Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V5s are currently taking a week to arrive. You cannot put a private plate on until it arrives as you need the document reference number, there is no other way.
At least we all have a Certificate of insurance for any imminent collections. I had to chase and then enjoy hearing about the benefits of combining my building, household and motor insurance.......... all going well until I spoke of PPF for house! To be fair, the C of I arrived within the hour.
Now then ....SWMBO said " PPF the house? Don't be daft....... Ceramic Coating ....maybe"

• Funny
Reactions: ean36t
@Snowy77 post if you’re ok :)
Sorry all! yesterday was frantic, and got in really late so zonked..

All I can say is that it was a fabulous day. As it happened found the Bluewater collection point!

1656065250101.png

lots of cars waiting for new owners!

1656065541038.png

My eagle eyed daughter was the first to spot her!

1656065626788.png

Brilliant, super happy.

1656065714512.png

But of course the moment we'd been waiting for ....

1656065790098.png

But I'm super happy - any worries or doubts have been eroded.

No panel gaps, everything working as intended. NEW rear light cluster, Ryzen... etc etc etc I had my secret hopes, but to be fair they pulled it out the hat for me. I tip my cap to Shanghai they pulled it off. Charge state was 51% and mileage was sitting at 7.

I stuck on a supercharger at the collection point to test charging, and all checked out.

Talking of which.. Granny charger came with the car plus cable

1656066682822.png

Got home, connected to wifi without issue, set up phone key without issue, sound system is great, fart noises are great, the navigation system is superb, and AP is a game changer.

I'm super pleased, hasn't quite sunk in yet, I keep thinking I need to hand her back..

Cheers!

🍻

Attachments

• 1656066532782.png
    1656066532782.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 1656066544922.png
    1656066544922.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 47

All I can say is that it was a fabulous day. As it happened found the Bluewater collection point!

View attachment 820378

View attachment 820379

View attachment 820380

Brilliant, super happy.

View attachment 820381

View attachment 820382

No panel gaps, everything working as intended. NEW rear light cluster, Ryzen... etc etc etc I had my secret hopes, but to be fair they pulled it out the hat for me. I tip my cap to Shanghai they pulled it off. Charge state was 51% and mileage was sitting at 7.

I stuck on a supercharger at the collection point to test charging, and all checked out.

View attachment 820387

Got home, connected to wifi without issue, set up phone key without issue, sound system is great, fart noises are great, the navigation system is superb, and AP is a game changer.

I'm super pleased, hasn't quite sunk in yet, I keep thinking I need to hand her back..

Cheers!

🍻
Good stuff snowy. You've been in the trenches for ages. Car looks cracking. Enjoy

• Love
Reactions: Frizzy and Snowy77
Yeah, I guess someone could be caught in the odd automated FPN situation upon getting their brand new car delivered while they are in the process of registering it locally.

But I guess common sense should prevail and I assume getting out of a Clean-Air zone FPN when Make and Model will say 'TESLA' shouldn't be too difficult to challenge and successfully get turned over...
"common sense"??... hehehe... are we talking about the same English Councils??...

View attachment 820378

View attachment 820379

View attachment 820380

Brilliant, super happy.

View attachment 820381

View attachment 820382

View attachment 820387

Cheers!

🍻
Congrats... awaiting my turn...

Question - how long did it take before the car registered with your Tesla account?

First Tesla for me - so I assume you have to enter your email/password (Tesla account) when you get in for the first time... and it will not 'connect' until a couple of hours later, so you start driving with the key card first and sort out the iPhone stuff when you get home?? Also - how many miles before calibration and ability to use AP?... and with Spotify etc... I suppose you have to wait for the 'cellular' to connect? We get 30days free, so how do we continue the sub? off to ensure that the correct credit card is in my app for that first supercharge! so many questions... guess I'll find out myself in a week!

Reactions: Snowy77
Looks great! Panels look tight and the door shut lines look perfect.

For some reason I thought they were supposed to fit mud flaps to the front arches as part of the delivery process, but maybe that's either optional or customer fit now ?

Yes sorry, the front ones are fitted - but there is an extra set in the frunk which I am guessing are for the rear - I wasn't aware they came with the car and thought you had to purchase separate if needed.

Congrats... awaiting my turn...

Question - how long did it take before the car registered with your Tesla account?

First Tesla for me - so I assume you have to enter your email/password (Tesla account) when you get in for the first time... and it will not 'connect' until a couple of hours later, so you start driving with the key card first and sort out the iPhone stuff when you get home?? Also - how many miles before calibration and ability to use AP?... and with Spotify etc... I suppose you have to wait for the 'cellular' to connect? We get 30days free, so how do we continue the sub? off to ensure that the correct credit card is in my app for that first supercharge! so many questions... guess I'll find out myself in a week!
When I signed the ipad they had, my phone app lit up within 30 seconds or so. My app just showed VIN and delivery date before that, but as soon as it clicked in and the rep 'pushed their button' I had full functionality right away - had the rep next to me so it was quick. I had full car control at that point.

I did not set up phone key until I got home. I can't remember where I read it but someone suggested to get it on wifi and let it update.. then take time to set up phone key etc. It turned out to be good advice as that is what helped Spotify.

The AP calibration took about 15 mins on the way home, but I realised that auto steer wasn't enabled by default. Adaptive cruise control worked ok, but AP wasn't available until I got home and found where to enable it, and in my own time I just took things slowly and worked my way through the menus. It's easy overloading on youtube videos, but, when you have time to play it all clicks in place. Spotify for me came once connected to wifi and post update, before it asked for my spotify account, but after the car updated I got a secondary option to use 'Tesla account', worked flawlessly.

Looks like my premium expires in 1 month, but in my account app it gives me an option to subscribe. I won't bother until nearer the date though. My card details were already on as default payment on my account, so the supercharger just... worked.. it was pleasantly so simple to plug in and it just worked.

No problems for the questions, it's all very fresh in my mind so happy to help :)

When I signed the ipad they had, my phone app lit up within 30 seconds or so. My app just showed VIN and delivery date before that, but as soon as it clicked in and the rep 'pushed their button' I had full functionality right away - had the rep next to me so it was quick. I had full car control at that point.

I did not set up phone key until I got home. I can't remember where I read it but someone suggested to get it on wifi and let it update.. then take time to set up phone key etc. It turned out to be good advice as that is what helped Spotify.

The AP calibration took about 15 mins on the way home, but I realised that auto steer wasn't enabled by default. Adaptive cruise control worked ok, but AP wasn't available until I got home, and in my own time, just took things slowly and worked my way through the menus. It's easy overloading on youtube videos, but, when you have time to play it all clicks in place. Spotify for me came once connected to wifi and post update, before it asked for my spotify account, but after the car updated I got a secondary option to use 'Tesla account', worked flawlessly.

Looks like my premium expires in 1 month, but in my account app it gives me an option to subscribe. I won't bother until nearer the date though. My card details were already on as default payment on my account, so the supercharger just... worked.. it was pleasantly so simple to plug in and it just worked.

No problems for the questions, it's all very fresh in my mind so happy to help :)
THANK YOU!!.. really appreciate it.... have got the WiFi pointed towards the parking spot in anticipation already!!!! 30Jun.

The AP calibration took about 15 mins on the way home, but I realised that auto steer wasn't enabled by default. Adaptive cruise control worked ok, but AP wasn't available until I got home and found where to enable it, and in my own time I just took things slowly and worked my way through the menus. It's easy overloading on youtube videos, but, when you have time to play it all clicks in place. Spotify for me came once connected to wifi and post update, before it asked for my spotify account, but after the car updated I got a secondary option to use 'Tesla account', worked flawlessly.

Excellent run through -thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
Yes sorry, the front ones are fitted - but there is an extra set in the frunk which I am guessing are for the rear - I wasn't aware they came with the car and thought you had to purchase separate if needed.
I booked mine in for rear mud flaps to be fitted, but they didn't do it - said they're only for snow and they'll fall off on speed bumps, so a waste of time. Waste of time for me too as it's 40 miles each way to my nearest SC! Mobile service is good though (I needed it when my card reader failed).

HELP! I need to buy wheel nut (Lug nut) covers for naked 19' Geminis.The beautiful Tesla Set with the centre hub cover have been out of stock since God was boy. (I hear he chooses to be female of late - and quite right too - agree - I woke up).

Anyway, I have the Hub Covers but when I look on line for the nut cover sets (I prefer the silver) I find them offered by nut diameter rather than wheel model. Surprise, surprise; other cars also use wheel nut covers - who new?
So, can anyone tell me the nut cover size I should order fo myMY?

Thank you.

View attachment 820378

View attachment 820379

View attachment 820380

Brilliant, super happy.

View attachment 820381

View attachment 820382

View attachment 820387

Cheers!

🍻
Brilliant. Here's hoping they haven't sent Gritty Sponge 1.0 to Staines....

Under 24 hours to collection.

<everything intensifies>

Hi all,

I am a bit late as I collected on Tuesday morning, I was enjoying the car for 2 days!

Anybody worried about the build quality needn't be. the paintwork on mine is spot on - not a mark! I have cleaned and polished every inch yesterday and I'm very impressed.

Also - mine came with a set of mud flaps in the boot - not sure if that's normal or not

View attachment 820369
View attachment 820368
View attachment 820366
View attachment 820365
View attachment 820364
Looks fantastic.

Thanks for posting these. I’m waiting for MYLR in red and black next Friday. Lovely to see roughly what it will look like (noting this Is a Performance I think, and a highly polished Performance at that!).

THANK YOU!!.. really appreciate it.... have got the WiFi pointed towards the parking spot in anticipation already!!!! 30Jun.
to add to Snowy, you can also easily set up the phone to act as car key direct from your phone app as long as Bluetooth settings are enabled (you don't need wifi). You will just also need one of the key cards to place directly in front of the centre console storage box...it takes 30 seconds only and your phone app and car are then fully connected.
  1. While sitting inside the vehicle with a key card handy, open the Tesla mobile app and touch Set Up Phone Key on the main screen, or navigate to Security > Set Up Phone Key. Follow the prompts on the mobile app and vehicle touchscreen to set up your phone key.