Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm collecting from Staines tomorrow lunchtime, unless someone else details out the experience beforehand I'll be happy to write it up and post once I'm home.
Brilliant! Good luck for tomorrow and if, during your emersion in the cloud of happiness post delivery, you find time to update us on the process, assuming it's self service, I would be for ever grateful........well at least until the evening of the 29th. :) Also your charge level on collection please..

PS If it's self service, maybe I'll pop another Tess in my trolley:rolleyes:

So, just received the latest Tesla Staines Delivery Hub SMS.

Main Points
1.The handover, which was going to be light touches is now going to be self service.
2. No guarantee of the charge level on delivery.

Did a member collect with 40% this week.
Got the same message!

Im a lease customer so still surprised I'm collecting, assumed all lease vehicles get delivered. Prefer to pick it up anyway, to be fair. Be nice having the drive home! Take it we'll just use our phones to gain access to our vehicles? Or will our 'keys' be posted to us prior to collection?

As long as the car is decent that's all that matters
Exactly!

Or we would be buy an Aundry who, despite so many years of incredible forward springing through technology, got sat on their hairy bottoms, almost overnight by Elon. I am still annoyed at the VAG Diesel Pollution scam.:mad: and for paying ULEZ on my X3.
Rant over.

I am cooking a John Dory (St Peter's fish for supper - a pricy fish and therefore a rare treat.) I am such a stickleback for keeping my contributions informative and relevant:rolleyes:

I got that also, hopefully don't have range anxiety on the way home from Southampton to Basingstoke.

The whole process of handover in a carpark makes me feel like i'm buying some budget 10K car form tradesales back in the day, certainly not up to the Audi standards, last one they covered it over and gave me a bottle of Champagne .

As long as the car is decent that's all that matters
While completely respecting your position on this, I absolutely hate having a palaver made and am entirely happy with waving my driving licence and poddling off to find my vehicle. Always horses for courses though!

Mine was 51% on pick up :)
Cool! Mine is being trailored from Staines to Cranliegh for a spa treat. They are very busy at present and so he will not be ready until 10:00 am on the 7th July🥲.
(I hope it's worth it).

But (uncharacteristically ) I digress........further off thread...

The point is that on pickup from her pamper, we have to dive to Bury St Edmunds via a stop at Cambridge. Not a corridor exactly bursting with superchargers, though Uxbridge would/could work; 43 miles (plus 10 for getting lost and not doing what SWMBO "suggests").

It all add's a frisson of adventure into the unknown....a bit like your first Uber ( in my case, also my last).

Will the spa use up much of her life source during the pampering? Maybe she could be tucked up next to a wall socket at night........

Got the same message!

Im a lease customer so still surprised I'm collecting, assumed all lease vehicles get delivered. Prefer to pick it up anyway, to be fair. Be nice having the drive home! Take it we'll just use our phones to gain access to our vehicles? Or will our 'keys' be posted to us prior to collection?
Yes. and No. I would think. But I will try to find time in my hectic, not a minute to myself, hyper active and supremely constructive life, to give you the lowdown when we get home on Wednesday. Hopefully by 8:30 PM. We are following her trailer to Cranleigh to see her into the spa.

Now then.... Stop Press for SWMBO revelation : " Please drop me at Heathrow on the way home, I have booked myself into a facility somewhere in the Caribbean - for a month. Please have a proper car waiting by the time of my return. ....maybe an Audi".

I am lost for words

• Funny
Reactions: Cappo11
Yes. and No. I would think. But I will try to find time in my hectic, not a minute to myself, hyper active and supremely constructive life, to give you the lowdown when we get home on Wednesday. Hopefully by 8:30 PM. We are following her trailer to Cranleigh to see her into the spa.

Now then.... Stop Press for SWMBO revelation : " Please drop me at Heathrow on the way home, I have booked myself into a facility somewhere in the Caribbean - for a month. Please have a proper car waiting by the time of my return. ....maybe an Audi".

I am lost for words
Vest, pants and PlayStation for a month? She’s doing you a favour 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Wattsisname
Absolutely in love with VaDA 😍

Attachments

• 456A844E-52B7-42F8-9ED2-65339A625081.jpeg
    456A844E-52B7-42F8-9ED2-65339A625081.jpeg
    738.4 KB · Views: 64
For Q4 the car will come in a large box marked "1 of 264" like those models you used to get with magazines back in the day that you'd need to collect and gradually build yourself. The final box will arrive just as the Model 2 launches.
I could just imagine a full size Tamiya R/C style box arriving at the front door, lifted off a low loader. You open the box and find you have to assemble it yourself off the sprues.

• Funny
Reactions: pault1981
Just to change the topic slightly (and to take my mind of the fact I still have to wait several months according to my EDD)
I would like to propose the topic of - Naming Your Car. :)

I have ordered a Blue MY/LR - and was going to name it 'Jarvis' until I found out that this is the second most common name for electric cars.
I have now decided on another name but was also interested in what names everyone else came up with...

And please don't tell me you are one of those people who never name a car - We all do at some point.. lol.

I'm looking for the most unique name! :) (And like I said, I have a name already --- 'Eva')

Now Your Turn.

Reactions: ND22
So, just received the latest Tesla Staines Delivery Hub SMS.

Main Points
1.The handover, which was going to be light touches is now going to be self service.
2. No guarantee of the charge level on delivery.

Did a member collect with 40% this week.
Same SMS for me, Pick up from Birmingham NEC on 28th. Looks like no contact, no charge, no turning back... As long as there is enough to get me to a plug point i'll survive.

Just to change the topic slightly (and to take my mind of the fact I still have to wait several months according to my EDD)

I have ordered a Blue MY/LR - and was going to name it 'Jarvis' until I found out that this is the second most common name for electric cars.
I have now decided on another name but was also interested in what names everyone else came up with...

And please don't tell me you are one of those people who never name a car - We all do at some point.. lol.

I'm looking for the most unique name! :) (And like I said, I have a name already --- 'Eva')

Now Your Turn.
Red Five. It's red and the fifth vehicle i've owned in 33 years of driving.

Now Your Turn.
Barry.

It’s White.

Now Your Turn.
Cars have got their own characters - wouldn't like to name mine until I've driven it and worked it out.

Reactions: S3XY T3SLA

Now Your Turn.
We are “cat people” so HE will be Toulouse the Tesla….

Could have been Wall-E but our robot vac already has that name….

Poor Victor the Volvo will have to head to the nursing home soon….

Now Your Turn.
Hogarth

Reactions: Wattsisname