Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I am summising it is automated and works something like this

EDD's just jump around according to Tesla's auto website which is why you see them in May, August then June again because in reality it doesn't know and it's just going off whatever the expected deliveries for new orders is on the Tesla website

then the list of orders (RN numbers) once the ship sails will just be assigned automatically

Such as if there is 5 MY

RN1234568 - VINXXX
RN1234569 - VINXXX
RN12345610 - VINXXX
RN12345611 - VINXXX
RN12345612- VINXXX
RN12345613 - None left for you

That's how I would expect it to logically work

Of course I am guessing, but I can't see any other realistic way
Depends on config ordered as well. They make a set number of each config so some configs will run out before others.

Reactions: Snowy77
I think I've been forgotten about. My app still shown EDD May. Would much prefer to have an end of June EDD as there is a remote possibility but given the lack of RHDs built this quarter and the fact that I'm in Ireland I suspect we won't be seeing too many ship over this way in this Q.
I have a strong suspicion that the month long EDD is a placeholder that is used, based on the original EDD quoted when you ordered.

I don’t think it’s actually saying to expect one this month it just doesn’t have something specific to show you right now. I’m in the same position; I’ve been shown august 2022 for the past week and I’m hoping these EDDs don’t carry much weight and it all comes down to VIN assignment in coming days/weeks

Reactions: mhkmiah1
I spoke to a Tesla rep about this and the official line is that when an order is placed, it acts as guide for the factory. The configurations are limited in scope, so when configured for RHD vehicles a block of RED, LR, WHITE INT cars will be produced when it's logical to do. Some can uncannily clip an immediate production so actually allocated a car sooner, some just miss the slot so fall on a later ETA date. Mass produced WHITE / MSM / BLACK are being churned out frequently, but waiting list is longer, you get allocated when you reach the front of the queue.

I don't think there's any RNG, but it is a fun suggestion 😁 The best way to get a car without waiting in line is to mash the refresh on Tesla inventory when a boat arrives. Any orphaned cars will go straight on inventory, and that inventory is used by Tesla AND quick fingered prospective owners happy to negotiate on spec and immediately snatch a car.

For newer members to the forum, the UK inventory link is HERE - all the filters can be set from the left panel and you can set up tracker alerts as well.

Happy hunting!

• Informative
Reactions: JOL1 and nscar
I spoke to a Tesla rep about this and the official line is that when an order is placed, it acts as guide for the factory. The configurations are limited in scope, so when configured for RHD vehicles a block of RED, LR, WHITE INT cars will be produced when it's logical to do. Some can uncannily clip an immediate production so actually allocated a car sooner, some just miss the slot so fall on a later ETA date. Mass produced WHITE / MSM / BLACK are being churned out frequently, but waiting list is longer, you get allocated when you reach the front of the queue.

I don't think there's any RNG, but it is a fun suggestion 😁 The best way to get a car without waiting in line is to mash the refresh on Tesla inventory when a boat arrives. Any orphaned cars will go straight on inventory, and that inventory is used by Tesla AND quick fingered prospective owners happy to negotiate on spec and immediately snatch a car.

For newer members to the forum, the UK inventory link is HERE - all the filters can be set from the left panel and you can set up tracker alerts as well.

Happy hunting!
It does seem incredible that they just make cars and then allocate them to a user. That just doesn’t make commercial of financial sense. If you think about it logically, there are only really two options for each colour that have an impact, the interior. The wheels can change. The balance is that of end user satisfaction against production capability.

It does make sense that they get a batch of colours and bang those out at the same time, but then I don’t have the first clue on the painting procedure, maybe they have 5 paint stations, one for each colour??

It does seem incredible that they just make cars and then allocate them to a user. That just doesn’t make commercial of financial sense. If you think about it logically, there are only really two options for each colour that have an impact, the interior. The wheels can change. The balance is that of end user satisfaction against production capability.

It does make sense that they get a batch of colours and bang those out at the same time, but then I don’t have the first clue on the painting procedure, maybe they have 5 paint stations, one for each colour??
yeah there's a bit of a rumor that if you order all premium (red paint / white interior / sport alloys / performance) you get your car sooner... the reality is that people ordering these vehicles is way less, and, way more likely to get orphaned. If you happen to have an identical spec on order and someone else in the short line skips / pospones etc, you're going to be right up there in the pecking order). Funny fact, 3 weeks after ordering mine in November, I got a call from Tesla offering me a LR / White / Black interior.. The call was a shock and great surprise.. however I wasn't ready so politely declined.. So random things can happen! Now though, demand is so intense, unless you spam inventory, gone are the days of a Tesla rep calling you directly offering you something out of the blue!

Premium spec vs poverty spec
Order a Premium spec and you'll more likely get it sooner
Order a poverty and the back of the queue you go
Reality is more poverty spec vehicles are built but demand for these is greater

It’s like most things in life, pay a premium for anything and you’ll more often than not receive it quicker

I’ll be a proud poverty spec owner in June 😃

Reactions: Snowy77
That is correct. When I looked at the delivery options back in March, higher specs and upgrades pushed the delivery sooner.
This photo was recently taken, look at the ratio of white to red. It means that if you happen to have a pretty premium spec car, you're not going to have anyone in front of you in the queue 😄 - white on the other hand or MSM, and the queue is going to be a long one!

1652435238923.png

Reactions: QuanTim and nscar
This photo was recently taken, look at the ratio of white to red. It means that if you happen to have a pretty premium spec car, you're not going to have anyone in front of you in the queue 😄 - white on the other hand or MSM, and the queue is going to be a long one!

View attachment 803608

I like the red and I can see that you get it sooner, but It’s not worth £2K having driven a red Y recently, not sure the Gemini’s go with it