Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question new delivery peeps, what version of software is on yours ? Mine is 2022.11.102 which is quite old, it’s been parked with strong signal and no updates …. Fairly chilled as I know it’ll arrive at some stage, just wondered what others experience had been.

Also just picked up this morning from local Detailer ….. what a job , it was good anyway but now it looks amazing, silky smooth and the pearl pops, he also recommended removing the plate holders and mounting plate to the mount directly, looks so much better.

Loving the car so much !

View attachment 823380View attachment 823382
How did you mount the plates direct, that looks so much better

Ours is on 2022.11.101.6. So even older than yours @Shmern
Version.jpg

So I placed my order on 18th June - Long way to go yet for me.
But I am confused on what happens now...

Sorry if this question is often asked, but the forum isnt quiet coming up with the answers to my searches, so I'd thought I would ask.

Tesla are asking me to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" - my EDD is not till Oct 16th to Nov 30th
a few questions:

1. Do I need to make my down payment now? (Im doing a tesla Loan and its quite a big sum of money im putting down)
2. I have not been allocated a VIN yet (I know im super early) how do I find out my VIN number? Is it quite obvious on the Tesla site?
3. When would it best to make this downpayment? As im unsure whether it would affect my EDD. Some are saying to wait for a VIN allocation, whereas some have said they made the downpayment as soon as possible which then brought forward their EDD.

Again, apologies if this has been asked before hand. So I appreciate some of you are repeating yourselves.
JOL1 above answered perfectly, but I can relay how I approached things.

1) Nothing happens on your account whilst you're waiting for a car. Waiting as in, waiting for a match to happen. You're under no obligation to make any payments. Your deposit and your signed initial documents etc secure you a vehicle. I didn't pay anything until I was matched with a VIN, and then it was dribs and drabs over a few weeks. First off because I'm paranoid, and I wanted to check the money I was sending chipped off the amount on my Tesla account. I think i did £10 initially, then a few hundred to make the total a nice divisible number, and when confident, blocks of £2500. It takes a few hours for the totals to change, but it works fine like this. I was worried about sending over £xx,xxx to some elaborate clone scam. PHEW! Sweat moment for sure the first time you block over a decent sum.

2) I was terrible at first for the crazy VIN routine. Then someone pointed me towards : Chrome Web Store
This takes the leg work out. You just activate the extension in Chrome, and log in to your account page. It'll scan for a VIN and make it clear to you if you have a match. Mine lit up during RCC Europes voyage, I thing she was on way to Singapore when it happened, so perhaps a day or two after setting off. It's why Mr Miserable and the Shipping thread is an insanely popular place to hang out. It gives you good intel on potential boat activity, and in most cases the intelligance gathered is sooner than Tesla cares to let on. When there's a boat, there's a chance! You'll always be exposed to the influx of VIN allocations, and if you think the boat matches some ballpark of your own EDD, it can get pretty intense.

3) Your car EDD is derived from order date and spec. Rumors circulate about making large down payments make your EDD quicker... The reality is, you're car is sort of cooking / simmering / baking for you when you put your order in. If something takes 2 hours to cook in the oven eyeballing it and throwing bundles of £20 notes at the oven door wont make it cook any quicker. Showy came out of production and allocated to me after others in the queue, and before others. I sincerely believe there's no more complicated a formula than that. There are certain specs that are done in batches, colours etc, and some people hit the jackpot with less popluar specs at the right time... but where do you draw the line between coinsidence and fortunate timing? The only sure way to get your car earlier than EDD is to snatch an orphaned / inventory vehicle. Doing so can incur extra cost, and possibly being flexible on specific spec. Other than that your EDD is your EDD unless some divine intervention happens. 3 weeks after I ordered in November for a March delivery, Tesla phoned me and offered me a car. I declined. It was due to the Q4 'rush' and someone just refused / declined / weren't able to take a car that matched mine, Tesla were trying to meet financials, and reaching out to see if anyone would take it. I had to decline to, and the car was further offered to another customer. I eventually got Snowy 6 months later. I bet the guy that took the call after me thought he'd won the Tesla lottery 😆

I'd stay optimistic. Every shipment has a slight chance of being favorable. If your EDD aligns, you're on. If not, and you're flexible, game is still on. Just have to be quick fingered - some jammy guys here managed to snatch a car out of the air before it had a chance to disturb dust. Never say never!

A regal suggestion. At least a Supercharger meet. Perhaps somewhere in middle Britain determined by the centre " of gravity" point of all our address....

... Frizzy to build the postcode database and calculate. We all to check except Ireland, Wales and Scotland who's role is to bitch about having to come to England for the reunion and then insistsisting on a recount.😤

I see no obstacles in our way and It will be fun race around in convoy terrorising the locals with our silence.
Banbury it is then ?

🤣

Quick question new delivery peeps, what version of software is on yours ? Mine is 2022.11.102 which is quite old, it’s been parked with strong signal and no updates …. Fairly chilled as I know it’ll arrive at some stage, just wondered what others experience had been.

Also just picked up this morning from local Detailer ….. what a job , it was good anyway but now it looks amazing, silky smooth and the pearl pops, he also recommended removing the plate holders and mounting plate to the mount directly, looks so much better.

Loving the car so much !

Nice 😀

Our UK Y is on 2022.11.102 as delivered. We'll all get added to the update list in a week or three, I'm sure.

Reactions: Shmern
Yep! I emailed them last week and they said it's been 3.99% for a long time and only recently changed to 4.39% and can't give me the old %. Gutted.

I was holding off until I got the VIN but I got a "Tesla Action Required" txt yesterday warning me to get my finance sorted or else... So I got all my finances done last night and annoyingly it was on the 4.39% APR.
@bainsy Have a read from my experience..I too waited for the VIN to arrive but for me the longer I left the less beneficial it was.

Snowy is on v11.0 (2022.11.102) as well - That is with the ADVANCED update preference as well. Says the car software is up to date as of 1 Jul.

View attachment 823391

View attachment 823392
Yeah mine is on that exact same software.

I have no access to Disney+ and the Spotify doesn't have the update to allow profiles so I am hoping it will update soon.

Anyway what a car! My wife is now also obsessed with it so it is going to be a fight to use it :p

Oh yeah and my V5 has also arrived too.

Great to see all the collections and really really can not wait for our turn.

I am thinking July will be a quiet month but hoping the boat race will begin around August time.

Enjoy your lovely new Teslas you lucky lot and hopefully see you on the road in a couple of months.

So, I guess this is goodbye to Q2 and hello to Q3! 😊
Yep! But this is not a parting; we may have different home rooms but we will continue to see each other in the playground.

Now then........SWMBO says. "Not too much playground if you don't mind...otherwise......you risk detention... but without impositions....you already write too many lines.:rolleyes:"

Sorry if this question is often asked, but the forum isnt quiet coming up with the answers to my searches, so I'd thought I would ask.

Tesla are asking me to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" - my EDD is not till Oct 16th to Nov 30th
a few questions:

1. Do I need to make my down payment now? (Im doing a tesla Loan and its quite a big sum of money im putting down)
2. I have not been allocated a VIN yet (I know im super early) how do I find out my VIN number? Is it quite obvious on the Tesla site?
3. When would it best to make this downpayment? As im unsure whether it would affect my EDD. Some are saying to wait for a VIN allocation, whereas some have said they made the downpayment as soon as possible which then brought forward their EDD.

Again, apologies if this has been asked before hand. So I appreciate some of you are repeating yourselves.
You know you could always ask the person that you know that placed an order a few weeks before you! :p

Best answers are above though ;)

Only thing I'd add is to call Tesla and ask them "Are you really asking me to put the down payment now?" You don't want to be dropped down the EDD because you've been incorrectly flagged as a non-payer.

Reactions: bainsy
Just to add to the tale of pickup success, Tesla have now refunded the 18k back in my account, I had a feeling it would be the day after the QTR ended.

Must say to anyone waiting, the car is so much better then I imagined.

Red with Black handles and wheels makes a nice contrast, no issues with ride.

This car is far better then the demo I took for a drive that had hard suspension and jittery. Rides better then my Skoda superb estate and the wife's Kodiaq (that's going), they were on 19" wheels.

As a family car it's perfect for our use, with the speed boost acceleration it's crazy. This is fast to 60 then the Alpine a110 I just sold. That weighed just over a tonne, this thing ways 2 tonnes+ . How this is even possible amazes me. I was going to hold out for a performance I originally ordered but glad I switched. The auto regen braking means I hardly use the breaks so performance breaks wouldn't have really added anything.

Build quality is great on mine so no concerns, owned lots of Audi's and BMers over the years. Car had no scratches and no misalignment.

Staff were courteous and helpful. I went through the same stages of despair having also been messed around by Skoda on an Enyaq , glad I cancelled and went for the model Y.

Good luck to all those waiting to pick up this quarter, any questions let me know

Last edited:

a few questions:

I can only get speak from Tesla PCP experience; your app will say something like pay the outstanding before delivery. However, they don't get serious until you have VIN and Reg and about 7 to 1O days to go.

The only earlier payment I made was £5 to check ......not sure what now... but my Tesla Account was credited in that amount within 30 minute. After that I relaxed😚 until I got the "Wash your undies and prepare for delivery" message.

So, stay calm; if you become overdue with your payments you will be informed firmly but politely and give a couple of tenth of to pay:oops:.

Not really....😅.
....................... at least five minutes😂. No! ... It's going to be fine.

Now then....SWMBO says. " Look at who is telling people to be calm :p"

Loving the car so much !

This needs to be quoted specifically as this is fantastic news!
I am going to research a number plate solution for the loss of our long standing..nay....historic use of GB when travelling among our European friends. I don't know why or how this additional insult has been foisted upon us by Bad Boy Boris's Brexit Buggerations
but I agree with Nan : "What a F..king liberty". Ironically😂🤣😂🤣, it was all about our liberty......wasn't it.