Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I bit yesterday on a M3 RWD (CPO) from the Tesla inventory. It has only done 250 miles and was the same as my existing order only with black exterior (I prefer it in black than the white I had ordered anyway) and was a bit cheaper. I knew if I didn't get it quick it would be gone.

I know need to get Tesla to swap me over to this vehicle, swap over the finance (I am paying via Tesla loan), and sort out my trade-in which is sat in pending.

Has anyone done this before ( swapped to one from inventory while waiting on their existing order), and how did it go?
Update: It did not go well. I've had to cancel it and go back to my original order. I was told by someone at Tesla last week that I could still do a Tesla Loan, but that as it turns out is incorrect. For the avoidance of doubt you cannot pick the "Tesla Loan" option on an inventory order I'm afraid.

That car I've cancelled will eventually pop-up on the inventory page if anyone wants to keep an eye out (and isn't determined to pay via tesla loan). ;)

Back to waiting for November delivery for me now. (And a 2-3 week wait for the extra £200 deposit I paid to be returned!).

hi which live chat option please as i could only find ones in the support section for other queries?
Hi, when I clicked on 'see faster options' at the bottom of the order page it then opened up a new web browser and it pops up at the bottom

1651589121339.png

My RN was transferred over to the lease company (Lex) last week with EDD of June. I just provided the Tesla live chat with my RN and they checked the order and confirmed its still on for June. They also added the following:

As we are waiting for the next shipments of Model Y Long Range to arrive. The dates are updated based on the factories production and expected arrival in the UK.

Reactions: Daedalus and Fezza
My RN was transferred over to the lease company (Lex) last week with EDD of June. I just provided the Tesla live chat with my RN and they checked the order and confirmed its still on for June. They also added the following:

As we are waiting for the next shipments of Model Y Long Range to arrive. The dates are updated based on the factories production and expected arrival in the UK.

Good that they let you check after it was transferred to the lease company. I'll 'go blind' when mine is transferred over next week and dreading it, haha!

Update: It did not go well. I've had to cancel it and go back to my original order. I was told by someone at Tesla last week that I could still do a Tesla Loan, but that as it turns out is incorrect. For the avoidance of doubt you cannot pick the "Tesla Loan" option on an inventory order I'm afraid.

That car I've cancelled will eventually pop-up on the inventory page if anyone wants to keep an eye out (and isn't determined to pay via tesla loan). ;)

Back to waiting for November delivery for me now. (And a 2-3 week wait for the extra £200 deposit I paid to be returned!).
Ok so it can happen, my existing order including Tesla finance was moved across to an inventory car I contacted Tesla about in March. I’ll share a few considerations below from my personal experience to do whatever you want with.

If you see a car in inventory that is an exact match or satisfies your redline conditions then contact Tesla immediately, don’t purchase in inventory (subjective viewpoint but it worked for me).

Let the SA know you’ve found an available vehicle and would like it matched to your order. The initial response is likely to be no (SOP). Be understanding but ask for an exception to be applied and start bringing in practical considerations (I mentioned my existing Tesla finance app would have to be re-done). There will probably need to be a discussion with a manager to approve but if your SA is going into bat for you that’s half the battle.

Forgive the next blindingly obvious part but try and create some rapport with the representative, they will likely have many encounters daily with entitled, impatient customers, a perceived “nice” one may get a better outcome.
As per a previous discussion in this thread timing may also be a factor. It was pretty close to quarter end and I was willing to move and collect within a few days (needed to be before quarter end - it was after 4pm on 31 March I actually collected, pretty much the last opportunity in Q1). This may be a diminished factor given news re quotas and salary rise @ Tesla.
I’m sure there are many other approaches that will be equally/more effective, just sharing my experience navigating the process as quickly as I could.
Looking forward to those delivery/pick up pics from everyone 🤞😊😃

Spoke to Tesla today as im getting concerned as my edd has not moved

I explained that if my tesla was not coming in June i needed to put another car in place

I was told

1 my car would be available mid to late June
2 that my car has not left Shanghai
3 that my car is being manufactured as we speak

When pushed she assured me that today the car would definitely be here by June 30th

🤷‍♂️

Model 3 performance in blue with full self driving

Reality is you can do finance and lease on inventory vehicles so long as they are unregistered (new) vehicles, one with 250 miles is registered and is considered a used vehicle, Tesla UK does not offer finance and lease option on used vehicles

• Informative
Reactions: t0ne and Toblerone
Spoke to Tesla today as im getting concerned as my edd has not moved

I explained that if my tesla was not coming in June i needed to put another car in place

I was told

1 my car would be available mid to late June
2 that my car has not left Shanghai
3 that my car is being manufactured as we speak

When pushed she assured me that today the car would definitely be here by June 30th

🤷‍♂️

Model 3 performance in blue with full self driving
Was this over live chat?

I've been given conflicting information from Tesla about my M3P order (via Lex Autolease).

I've spoken to live chat this morning. M3LR ordered in November last year. Leasing through Lex so I have my RN number but no other information in my account. They have told me my order has not been assigned yet but should be receiving a text very soon with a vehicle assigned for early June delivery/collection. 🤞

I've spoken to live chat this morning. M3LR ordered in November last year. Leasing through Lex so I have my RN number but no other information in my account. They have told me my order has not been assigned yet but should be receiving a text very soon with a vehicle assigned for early June delivery/collection. 🤞
Out of curiosity what month was your EDD when ordering?

May so a slight delay. Still not holding out for much hope for early June as really the boat needs to have left or leave any day to stand a chance of this! My Mercedes goes back the last week of May so I am hoping it wont be too long!!
I really hope we are getting cars in early June. I’m without car this month as well and I have a big road trip through France coming up at the end of June.