Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they're telling the truth. The car has been activated on my App, so I can see it on a map, up near Donnington. Zen's delivery partner will be bringing it to me.

I have a VIN and the car is in the app. The car should be on its way next week apparently. It's been on a journey though - disembarked in Southampton, up to the Midlands, and then back to me in the South East. Plenty of transporter fuel used in that journey 😂
Whilst we were waiting around for our personal delivery guy to take her to the detailers (Lizzie that is. - SWMBO was at her detailers last week 😂)
we noticed, over the far side of the enormous site, a queue of single vehicle carriers lining up for the several big transporters that were roaring in every few minutes. Roll 'em off and roll 'em on Rawhide.....The preparations for the other D Day could not have been slicker.

However, the far side to which I refer, had a loose granite pavement which meant clouds go dust in the air. My trailer guy turned up with his beautiful covered job and was asked to go the the "beach landing side" to load Lizzie rather that on the properly tar-macadam side.

I was obliges to protest in the strongest possible terms (but alway with polite and restrained dignity) that no way in the world was I going to drive Lizzie over the quarry surface even - if I could see may way though the dust.
So, the nice man let us load on the good side........all's well that ends ...with you ......getting your own way:cool:

And yet and yet, a senior Tesla employee of seven years standing, ran his finger nail and cast his eye and pronounced it PPFd. I have to go with my detailer, (he impressed me as a skilled artisan) , because ...well, you do don't you...after all, he is going to be alone with Lizzie, if she is not too delicate after baking in the Surrey sunshine :).
I will be eager to hear what your detailer thinks. We did a pretty close inspection, including my guy looking underneath the bumper, and found no evidence of any film layer or seam. It is a very deep clear coating that has been applied, which is good.

Reactions: Wattsisname
I am a Tidal user too. And was really looking forward to using it in the car; HOWEVER, it is sorely lacking a Shuffle function??!!!... am I missing a button somewhere???
The Tidal interface as implemented by Tesla is suboptimal. I generally select albums or go with Tidal mixes. Tidal is relatively new to the Tesla entertainment system (November 2021 I believe) so there is hope the interface improves in the future. Or not. It is Tesla...

• Funny
Reactions: ean36t
I believe the Model 3 comes with front mudguards (that are usually installed prior to collection) and also extender pieces for those front flaps (which are usually not installed prior to collection but instead left in the car). The extensions are from all accounts so long that they can drag on speed humps. Some people cut them shorter before install but I would just not add them on. As far as I know there are no factory supplied rear mudguards.

I will be eager to hear what your detailer thinks. We did a pretty close inspection, including my guy looking underneath the bumper, and found no evidence of any film layer or seam. It is a very deep clear coating that has been applied, which is good.
I'm not a detailer by trade but I do love to give my cars a good treatment. Lunar had her first once over today. I didn't feel it needed a machine polish after the clay bar, but I have to say the carbon build up was astonishing for a brand new car. I also found a nice stone chip on the front bumper. Definitely NOT ppf'ed, my guess is it must be an extra layer of clear coat. Fortunately I still have the touch up paint from my model 3, which I didn't expect to use in my second week of ownership.

As mentioned earlier, she was inspected on our arrival Wednesday evening and was pronounced, quite emphatically, to be PPF free.
So, it is with the flow that I will go.:)

Just to add to the tale of pickup success, Tesla have now refunded the 18k back in my account, I had a feeling it would be the day after the QTR ended.

Must say to anyone waiting, the car is so much better then I imagined.

Red with Black handles and wheels makes a nice contrast, no issues with ride.

This car is far better then the demo I took for a drive that had hard suspension and jittery. Rides better then my Skoda superb estate and the wife's Kodiaq (that's going), they were on 19" wheels.

As a family car it's perfect for our use, with the speed boost acceleration it's crazy. This is fast to 60 then the Alpine a110 I just sold. That weighed just over a tonne, this thing ways 2 tonnes+ . How this is even possible amazes me. I was going to hold out for a performance I originally ordered but glad I switched. The auto regen braking means I hardly use the breaks so performance breaks wouldn't have really added anything.

Build quality is great on mine so no concerns, owned lots of Audi's and BMers over the years. Car had no scratches and no misalignment.

Staff were courteous and helpful. I went through the same stages of despair having also been messed around by Skoda on an Enyaq , glad I cancelled and went for the model Y.

Good luck to all those waiting to pick up this quarter, any questions let me know
Glad to hear it worked out for you in the end. I've been on here a few months and reading your experience, which wasn't great and worrying. You can enjoy your car now and cash 😁

Reactions: Daedalus
:cool::cool:Just remember, it's not the size that matters, it's how you use it 😂
😂 Indeed! The best way to use it, your number plate, on the Autoroutes is in Undecipherable Mode:cool:

Not really; I daresay, I will continue to support the Gendarmerie Nationale Benevolent Fund along with the Peage as is tradionale.
Which give me the opportunity of a quick segue to the Imovis Tag; that great service which, with its little widget tag in the car, beats the Peage queues by accessing the priority lane.
Q: Do any members know for how years the onboard tag will function? I will anyway contact Imovis on the subject.

Last edited: