Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased plates from them. After putting on my private plates, I realised there were drill holes in the plates🙈. They wanted retention document and drivers licence scanned and sent.
Bizarre mate, here is what they asked me for.🤔

pro plates.jpg

Reactions: Kingpopsy
Random question for Model Y, Model 3 owners.

In my previous Model S the space between car lengths when in auto pilot is engaged could be adjusted between 1 and 7.

My new Model Y seems to stop at 2 and won't go as low as 1.

Am I missing something here.

Please no lectures about following too close, it was something I noticed while learning the new car controls. Right scroll wheel > press to the right.
2 car length.JPG

Reactions: Toblerone
Random question for Model Y, Model 3 owners.

In my previous Model S the space between car lengths when in auto pilot is engaged could be adjusted between 1 and 7.

My new Model Y seems to stop at 2 and won't go as low as 1.

Am I missing something here.

Please no lectures about following too close, it was something I noticed while learning the new car controls. Right scroll wheel > press to the right.
View attachment 825723
That's apparently due to the fact that Q2 deliveries don't include a front radar anymore, and rely only on Tesla Vision cameras.
Therefore there's an added gap vs previous ones *for now*, that will supposedly shorten once the AI improves via software updates...
But you would be well founded to consider this a step back... I know I would...

That's apparently due to the fact that Q2 deliveries don't include a front radar anymore, and rely only on Tesla Vision cameras.
Therefore there's an added gap vs previous ones *for now*, that will supposedly shorten once the AI improves via software updates...
But you would be well founded to consider this a step back... I know I would...
That makes sense mate. Thanks very much.👍

Can anyone tell me if the model y's coming from Shanghai have the LFP battery?

You can tell this by looking at your charging screen. If there is no recommended daily trip limit (i.e. 80%), you have the LFP batteries as you can constantly charge these to 100%.
Only SR 3s have LFP. All Long Range trims (so all Ys) still have and will retain NCA packs for some time.