Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No! Did you not hear that our cars are pre lockdown and been enjoying their suspended animation by the seaside just like my granny in a deck chair. So, don't you go expecting fancy parcel shelves......

Now then..... before I am jumped upon by a self styed therapist....all the above is my first joke of the day.
Our cars will be pristine and parcel shelf replete.

If not, Elon will, in his Prime, have have Jeff deliver them ( later but within-spec).

Q. What is in that parcel from Amazon?
A. A parcel shelf.
Q. I don't care where you put it, what's in it?
A. Officer, let me explain......
SWMBO says" Another fine mess you got us in Olly"
Tbh, the parcel Shelf will probably be in the shed after the first week.

Well if I can pass on my knowledge and findings I can assure you will love the Tesla, I have had enough time now with my current 2018 Model S to know buying a second Tesla is as much cost saving (once you have purchased the car) then the absolute pleasure of driving the thing.

The sheer delight / thrill of driving these cars is second to none.

My only advise is plan for longer runs and let the car tell you when and where you need to charge, that way there's no anxiety or stress reaching your destinations. My usual stop at Rugby Services at 2.00am in the morning, Place to myself p
What a gorgeous creature....the S!!

It was a pre face list S which captured my mind, and heart in 2015 at a Beaune Tesla Charger... actually, there were four MSs!
A sight to behold; beautiful!

So began the journey I vowed to make....
culminating in collecting myMy on 29th.
Of course, with the perspicacity to have invested in 2015( and sold last autumn )I would now have the problem of choosing which car and colour would best suit SWMBO's outfit today.

Now then... SWBO replied " Today will be the Pink S LR."
So, thank goodness I did not risk it; imagine, a pink MS.
(actually it might have been nice if I had even considered it)🥲
But, like EDDs investment move in two direction, and just now they have all gone south for the summer.

Hi all,

I am a bit late as I collected on Tuesday morning, I was enjoying the car for 2 days!

Anybody worried about the build quality needn't be. the paintwork on mine is spot on - not a mark! I have cleaned and polished every inch yesterday and I'm very impressed.

Also - mine came with a set of mud flaps in the boot - not sure if that's normal or not

IMG_1809.jpeg

IMG_1811.jpeg

IMG_1810.jpeg

IMG_1812.jpeg

IMG_1813.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpeg
    IMG_1811.jpeg
    683.1 KB · Views: 34
Hi all,

I am a bit late as I collected on Tuesday morning, I was enjoying the car for 2 days!

Anybody worried about the build quality needn't be. the paintwork on mine is spot on - not a mark! I have cleaned and polished every inch yesterday and I'm very impressed.

Also - mine came with a set of mud flaps in the boot - not sure if that's normal or not

View attachment 820369
View attachment 820368
View attachment 820366
View attachment 820365
View attachment 820364
Car looks cracking 👌

Reactions: Millenium101
Hi all,

View attachment 820369
View attachment 820368
View attachment 820366
View attachment 820365
View attachment 820364
Looks beautiful mate.❤️

Hi all,

View attachment 820369
View attachment 820368
View attachment 820366
View attachment 820365
View attachment 820364
Fab!!! One week until mine…

Question: has anyone received their V5?? I’m asking (trying to work out the lead time) because I need to get my personal plate put on before my road trip (eurotunnel booking). Thanks!!

Fab!!! One week until mine…

Question: has anyone received their V5?? I’m asking (trying to work out the lead time) because I need to get my personal plate put on before my road trip (eurotunnel booking). Thanks!!
I get mine next week. I've heard they don't register the car until the pickup day, so you won't get the V5 on the day, it will be a while.
I've got a private plate to go on as well. I'm not sure how it works,because you sort out the plate online. Perhaps as long as the car is registered, you may be able to do it online and send in the retention 🤔

Well if I can pass on my knowledge and findings I can assure you will love the Tesla, I have had enough time now with my current 2018 Model S to know buying a second Tesla is as much cost saving (once you have purchased the car) then the absolute pleasure of driving the thing.

The sheer delight / thrill of driving these cars is second to none.

My only advise is plan for longer runs and let the car tell you when and where you need to charge, that way there's no anxiety or stress reaching your destinations. My usual stop at Rugby Services at 2.00am in the morning, Place to myself p
What a gorgeous creature....
It was an old school pre face list which captured my mind, and heart in 2015 at a Beaune Tesla Charger... actually, there were four MSs!
A sight to behold.

So began the journey I vowed to make....
culminating in collecting myMy on 29th. I did not expect it to take quite so long.

Of course, with the perspicacity to have invested in 2015( and sold last autumn )I would now have the insufferable oproblem of choosing which car and colour would best suit SWMBO's outfit today.

Now then... SWBO replied " Today will be the Pink S Plaid."
So, thank goodness I did not risk it; imagine, a pink MS. Plaid🤔
(actually it might have been nice if I had even considered investing in it)🥲

However, in common with EDDs, investments are bi directional! To wit most investments have gone South for the Summer.

We also, are heading southward but on terra firma. We look forward to a number Supercharger visits via Luxembourg, Baden Baden ( so good they named it twice) and Munich. Two nights at each and then a week at Bolzano. Hopefully, then a gentle wind back through France.
EDD, for road trip: 24th August. Actually no E required, we are booked for the Tunnel🥳. ( no bubble bursting mention of strike action please).

I hope we will have a new thread to post accounts of our after collection adventures and misadventures - let the latter be small.
My responses may be short for that thread because ( and SWMBO is confident of this ) I will have obeyed her threat based injunction to: GET A LIFE!

• Love
Reactions: busterboy
Hi all,

View attachment 820369
View attachment 820368
View attachment 820366
View attachment 820365
View attachment 820364
Looks great! Panels look tight and the door shut lines look perfect.

For some reason I thought they were supposed to fit mud flaps to the front arches as part of the delivery process, but maybe that's either optional or customer fit now ?

Hi all,

Looks great. Have you added a spoiler or is that standard?

Looks great! Panels look tight and the door shut lines look perfect.

For some reason I thought they were supposed to fit mud flaps to the front arches as part of the delivery process, but maybe that's either optional or customer fit now ?
They're doing it IKEA style in the boot now according to OP :D

For Q3, the cars will come with plate holders in the boot, 4 screws and a philips screwdriver and you'll have to put them yourself before driving off...

Car looks cracking 👌
It looks amazing. Have a wonderful time with it.
I get mine next week. I've heard they don't register the car until the pickup day, so you won't get the V5 on the day, it will be a while.
I've got a private plate to go on as well. I'm not sure how it works,because you sort out the plate online. Perhaps as long as the car is registered, you may be able to do it online and send in the retention
I believe I need V5 information for registering the car on my TFL account.
I shall investigate🧐

I've got a private plate to go on as well. I'm not sure how it works,because you sort out the plate online. Perhaps as long as the car is registered, you may be able to do it online and send in the retention 🤔
Thanks.

YES - the V5 will arrive in the post. I expect a week or two - which is normally ok but I'm fussing over driving to France last-minute now (ok ok - an excuse to drive the MY!!!....) as BA has cancelled our return flight...

How it works - easy: it's immediate (I've done it before). You go onto the DVLA site, and just reassign/ assign your private plate (you'll need your COE of your private plate and new V5) - this is done immediately!!... Then you (in my case, Admiral) go to your insurer's portal (site/ app) and change your registration plate (£10??)... all done on the desktop, no need to wait for anything. Now you can go outside and swap the number plates (I've got mine for the Tesla already; so - you can/ should order yours in advance)... new-new V5 with your new reg will arrive in a week, but in the meantime, don't think you need that anyway for driving as that document is kept at home and really only used for transfers...

'Slight Slight' complication on mine (maybe someone here can advice). I've got my personal plate on my current car - keeping car, not trading in. SO - instead of doing it as two-steps (removing plate off old car this week), I've decided to wait for the Tesla, then do it in one go with the DVLA -> MOVING plates from one car to another car (as opposed to moving personal plate to retention, then from retention to Tesla) - hope this makes sense???? My 'goal' is that this way (car -to- car), I don't have to pay DVLA twice????? Looking for advice here.

WORSE CASE of course - drive the '22' plate to France, deal with the number plate swap when I get back.... better plan I think: because I'll need to request for a Green Card... and will run out of time....

For Q4 the car will come in a large box marked "1 of 264" like those models you used to get with magazines back in the day that you'd need to collect and gradually build yourself. The final box will arrive just as the Model 2 launches.
It just means that the assembly process will occupy you to the extent that there will be no time for posting.
PS I have a piece of plastic for measuring panel gaps if you need it.

Thanks.

YES - the V5 will arrive in the post. I expect a week or two - which is normally ok but I'm fussing over driving to France last-minute now (ok ok - an excuse to drive the MY!!!....) as BA has cancelled our return flight...

How it works - easy: it's immediate (I've done it before). You go onto the DVLA site, and just reassign/ assign your private plate (you'll need your COE of your private plate and new V5) - this is done immediately!!... Then you (in my case, Admiral) go to your insurer's portal (site/ app) and change your registration plate (£10??)... all done on the desktop, no need to wait for anything. Now you can go outside and swap the number plates (I've got mine for the Tesla already; so - you can/ should order yours in advance)... new-new V5 with your new reg will arrive in a week, but in the meantime, don't think you need that anyway for driving as that document is kept at home and really only used for transfers...

'Slight Slight' complication on mine (maybe someone here can advice). I've got my personal plate on my current car - keeping car, not trading in. SO - instead of doing it as two-steps (removing plate off old car this week), I've decided to wait for the Tesla, then do it in one go with the DVLA -> MOVING plates from one car to another car (as opposed to moving personal plate to retention, then from retention to Tesla) - hope this makes sense???? My 'goal' is that this way (car -to- car), I don't have to pay DVLA twice????? Looking for advice here.

WORSE CASE of course - drive the '22' plate to France, deal with the number plate swap when I get back.... better plan I think: because I'll need to request for a Green Card... and will run out of time....
Technically you would need to wait for the 'new new' V5 to arrive by post so you can have it before driving off to France in case you are stopped there. - You are supposed to carry it with you when driving abroad -

So I guess the safest option would probably to do the transfer afterwards.