Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally, nearing 6 months wait for an MY that should have been delivered in 3, I’m starting to reassess my choice.
Reflecting on our missed summer plans because of the delay…
If and when it will finally arrive in the autumn, will this car live up to the hype with all the promising contenders arriving in 2023+? (Audi A6, Fisker Ocean, Merc EQE)
What will the trade in figures look like in 3-4 years?
I feel like I’m buying at the top….
Maybe a used inventory or a lease would have been better… idk

Personally, nearing 6 months wait for an MY that should have been delivered in 3, I’m starting to reassess my choice.
If and when it will finally arrive in the autumn, will this car live up to the hype with all the promising contenders arriving in 2023+? (Audi A6, Fisker Ocean, Merc EQE)
Top? Hasn’t the car already gone up 3k since you ordered? I don’t see new cars being readily available any time soon and the desire to move to BEV cars is only increasing. The model Y, Buzz and the Enyaq are the only cars that can deliver on space, until the other manufactures ditch the hybrid BEV/ICE platforms the Y is in a league of its own for larger family’s whilst still appealing to other categories. The ix is an option but significant more expensive and more or less equivalent in size.

Cancel your order and order something else, opens up a slot for someone who’s sure about the car.

I ordered on March as well, back then I was choosing between Ioniq 5 and MY, MY EDD was Jul-Aug, Ioniq 5 was "end of year". So I went for Tesla.
I end up not having a wheel for the summer either way, but as long as it's delivered within this year I haven't picked the "wrong" choice. That's how I tell myself anyway.

Tesla went up since I ordered in April and given the global inflation I would not be surprised if there is another increase. Used Tesla are selling for good money these days. I bet this will help with EV sales in London Proposed ULEZ expansion for 2023 The longer you wait the more EVs come to the market which might hit the same production issues.

Reactions: Rensteruk
Hi,

I just found out that my order has slipped from Q3 to Q4.

I'd ordered a MY AWD Midnight Silver/Black on 6th April through a leasing company. The original EDD was 30th September it's now moved to 12th December.

Naturally, I'm disappointed. But what can you do...
Your lease company are likely guessing unless they've not actually ordered your car. My order went through on the 4th April and it seems I only just missed out last quarter, you should definitely see yours in September if your order was placed on the 6th April, unless the MSM really is that rare at the moment.

Reactions: Toblerone
8 months in and cancelling… brave move

I’m just over 7 months since I ordered. My EDD is currently sat on 6/11 > 21/12

I’m not holding my breath with any EDD until I have a VIN
Unfortunately he had no choice… when I say “they” I actually meant Mercedes’!

They couldn’t reach the demand and had to cancel orders and told customers we aren’t taking any more orders for that model

Wow that puts things in perspective… I now suddenly feel a lot better about waiting the time I have for the Tesla
I was just thinking exactly that! Tesla have their faults in terms of delivery, and have even suggested stopping taking further orders... but abandoning existing customers, that's beyond belief!

Reactions: partywme and JOL1
So I going to pick up my Model 3 Performance on 2nd Sept, and I'm financing through Tesla, so I have a Deposit to pay before Delivery..

In my account it says to make payment 7 days before pick up which would be the 26th Aug.... Is that correct or can / should I do it on the day or the day before?

Feels a bit off handing over a large amount of money a week before I even see the car?

So I going to pick up my Model 3 Performance on 2nd Sept, and I'm financing through Tesla, so I have a Deposit to pay before Delivery..

In my account it says to make payment 7 days before pick up which would be the 26th Aug.... Is that correct or can / should I do it on the day or the day before?

Feels a bit off handing over a large amount of money a week before I even see the car?
The message seems clear, pay 7 days ahead. For all Tesla deliveries the full amount needs to be paid in advance i.e before you see the car. In that case paying 7 days as opposed to 1 or 2 days seems an academic debate. This is the Tesla Business model.

Reactions: Daedalus

It is the Tesla way.
If you do not pay in advance as they request, then there may be the chance to re-allocate to someone else.
On my previous 2 M3's they asked for it 7 days in advance, on my more recent Y, they asked for it to be made 14 days in advance. I paid in full which was fine with me. As soon as you make the payment, it will appear in your account within a couple of hours.

Reactions: Daedalus and JOL1
It is the Tesla way.
If you do not pay in advance as they request, then there may be the chance to re-allocate to someone else.
On my previous 2 M3's they asked for it 7 days in advance, on my more recent Y, they asked for it to be made 14 days in advance. I paid in full which was fine with me. As soon as you make the payment, it will appear in your account within a couple of hours.
Would I be able to send a smaller test payment first and see it on the account before sending the remaining?

Will it live up to the hype? Luxury - NO; Everything Else - YES.
If you're not going to use any of the gadgets (iPhone key/ AP etc), then don't bother and buy a 'dumb' Electric car (free your order up);
If you're happy with 100mi/ 200mi of range and chargers that could or could not be working (on a road trip) - then buy the other brands.

Am I a 'groupie' - Let's just be fair and say that I've carefully considered my needs, and I'm a happy owner of a very expensive 'should be more luxurious' car that can drive me for hours/ days on AP.. and not have to worry about the next [Super]Charger... this, compared with the other 'brand' chargers that I've seen out there. For sure, I'm certain that Merc/ Audi/ BMW/ VW/ Kia/ Hyundai have their advantages -> to each their own, and the most important thing is that YOU ARE HAPPY when sat behind the wheel/ driving yourself/ your family etc etc... buy the correct car for you and your mission. That's why there are lots of brands to choose from.

One month - almost 3,000mi. No problems at all from pick-up. My verdict - it is WORTH the wait. Fingers crossed this will serve me well for the years to come. I've had probably >30cars in my life - from roadsters to luxury chelsea-tractors... all-in-all, the only car that beats the Model-Y was my BMW 523i (straight six) sedan... followed by.. perhaps the RS5 Cabrio.... apples and pears... too many variables, but this is how I'll rank them... Model-Y is the second best car I've owned.

All the new owners will hopefully agree.. it's a good part of your savings after all.. All the to-be owners.. you cannot compare the 'Tesla sales/ delivery method' with any traditional car manufacturer... a Tesla is just plain different from any traditional car... the wait will be worth it...

Text message from Tesla.

Hi Michael,

“Your trade in valuation will be available soon as your appointment has been scheduled for collection.”

No VIN yet.

MY White/Black EDD Aug 26 - Sep 25: Ordered 24 Mar: Pickup Bristol. cash + M3 Trade in.
Haha, nothing like a little excitement-causing confusion eh?

I have a MY White/Black/19s EDD Sep 4-30: Ordered 24 Mar: Pickup Bluewater. Cash + M3 Trade in.

No contact from Tesla. And so we wait...

Reactions: WW7490 and Daedalus