Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, long time no speak!

So I received my AliExpress order! Cost me just under £20

To me it makes so much of a difference! And a must have.

PXL_20220517_180145174.jpg

PXL_20220517_180522797.jpg

Excuse the messy carpets.

car goes in to Tesla Monday for its detail to remove swirls and scratches so I will upload once completed!

Hope you guys and girls don't have long to go for pickup.

@Snowy77 you got yours yet?

View attachment 805479

View attachment 805480

car goes in to Tesla Monday for its detail to remove swirls and scratches so I will upload once completed!

Mind sharing the aliexpress link you got this from pls?

Reactions: Toblerone and E_had
Still funny that our £50k/£60k/£70k+ vehicles have this IKEA vibe where you have to purchase basic accessories that would be considered as absolutely minimum requirement with any other carmaker :D

Such as ? I have a set of mats ready but I don’t expect mats to come free with much cheaper cars let alone a Tesla. And all the rest of the “must have” accessories I see listed by various folks seem deeply optional to me.

Reactions: JOL1
Such as ? I have a set of mats ready but I don’t expect mats to come free with much cheaper cars let alone a Tesla. And all the rest of the “must have” accessories I see listed by various folks seem deeply optional to me.
I had to oay for arm rest and floor mats for my Peugeot 2008..soooo depends on what "accessories" you need. On my M3 got only new struts for power frunk.

Just been told due to a bug in the new navigation software no deliveries on inventory cars untill a patch is available hopefully within days not weeks

Today i spoke to a supervisor who was excellent and very honest and a credit to the company

I did not get very far but at least i now have a understanding of the problems they are facing and this guy totally got my position and really got into the weeds in try to help

Im lead to believe next delivery dates are late August early September for my M3P

So probably the same for most of us
I had the same phone call with an update today. Apparently it is linked to autopilot/EAP. I'm still not convinced, surely they are just running the same software our current cars are?

Has put a bit of a dampener on the whole experience really.

Well I find petty that they're not including those console trays for instance. Same for wheel locks which are standard with every carmaker (yes, fewer alloys thefts nowadays but still...). For the MY the lack of parcel shelf where there is no OEM and you have to resort to 3rd party sellers is quite ridiculous as well.

I had the same phone call with an update today. Apparently it is linked to autopilot/EAP. I'm still not convinced, surely they are just running the same software our current cars are?

Has put a bit of a dampener on the whole experience really.
There is some real bullsh!t coming out of Tesla. Having reverted to choosing an inventory car, I was told today, a week after ordering it, that it might be another month before I can have it!! I asked how a car allegedly in their possession with <200 miles on the clock from new can take so long to prepare. She said she would need to speak with someone from Service and call me back. Alas, she never did.

Not only can they not supply new cars, they cannot supply 'used'.

Reactions: Chickenlips
Well I find petty that they're not including those console trays for instance. Same for wheel locks which are standard with every carmaker (yes, fewer alloys thefts nowadays but still...). For the MY the lack of parcel shelf where there is no OEM and you have to resort to 3rd party sellers is quite ridiculous as well.
You don’t need a parcel shelf in the Y, it’s literally pointless anyway

How come pointless? What about : aesthetics, road noise, safety (loose items crashing in the main cabin if strong braking/collision), or theft prevention (hiding items from prying eyes when parked) ?
There’s storage under the floor that is huge, plus a thin bit of material looks rubbish pulled across the boot and makes little difference to noise. I thought the Y was no more noisy than 3

There’s storage under the floor that is huge, plus a thin bit of material looks rubbish pulled across the boot and makes little difference to noise. I thought the Y was no more noisy than 3
I've been told that also: the gap under the front seats is huge so a storage bin accessory is recommended to prevent loose items you might store there from rolling behind the pedals... BS or would be a legitimate thing (safety first)?
What about theft/privacy and projectile concerns? YMMV but I've always had the use for a parcel shelf with all my hatchbacks/estates (and I never had to but them separately)

There is some real bullsh!t coming out of Tesla. Having reverted to choosing an inventory car, I was told today, a week after ordering it, that it might be another month before I can have it!! I asked how a car allegedly in their possession with <200 miles on the clock from new can take so long to prepare. She said she would need to speak with someone from Service and call me back. Alas, she never did.

Not only can they not supply new cars, they cannot supply 'used'.
Yeah I don't know what they are playing at. I have paid for my car and they won't give it to me. Seems very odd. I wish they hadn't made me cancel my original order as I would just cancel this purchase if I could.

Yeah I don't know what they are playing at. I have paid for my car and they won't give it to me. Seems very odd. I wish they hadn't made me cancel my original order as I would just cancel this purchase if I could.
Would it be possible it's a demo/showroom model and they pressed the sale / churn trigger a bit too quick, believing the new one would arrive in a few weeks, but now we know that no ships have left Shanghai, they need to hold on to it a little while longer so they don't have an empty store? :D

Would it be possible it's a demo/showroom model and they pressed the sale / churn trigger a bit too quick, believing the new one would arrive in a few weeks, but now we know that no ships have left Shanghai, they need to hold on to it a little while longer so they don't have an empty store? :D
This is more plausible than navigation update 😂 we just want some kids to climb all over it for a few more weeks

Yeah this is what worries me. If anyone is near Tesla Park Royal keep an eye out for me :rolleyes:

Tesla just called me to make sure:
  • I'm definitely able to take delivery between 17th-30th June (yup)
  • Finance is confirmed as being in place (yup)
  • The finance provider should request that an invoice is created (sent Forza an email, and they requested just in case)
This all seems like a load of claptrap to me because when I asked what my VIN was they couldn't tell me, and they were expecting to be matching in the next two weeks. The finance won't pay until there's a VIN, obviously, so I've no idea why I got the call. Searching the account page for "LRW" results in "Not Found" so there's no hidden VIN for me yet either.

🤷‍♂️

Still, the chap on the phone didn't half sound confident in the EDD, which is more than I am !
Sounds optimistic but likely that Tesla are using the time to do some housekeeping making sure that all items are attended to, to ensure that there are no delays as and when cars land. Keep checking for VIN allocation. If a ship does leave Shanghai for UK in the coming says it would mean that deliveries would be condensed into latter end of June.

View attachment 805479

View attachment 805480

heey DanielSon good to see you!

The car nope not yet! 😥 Still waiting :(

All my accessories I still have tormenting me!

Thanks for the pics, they're identical to the ones I ordered ! They look awesome!

Nice one! the actual plastic one for the back of the lid looks great to! yep win with the purchase :)