what your partner says. If you think the suspension noise is bad, imagine having to listen to ‘I told you so, you should have listened to me’ for the life of the vehicle.

Happy wife, happy life.

I would stick with model 3. IMO it looks better, it’s quicker and you’ll get a bit better range. Also activists are not going to deflate your tyres 😂

Been lurking here a while, M3LR/Black/Black/Areo Ordered Feb 12th 2022.
EDD has been all over the place, was 04 June - 30 June A week ago, but now its back to "August 2022".
Interesting tho, isNotMatchedToRa00VIN:"false", so hopefully I'll get a VIN sometime soon!
This is what I don’t get.
My only difference is the colour, we went for blue. Yet I don’t have an EDD anymore and was told by tesla “I will know an EDD within a FEW weeks”

I initially ordered an M3RWD through Octopus a week or so ago, with the EDD on the Tesla website showing Aug 2022, the following day that changed to Feb 2023 😣.

I needed to get out of my diesel Passat before the autumn because my company really does not want to re-insure it for another year - salary sacrifice scheme to improve their carbon footprint.

I have now ordered a MYLR!!

Reactions: QuanTim