Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw this on Facebook
EFB870AA-7203-466B-8C65-E63CAE17CC69.jpeg
. I was told a few weeks ago in the Tesla showroom while changing from RWD to LR that all LR models come with matrix LEDs. Even the new RWD ones.Not sure I’d this just an American thing or are all RWD LR models reverting back to old lights.

Reactions: Andyb5
Hope so - I had hoped a Feb order would have been early enough to secure a Q2 car - fingers crossed something changes for the better later this week.
I thought mine was bad, ordering early enough, 14th March to secure a June delivery. It doesn't seem logical that people who ordered mid-end of April still have June delivery windows.

But your feb order definitely doesn't make sense to be pushed back that far. I'm hopefully for the updates by the end of the week.

I just saw this on FacebookView attachment 802933. I was told a few weeks ago in the Tesla showroom while changing from RWD to LR that all LR models come with matrix LEDs. Even the new RWD ones.Not sure I’d this just an American thing or are all RWD LR models reverting back to old lights.
That would make sense, and other marques would reserve choice elements for their top of range cars … but who knows with Tesla … at best we have a vague understanding of the specification of the cars we will receive … I can’t imagine any other manufacturer getting away with such a loose sales description … cuts both ways though I guess in that billy-bonus items seem to crop up from time to time with some of them being quite significant, e.g. the heat pump. I can live without matrix headlights, not even entirely sure of the benefit … but I like the sound of them!

Funny thing is I’ve only test drove it for 30mins on one occasion. I didn’t really look into the functions of the Tesla and have since done ZERO research since ordering it. I’ll be completely clueless when i take delivery 😂
:) I bet you know how to check your EDD:)

You don't need to know much to get it home. Then begins the adventure for all us first Tesla owners.

I just saw this on FacebookView attachment 802933. I was told a few weeks ago in the Tesla showroom while changing from RWD to LR that all LR models come with matrix LEDs. Even the new RWD ones.Not sure I’d this just an American thing or are all RWD LR models reverting back to old lights.
The thing about Tesla is that they are now building significantly different versions of their cars in different factories with different components. A Model Y from Fremont or Shanghai will have 2170 cells in a conventional pack. A MY built in Berlin will (currently) have 2170 cells in a structural pack and one from Texas will have 4680s in a structural pack. A Texas one will also (apparently) have a single megacasting for its rear structure while the other factories use the older two part one.

So depending on cost and suppliers they could well be putting different headights on the 'same' car depending on where it's built. And that's before you get to the tailoring of details for a particular market. For example, it might be cheaper to fit matrix headlights to RHD cars rather than have a specific RHD part, or they may be casting a sideways glance at what BMW do in different markets.