Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is a lot of number plates to put on - got to bring a spirit level as part of the checks then šŸ¤£ā€¦ how do I make a request for NO WIPE DOWN pleaseā€¦ imagine being the 100th with a dirty rag running over the paintworkā€¦. Does anyone know why this doesnā€™t happen to, say, BMW? Is it because it is delivered in the 2s to 6s to individual dealerships? A matter of Volume.
I tried replying the the text with a request to not clean the car, but received a response saying it would not be possible to single out my car

I tried replying the the text with a request to not clean the car, but received a response saying it would not be possible to single out my car
Thereā€™s nothing quite like great customer service.

And thatā€™s nothing like great customer service! šŸ˜‚

It is like joining a bloody cult, weā€™re paying through the nose for this treatment. Whilst it works as long as supply and demand is this way, presumably at some point this company is going to have to grow up!

May I request some information from you who have been so assiduous in your ship tracking
endeavours please?

At present I am down for MY collection on 29th at 2:00 pm at Staines.

So, can you, from this, tell me the name of my ship and when she will dock/ off load?
Thank you

Ship - RCC Europe and its currently unloading in Southampton docks.

There are two ships; RCC Europe which has just arrived at Southampton and Morning Peace due to arrive on th 29th, so from my non shipping expert position, I would say your treasure rainbow points towards RCC Europe. Enjoy!
I am sensing a rock and a hard place (never good when ships are involved). RRC sounds too early and Morning Peace ( a prophetic name for the carrier of our long anticipated cars, sounds a bit 12th hour; unload, onto the trailer, up to Stains, quick rub over with a dusty cloth and ....

...."Welcome to your Model Y Sir..........Oh dear!....What colour did you order then?

Now then....SWMBO says " Morning peace! Chance would be a fine thing but is hardly likely before you have checked and sorted your swirls".

I am sensing a rock and a hard place (never good when ships are involved). RRC sounds too early and Morning Peace ( a prophetic name for the carrier of our long anticipated cars, sounds a bit 12th hour; unload, onto the trailer, up to Stains, quick rub over with a dusty cloth and ....

...."Welcome to your Model Y Sir..........Oh dear!....What colour did you order then?

Now then....SWMBO says " Morning peace! Chance would be a fine thing but is hardly likely before you have checked and sorted your swirls".
The latest post in the shipping thread is someone whoā€™s Southampton collection on the 30th is being moved later in the day, as theyve been told by Tesla the ship is only arriving the same day.

On this basis you will be collecting from the Solent on 29th if itā€™s on Morning Peace.
Best of luck!

The latest post in the shipping thread is someone whoā€™s Southampton collection on the 30th is being moved later in the day, as theyve been told by Tesla the ship is only arriving the same day.

On this basis you will be collecting from the Solent on 29th if itā€™s on Morning Peace.
Best of luck!
In their defence, the sa doesn't really know much on what is going on. They from what I gather, they don't have any information on shipping movement. In the words of a couple I've talked to 'the forum you're a member of, probably knows more than we do'

Reactions: Toblerone
That is a lot of number plates to put on - got to bring a spirit level as part of the checks then šŸ¤£ā€¦ how do I make a request for NO WIPE DOWN pleaseā€¦ imagine being the 100th with a dirty rag running over the paintworkā€¦. Does anyone know why this doesnā€™t happen to, say, BMW? Is it because it is delivered in the 2s to 6s to individual dealerships? A matter of Volume.
This was from a guy on a fb group when he picked his car up šŸ™ˆšŸ˜‚

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220618-093817_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220618-093817_WhatsApp.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 80

Best of luck!
That guy would be me!! šŸ˜Ž

I was told that they are not to deliver cars (Southampton) before 2pm. I was previously scheduled for 1pm. So - I was offered 2pm and took it (of course!)

And FYI. He said: anytime between 2pm to 9pm!!!! Or a delivery to your home!! I live in London and did not get a delivery option. Nor would I want one now. Back in March, a mate of mine had his MY delivered at 11pmā€¦ the driver dropped it off and walked awayā€¦ didnā€™t even check his ID!!

Luxury car you say?? šŸ¤£

Reactions: Toblerone
Hi all!

Due to receive my first Tesla this Friday 24th, MYLR Black, 20ins Black through third party lease.
My question is, I know I need to get the lease company to add me as a driver to use the App as I wonā€™t be the legal owner but my wife will also be driving the car, so do I need to get the lease company to also add her so she can create her own Tesla account for the app? Would appreciate to know what others have done in this situation? Thanks!

When did you get your vin and such?

I received mine in the first batch of vins and was only ever offered the 28-30th. So I'm inclined to believe RCC Europe but wonder if it is just scheduling all the cars around the country/transporter availability. I know some others have a Glasgow pickup the week before.
Yes Its logistics..these are big items thousands of vehicles unloaded from ship and transportation around country takes organisation and planning over a compressed time period...once they arrive in Southhampton unfortunately they don't magically appear at their final destination and Tesla will be reliant on 3rd party operators who will have capacity constraints . Try to relax and look forward to your car now you have a confirmed slot. You will soon be enjoying your new toy!