Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just had a call off Zen giving me an update as it was supposed to be May. They are saying that the car will likely be July/August now.
In regards to your collection in Stained, I was under the impression that Zen delivered to your home? Is this not the case?
Ahhh sucks you have to wait. I was also under that impression but no, it’ll be a collection. I didn’t challenge the guys I spoke to at Zen as I’m happy to collect, it’ll provide an opportunity for a road trip / initial drive, charge etc.

I have no idea where in Staines I need to collect so hoping that’ll be come clear closer to the time

Ah, thanks. That would suck a bit. I got a good quote from Admiral for insurance but their quote expires next week. They say they need REG to start the insurance and they apparently need to restart the quote process all over again if I miss the deadline :s
I was able to 'save' the quote without the reg, and just update them with it once I had it - This was with Churchill.The policy wouldn't be able to start without it of course, but if you do it in advance you should have a window in which to supply it to them.

Reactions: tslmy
Inventory will be at current price too ... and may well bundle EAP ... so folk may have to stump up for both those in order to secure Inventory, or wait and get the original price.

Hahaha .... I wonder what they are planning to do, don't suppose you asked them? :)

I've collected cars that were on a transporter 30 minutes before. They had run it through a pressure washer - or maybe just chucked a bucket of water over it - the windows came up wet when I wound them down and back up - but I doubt they did anything else ... at least they didn't attempt to clean it with a dry rag after a sandstorm ...
Unfortunately I didn’t ask.

Blimey, why do they even bother, rather have it dirty then them attempt to botch it

I'm due to collect my stock inventory MY in a couple of weeks from Southampton.

I've done some digging of the car using the details on tesla-info.com where it came on the MORNING CARINA docking (according to old posts by Mr. M) on 15th/16th March.

Clearly the car was for someone else but I'm wondering why it has been sitting in Southampton docks for over 2 months (odometer is 8 miles) before it was listed for sale?

Surely if the customer didn't pay the final invoice then they would turn around the car for resale very quickly wouldn't they?

So what do people think has happened? Could it be the original buyer rejected it on collection due to a fault or damage? Or it was damaged on the ship and Tesla themselves took it for repairs?

I'll ask them if they know the history when I go to collect but has anyone got any other things I should consider. I certainly don't want to end up with a turkey! Cheers

Reactions: guicane
I'm due to collect my stock inventory MY in a couple of weeks from Southampton.

I've done some digging of the car using the details on tesla-info.com where it came on the MORNING CARINA docking (according to old posts by Mr. M) on 15th/16th March.

Clearly the car was for someone else but I'm wondering why it has been sitting in Southampton docks for over 2 months (odometer is 8 miles) before it was listed for sale?

Surely if the customer didn't pay the final invoice then they would turn around the car for resale very quickly wouldn't they?

So what do people think has happened? Could it be the original buyer rejected it on collection due to a fault or damage? Or it was damaged on the ship and Tesla themselves took it for repairs?

I'll ask them if they know the history when I go to collect but has anyone got any other things I should consider. I certainly don't want to end up with a turkey! Cheers
Damage I would think, given the time it takes for parts

Reactions: macray76 and Utumno
Same here, I was trying to get in early on insurance, and wanted a reg plate for that... They sent me my VIN, but no plate.

I managed to secure a Churchill quote for around £550 for 30 days so should be be ok to wait a couple of weeks for a plate. Wasn't able to get cheaper than that unfortuantely. I will not complain though!
Churchill have always been the best for me for quotes also, don’t have reg yet but tried my dads Model Y as a test run and got £620

Reactions: Snowy77
Ahhh sucks you have to wait. I was also under that impression but no, it’ll be a collection. I didn’t challenge the guys I spoke to at Zen as I’m happy to collect, it’ll provide an opportunity for a road trip / initial drive, charge etc.

I have no idea where in Staines I need to collect so hoping that’ll be come clear closer to the time
I’m the same as you. Called Tesla and confirmed a collection in Staines on the 29th. Zen haven’t told me anything yet.
All very odd.