Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now here's a question. Do you think they load the software for FSD or EAP at the factory, or do they download and install that when it gets to the UK (or whichever country). Just wondering if EAP as an option makes the chance of getting matched even lower ...
Just a guess but I imagine the software load is the same with lockouts in place. That way you just need the right key to access and they do not need to cock about when updates come in as they are all the same. Suppose it depends on the size of the software among other things.

Good morning. I am new to this. Got a lot out of reading the posts. Thank you all!
MSM, Black, 19', ordered 23rd April 22, current EDD 5th Sep - 20th Oct. Based in UK
EDD went from June to November and back to the above. No changes in weeks. No VIN yet
I'm basically exactly the same as you, ordered day after....

Have to say, reading latest posts is fairly gloomy... suspect we're about to slip to November....

Just got an update after chasing the lease company - new tesla estimate is November 22.

MY Blue, 20inch wheels
Order date: end of April
Original Estimate: September
To keep your hopes up, I ordered the same spec direct on 20-Apr. EDD has been holding like this for weeks now.
But then again it did the same in June!

718F572B-32EB-423F-A9B3-DA761A124BB0.jpeg

I'm basically exactly the same as you, ordered day after....

Have to say, reading latest posts is fairly gloomy... suspect we're about to slip to November....
Delivery process is painful. We sold out family car back in May. Just have an old banger without aircon to keep us going. All this will make us appreciate the Tesla even more when it finally turns up

My EDD moved a few days forward, I am trying not to read too more from this.

But seriously, what's the point in Teslas PoV to have these minor tweaking? It isn't like they could even stick to a EDD...
No one is manually editing these, they will be generated by an algorithm based on lots of variables (shipping dates, land transporters, preparation teams, pick up location, pick up scheduling, reservation position, cancellations, weather, cash flow, phase of the moon…).

From their point of view they want people to be ready so they don’t have lots of cancellation when people try to get money, insurance, etc in order. They would perhaps just be better off saying Q3 until it’s on the ship, but then remember this is a global company and its probably a lot better in other regions (with more straight forward delivery).

With all the production issues and ramping up factories in Germany and Texas, plus the fact they aren't even exporting S/X vehicles, I imagine slightly inaccurate EDDs are the lease of their worries.

No one is manually editing these, they will be generated by an algorithm based on lots of variables (shipping dates, land transporters, preparation teams, pick up location, pick up scheduling, reservation position, cancellations, weather, cash flow, phase of the moon…).

From their point of view they want people to be ready so they don’t have lots of cancellation when people try to get money, insurance, etc in order. They would perhaps just be better off saying Q3 until it’s on the ship, but then remember this is a global company and its probably a lot better in other regions (with more straight forward delivery).

With all the production issues and ramping up factories in Germany and Texas, plus the fact they aren't even exporting S/X vehicles, I imagine slightly inaccurate EDDs are the lease of their worries.
Not suggesting it's manually done but still even when it's done by software, what do they gain by fiddling with the date? If you think it'll help the customer to get their finance ready - when I see the EDD being slipped/moved randomly I just start to take the EDD MUCH less seriously.