Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do Tesla only deliver the last month of each quarter.

As per earlier answer its from the middle-of-2nd month of Quarter onwards.

Towards end of a quarter Tesla manufacture for local market - to deliver and convert cars to completed-sale before end of Quarter - to keep Wall Street happy.

Lets assume that 7 days before end of quarter is "too late" for that, so they start making cars for other markets. at that point then at that/some point they start making batches of cars for UK market.

Its 30 days on a boat from Shanghai - so for middle of 2nd month handover the boat has to leave by 14th of Month-1. Actually a bit earlier than that because some time is needed to get the car off the boat and to the handover location. And some time to make enough cars for a boat and get them to port and loaded on the boat.

And then Shanghai have to stop making cars for UK by about 20th of Month-2 - in order to get them to UK, and handover completed, by end of Month-3

But ... deliveries from Berlin factory in Germany will start towards the end of the year. That will have a shorter travel time, and they won't have to make thousands for a whole-boat-load, so by then I would expect cars to be available from middle of Month-1 to end of Month-3 in the Quarter and to come in a more steady-stream than huge batches.

Reactions: Daedalus
Today i had a conversation with a tesla

Eventually we had a honest discussion regarding my orders

They expected 20k of cars for Q2 and they are actually receiving aprox 5k so already 15k behind for Q3 no more delivery scheduled before end of August start of September

I have numerous orders and none will be delivered untill early September

This was direct from a very high level after my concerns were driven up the chain

Reactions: Daedalus

They expected 20k of cars for Q2 and they are actually receiving aprox 5k so already 15k behind for Q3 no more delivery scheduled before end of August start of September

This was direct from a very high level after my concerns were driven up the chain
That’s 1 ship. RCC Europe is the only one coming to the UK.

Yet some people have been reporting China are planning to produce export cars in every month of q3, a break in tradition. Saw us reported on YouTube last night.

Who knows if this is true. The 15k backlog will take 10-14 days to clear, that’s with no more supply chain or workforce interruptions, so maybe it is true.

It means the first cars may come early to mid August.

Yet some people have been reporting China are planning to produce export cars in every month of q3, a break in tradition. Saw us reported on YouTube last night.

Who knows if this is true. The 15k backlog will take 10-14 days to clear, that’s with no more supply chain or workforce interruptions, so maybe it is true.

They will only clear a backlog if they produce higher than forecast otherwise it’s just moving the backlog on. It could take a few months to produce the extra. Berlin taking longer to ramp up than expected is no doubt adding to the backlog as well.

Reactions: Mrklaw

Well they’ve told corporate orders July/Aug. Knowing Tesla they probably just passed you to a different person who said they were senior and just made something up.

It makes no sense for Tesla to make F all deliveries in June and nothing until September

Last edited:

This refers to the uk the backlog also effectively is Europe wide so Q3 may well run ino 2023 Q4 is my understanding

Well they’ve told corporate orders July/Aug. Knowing Tesla they probably just passed you to a different person who said they were senior and just made something up.

It makes no sense for Tesla to make F all deliveries in July and nothing until September
There is no reason to tell me this ss the order value is close to 1 million on our fleet orders my own cars are .25 million so no i think what we have been told makes sense