Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had black wheels on cars in the past. I always have some matching black paint to hand to touch up the marks. At least covering up the silver appearance of the damage makes a huge difference.
Yeah you can get it on eBay that matches the colour of these wheels. The problem is with the design, as there is zero protection on the tyre wall for the wheels like most cars have.

I just bit the bullet and ordered a Blue Model Y with Induction Wheels... After looking at what my bank would offer in terms of interest rate I thought sod it, why not, totally affordable.

I will be selling my 2019 Model 3 SR+ to mostly finance the purchase, with a loan making up the rest. Anyone on here have recent experience of selling a Model 3 privately? And I guess the advice would be to offload sooner rather than later right? Driving our runabout (a 10 year old Seat Ibiza) won't be much fun for several months but at least it will make getting into that new Model Y all the sweeter.

Bring it on!
There’s a thread on here about the Tesla M3 trade-in value being good with Tesla (better than WBAC / motorway ). Not sure about vs private sale.
You may as well see what they offer you, as you don’t have to accept. Only caveat is that they don’t seem to give a trade-in value until the car is assigned, to prevent the quote expiring too soon.

Reactions: OUTATIME1
I’m thinking of changing my order with Zen from model 3 to Y, especially as delivery dates seem more certain on Y, they are quoting June so presume they have block orders, as no one can tell me about my model 3 order other than it was March, then May and now November.

I’m thinking of changing my order with Zen from model 3 to Y, especially as delivery dates seem more certain on Y, they are quoting June so presume they have block orders, as no one can tell me about my model 3 order other than it was March, then May and now November.

Dont change order to Y simply place a new order for MY and which ever one comes through first go with that and Zen would be more than delighted to keep the other an resell to another customer

The same thought crossed my mind but it’s just so much more £ than the m3 and I just don’t need the extra space. Zen are still sticking with quoting Jun for my m3 but Tesla said Nov the other day. Just gonna have to see how it pans out, worst case I guess I’ll be buying a banger to tide me over a few months!

My EDD for the same spec M3 as you, same order date, also through zen is still June according to Tesla live chat. Might be worth double checking.

The same thought crossed my mind but it’s just so much more £ than the m3 and I just don’t need the extra space. Zen are still sticking with quoting Jun for my m3 but Tesla said Nov the other day. Just gonna have to see how it pans out, worst case I guess I’ll be buying a banger to tide me over a few months!
Did Tesla say Nov specifically for your RN or is this just what it says on the Tesla website when you go through the configurator?

With the stopping and starting and disrupted production, it’s fair to say there are going to be some lemons coming our way. I’m worried I’m going to get one of them.
Stop worrying. Looks like Tesla already made around 20k cars since reopening. It’s not in their business to keep the cars parked so probably went to local market. Anyway I’m pretty sure MIC cars will be good.

The correct answer! #TeamBlue

Im also Blue with 20s. Went with the intention of ordering the MSM (grey!) but the blue one was in the showroom with the induction wheels and looked sensational. Saw a grey one outside on a sunny day and didn’t think it looked quite as good especially around the front.

All opinions backed by Mrs T, who is definitely the decision maker when it comes to colour 😅
I ordered a MS M3P and then went to check out in real life and saw this comparison the MS is in the background i changed the order to blue as i really liked it

Attachments

• 613CBB25-CC21-4DDC-89DE-E324EAF6BBDE.jpeg
    613CBB25-CC21-4DDC-89DE-E324EAF6BBDE.jpeg
    959.6 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: Toblerone
Sorry if this isn’t the right place…

Have a MY order in (mid-April) and had an EDD of June 12 - June 30. Submitted trade-in details thinking it was the right thing to do, and now it’s August 05 - September 04.

Was it better to wait to submit trade-in details once a VIN is assigned (none in source code) or is this just part of the rollercoaster that is Tesla’s EDDs?

Have a MY order in (mid-April) and had an EDD of June 12 - June 30. Submitted trade-in details thinking it was the right thing to do, and now it’s August 05 - September 04.

Was it better to wait to submit trade-in details once a VIN is assigned (none in source code) or is this just part of the rollercoaster that is Tesla’s EDDs?
Part of the roller coaster - I don't think having a trade-in puts a delay in unnecessarily.

Sounds similar to me. I ordered 6th April and was showing the same as you for June, and now showing same Aug/Sept. I'm not trading in, so don't think that has anything to do with it. I suspect many April orders are going to be bumped due to Shanghai issues.

Reactions: Toblerone