Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they text it or did you find it on your account Ben.
It was an SMS - however 5mins before the SMS I received a call from the Tesla delivery team (American lady actually) saying my collection time was unavailable now, apologised and pushed me back 1 hour later.

I received an SMS to confirm the new time, 5 mins after, another SMS with my Reg plate.

It isn't showing that in my account yet. I am leasing so I expect this order has been taken over my ALD. Once they have processed it, I expect it will update something in my account.

It was an SMS - however 5mins before the SMS I received a call from the Tesla delivery team (American lady actually) saying my collection time was unavailable now, apologised and pushed me back 1 hour later.

I received an SMS to confirm the new time, 5 mins after, another SMS with my Reg plate.

It isn't showing that in my account yet. I am leasing so I expect this order has been taken over my ALD. Once they have processed it, I expect it will update something in my account.
Yea - our orders don't show the details that I've had by text either. When I spoke with ALD this morning they said Tesla had at that time not yet provided the reg numbers - I guess all that has changed now so we should hear something from ALD regarding payment and agreement signing pretty soon :)

Reactions: bp1000
Yea - our orders don't show the details that I've had by text either. When I spoke with ALD this morning they said Tesla had at that time not yet provided the reg numbers - I guess all that has changed now so we should hear something from ALD regarding payment and agreement signing pretty soon :)
Do you happen to know how ALD take the advanced payment / set up DD ?

I Know it says it on the quote journey (if you use the digital portal) but I wondered if they email you a form to complete?

(Asking as my finance quote is Tesla sales staff generated and doesn't link into my online order) No worries if not

Do you happen to know how ALD take the advanced payment / set up DD ?

I Know it says it on the quote journey (if you use the digital portal) but I wondered if they email you a form to complete?

(Asking as my finance quote is Tesla sales staff generated and doesn't link into my online order) No worries if not
I don't I'm afraid but had assumed they would email a link to the online portal or at least to the documents that need completing - I guess we'll both find out very soon ;)

Reactions: bp1000
Just wondering, regarding people who were only offered collections for 29th / 30th of June and knew in advance that they wouldn't be able to make it. What's stopping you from booking the delivery slot anyway, and then do a no-show?
Because Tesla will be unable to reassign the vin in just a few hours, you could then call them back on 1st of July and reschedule, as they will have missed Q2 anyway... Or am I evil?
I think when you comitted to collect and paid the money , the car also will be registered to your name. So Tesla has already realised the revenue as the car registered by 30th and all been paid up. So should delay of collection by a couple of days matters ?

I think when you comitted to collect and paid the money , the car also will be registered to your name. So Tesla has already realised the revenue as the car registered by 30th and all been paid up. So should delay of collection by a couple of days matters ?
Revenue recognition rules dictate that the vehicle must have been delivered to enable Tesla to recognise the sale, if it hasn’t then the cash will be there (don’t think cash flow is an issue for Tesla!) but shown as deferred revenue in the accounts.

• Informative
Reactions: suresh.thomas@
My EDD is now showing a lowercase “august 17 - october 1”. That change from “August 17 - October 1”.

I need to get a life.

E26785BF-BB2A-425E-B135-431BF70A12AB.jpeg

My EDD is now showing a lowercase “august 17 - october 1”. That change from “August 17 - October 1”.

I need to get a life.

View attachment 816339
If you refresh - it will be back to Title case 😂
I am sure the dev team at Tesla are watching us and laughing. I can imagine their scrum meetings each day, “Right, let’s make a subtle change this morning and see how quick they notice” Imagine all the time we will recoup once we actually get our car!