Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tbh, I don't know how the sa knows. All I know is the some of the peeps that had their cars today have had parcel shelves. I know mine is possibly on a different ship etc. I honestly aren't fussed about getting one, we have 2 in the cupboard from the kids cars lol. It will probably join them.
I have forsaken the Shipping thread. A nice Tesla guy called just now in response to my email seeking invoice assistance which was sorted admirably.

We went on to speak about getting the cars with 29June Delivery Dates to their locations. He opined that the ship, (he did not know the name- curios)
will be docking late on 28th or small hours of 29th and will begin unloading and distributing to trucks through the night. I asked where/when the swirls
would be applied (well... more tactfully than that). He thought that the checking and prepping would take place at both the docks and the POP.

So roll off the 29th:)

Reactions: Kingpopsy
I have forsaken the Shipping thread. A nice Tesla guy called just now in response to my email seeking invoice assistance which was sorted admirably.

We went on to speak about getting the cars with 29June Delivery Dates to their locations. He opined that the ship, (he did not know the name- curios)
will be docking late on 28th or small hours of 29th and will begin unloading and distributing to trucks through the night. I asked where/when the swirls
would be applied (well... more tactfully than that). He thought that the checking and prepping would take place at both the docks and the POP.

So roll off the 29th:)
Actually, I phoned earlier about said final invoice. I could hear him tapping away at the keys of his pc constructing an email to the correct team. I should have it in my account within 24 hours. I did actually get a text after telling me to get ready for my car

Reactions: Wattsisname
I'm leasing, and the lease company has provided the RN number to me. This morning Tesla have confirmed that a car has been assigned to the order and is due for delivery towards the end of June. That seems to line up with the Morning Peace expectations...
Which lease company was this? I’m also leasing (from Lex) and have the RN, but no dates yet despite ordering in March for delivery in May!

:oops:Actually, I phoned earlier about said final invoice. I could hear him tapping away at the keys of his pc constructing an email to the correct team. I should have it in my account within 24 hours. I did actually get a text after telling me to get ready for my car
I have not received the get ready for your car message, but my the app shows the payment required at zero. I have sent them proof of payment and will take a copy with me. Oh, light bulb moment:oops: I must also take proof of motor insurance....

The nice guy at Tesla estimated that about 60% of purchasers who had, at the outset, hoped for a June delivery, have been disappointed. Such was the impact of the Shanghai Lockdown (good name for a movie) and that we happy few have just been very lucky.

Now then......SWMBO said that "... they might have taken your D.O.B. into account and then taken pity......"

• Funny
Reactions: Kingpopsy and WllXM
V good collection experience at Southampton today (had v low expectations). The car was clean and no issues at all except a few bubbles in the PPF on the rear doors. Pointed it out and they took the film off and reapplied within 5 mins. Sure it’s been covered here but there is a parcel shelf and mobile connector.
🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈 Huzzah!
I thought of 99 Red Baloons but faded.....

Thank you! Is this done on collection day or before? - Also, are you still going for home delivery? It would have been good to see you at Trafford.
Yes mate it would, Tesla rang me and offered a free delivery service to my home address so I accepted so no need to travel to Manchester on 30th.

As far as I can remember you need the code from your V5C but will probably have to wait for that coming through first.

I will stand corrected on brand new cars but it's a five minute online job on the DVLA website once you get the V5.:)

Yes mate it would, Tesla rang me and offered a free delivery service to my home address so I accepted so no need to travel to Manchester on 30th.

As far as I can remember you need the code from your V5C but will probably have to wait for that coming through first.

I will stand corrected on brand new cars but it's a five minute online job on the DVLA website once you get the V5.:)
ahhh ok, great that you can avoid the journey to Manchester - So we will only get the V5 after collection - Is it quite normal to drive a brand new car without road tax / or am I completely missing something 😁