Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a strong suspicion that the month long EDD is a placeholder that is used, based on the original EDD quoted when you ordered.

I don’t think it’s actually saying to expect one this month it just doesn’t have something specific to show you right now. I’m in the same position; I’ve been shown august 2022 for the past week and I’m hoping these EDDs don’t carry much weight and it all comes down to VIN assignment in coming days/weeks
I have the exact same spec as you, for Newcastle delivery and ordered early March. Same 'August 2022' EDD. Like you say, I don't think this means anything just yet and maybe it will update in a few weeks as cars begin to be allocated to orders

Reactions: indeniall
I have the exact same spec as you, for Newcastle delivery and ordered early March. Same 'August 2022' EDD. Like you say, I don't think this means anything just yet and maybe it will update in a few weeks as cars begin to be allocated to orders
I’m glad I’m not the only one haha - maybe all of our spec are seeing the same. Hopefully we will get some matching soon and they haven’t decided to just not make our spec this Q

Reactions: mhkmiah1
Mine is still June :) Bluewater pickup

1087A12D-819A-4FB8-A29A-60804FA926C7.jpeg

Reactions: mhkmiah1
My ETA has jumped around a bit, slipping to August to September early May, last week changed to a the last week of June. I have to believe that although VINs are allocated once the vessel ships, they must know that there should be a car ready for you?? I could be (and often are) wrong 😂
I am hoping you are not wrong and feel the same. :) I only had 1 change in my EED since April and its locked in to the end of June (for now).

I am hoping that the EDD isn't just an dumb automated update based on a calendar but is based on some realistic inputs based on many moving parts. IF (my view) nothing is heading to the UK then we would all see this EDD just move to Q3 or just disappear?. I guess nothing is fixed until it is :)

BTW, "VIN matching happens around 4 weeks in advance of delivery." I was told this when I was asking when this happens.

Reactions: xtattsbox
Ordered via Tusker March. Early estimate was September, then late May, early June, late June and now jumped to early August. Standard spec with MSM paint.

Requested the RN number from Tusker - is there a way to check progress directly with Tesla once I have this?

Everyone talking about EDD movements and I’m just sitting here with no EDD at all. 😔

Was 18-30th june and it disappeared last week and when I phoned Tesla they said it just says “unknown” and they have no idea why!

At well over £50000 am I being unfair to expect a little better?

Ordered via Tusker March. Early estimate was September, then late May, early June, late June and now jumped to early August. Standard spec with MSM paint.

Requested the RN number from Tusker - is there a way to check progress directly with Tesla once I have this?
I ordered via Zenith late March and Tesla text me my RN straight away. Since then I have had nothing except Zenith emails saying late July delivery (their portal states 15th July).
Called Tesla last month and they confirmed the order was in and on track for late June early July delivery (Zenith get them delivered to your home).
Just had a chat with them now on the website and was told they were still waiting for confirmation from Zenith before they could confirm my order, no idea what that means now.
I think you can try and get the RN and contact Tesla, then I think it really depends on who you get to talk/chat with as to whether you will get any details.

Nope,
Because the truth is they don't know what has been shipped from Shanghai, they will only know once VIN's are assigned, the best indicator for us will be when some of us actually get VIN's and if you don't get one then its sayonara until the next batch sadly

Premium spec vs poverty spec
Order a Premium spec and you'll more likely get it sooner
Order a poverty and the back of the queue you go
If you look at Tesla’s website right now it’s rather the opposite.
If you deviate from white exterior / or change to white interior, couple months delay added to your order, well into end of 2022.

Strangely they default you to 20" wheels, you have to change manually to 19" to lower the price. Supplies issues maybe?

Its been a strange experience so far, am i buying the Apple Iphone of the car world, where i purchase it without question as i am an unquestioning devotee? My colleague has had an S for three years, drives regularly to the South of France and cannot fault it. We loved the test drives, Tesla has more experience than any of the competition and has a proven product. Its an internet company i get it, not an old fashioned dealership, and yeah i love it that Tesla have not tried to sell me tyre insurance, scratch and dent insurance or gap insurance, All options are mostly inccuded. My last car from BMW they kept me there for 2 hours to buy it, even though i was paying cash and the asking price and walked in and said i will take it after 1 minute. Tesla is so simple, I love it! But when i paid my deposit Tesla failed to claim it and cancelled my order, my bank had authorised it, so i ordered another on their advice after the 4th call in April with the Estimated Delivery: June 05 - June 30 ever since the second day and unchanged ever since. Perhaps I would be calmer had we not sold our devil diesel BMW already, but I guess we are all in the same boat (I wish from China) and lucky enough to be buying a Tesla during a cost of living crises, but am i being a spoilt brat? i would love to have just a little information from them and I gess getting a Vin will be like Christmas and getting the car will be like all my christmases rolled into one. :)
Pretty much an accurate summary thats the Tesla business model and is geared towards a volume producer rather than being individual personalised service. As much as people may wish it otherwise it's unlikely to change as it's successful for so long as demand outstrips supply. As has been said many times the EDD's float around and it is usual that the VIN only gets assigned (first in the background, then officially notified to customer about 2 weeks later) when the cars are about to hit the high seas. I feel pretty sure that Tesla staff have greater visibility but it is company policy to say as little as possible (which I totally understand) until there is greater certainty.

Wishing it was otherwise won't change anything. Many will get positive news soon as ship loads and leaves Shanghai for Southhampton (UK orders) or Zeebrugge for others (IRL and North European). Keep checking your VIN's.

I say all the above not to be negative but to be realistic. I was lucky to get my car at end of March and can fully understand peoples anxieties but when you get that VIN all the tensions disappear and you can look forward to a great car that wont disappoint.

Hi All, Just joined here.....and ordered my White Tesla 3 back in early October 2021 via a Lease Company. Been hassling the lease company but (the same as everyone else) they're in the dark. Anyone else here been waiting longer than Oct last year?
From what I'm reading, looks like the GLOVIS SPLENDOR & SWALLOW ACE are firm favourites as they are both getting to Suez around 27th/28th May??

This photo was recently taken, look at the ratio of white to red. It means that if you happen to have a pretty premium spec car, you're not going to have anyone in front of you in the queue 😄 - white on the other hand or MSM, and the queue is going to be a long one!

View attachment 803608
Recently taken 3 years ago in San Francisco?

• Funny
Reactions: Snowy77 and delta0
Yeah, but i made the following calculations... If the boat docks let's say around the 10th of June.

4-5 days to delivery the cars by truck to the tesla shop in the area
4-5 days to have a licence plate

Then it's time for the leasing company to finalize all the documents and have a final check on the car, again say 4-5 days... Then it's delivery time!
Bringing the conversation over to this thread. The vehicle registration is done whilst it’s still on the ship, you will get the V5 within a few days of receiving the vehicle. Glovis Splendor was originally due to arrive in Northern Europe around 8th June so it will be even earlier than this at Koper. In reality all the cars on that ship will be in customers hands within a few days afterwards. Add a few more days for those being transported, it won’t be more than 1-1.5 weeks after max. This will align with people that have EDDs early to mid June. Any EDD later than mid-June then it’s on a different ship.

Reactions: Snowy77
Bringing the conversation over to this thread. The vehicle registration is done whilst it’s still on the ship, you will get the V5 within a few days of receiving the vehicle. Glovis Splendor was originally due to arrive in Northern Europe around 8th June so it will be even earlier than this at Koper. In reality all the cars on that ship will be in customers hands within a few days afterwards. Add a few more days for those being transported, it won’t be more than 1-1.5 weeks after max. This will align with people that have EDDs early to mid June. Any EDD later than mid-June then it’s on a different ship.

Personally I'm 🤞that Tesla UK is able to send an invoice dated well enough prior to 20-June so that I don't need to refresh my (non-Tesla) finance quote. So my hope is that sometime in the next couple of weeks I'll get matched to a VIN, book a collection date/time, and get the invoice across to the financier.

Obviously this is all dependent on getting a VIN 😂