Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With respect, and lots of respect as it turns out, you’ve got your date and are in the next phase. What does it matter wrt what ship its on? Mr M provides super and detailed updates of how planned ships are coming along. He isn’t a Tesla employee but is particularly helpful in looking out for news of when next deliveries may happen to prompt people looking for VINS/confirmation they are at the stage you’re now at.

Well it’s now just 1 week left for Q3 boats for EU & UK. This time next week we may have some real life action still to happen with VINS allocating 3 days post shanghai. So, after 22nd/23rd august we can all relax and set our alarms for November. Modern comms and satellites, drones and smart phones have made us check everything about everything- is it progress? Depends on your perspective.
So is it a given that you will receive a car if you find the VIN in the source code?

I bet if I changed to a Model Y Tesla would suddenly find a car for me one of the ships. Just so wrong that orders made in January are taking second place.
I'll bet you! How much? In honesty, you'd lose because you'd have to wait your turn like the rest of us...

Unfortunately, we're at the whim of factory capacity and business strategy. Because factory capacity is limited, it's either they make M3/Y in equal volume, week over week - and everyone's (3 & Y orders) wait time is collectively increased massively (they would also lose a lot of efficiency at factory level). Or, they prioritise what they think is the more in demand car (Y), focus on clearing those orders first (or mostly first), then slowly fulfill the 3s by producing a batch here and there in-between the Ys. If it were the other way around, they would probably lose more Y customers than 3. It's collateral for doing business with limited factory capacity.

What we do know is that Tesla would love to fulfill all orders promptly, and they are building towards that with the ramp of both Berlin and Austin (/future expansion of Shanghai/more factories yet to be announced). Until then, we'll all have to be patient. If you leave, someone else will be ready to take your place.

Mods feel free to move this to UK delivery thread; just wanted to reply back to op.

Reactions: Toblerone
Well it’s now just 1 week left for Q3 boats for EU & UK. This time next week we may have some real life action still to happen with VINS allocating 3 days post shanghai. So, after 22nd/23rd august we can all relax and set our alarms for November. Modern comms and satellites, drones and smart phones have made us check everything about everything- is it progress? Depends on your perspective.

Reactions: sonicc and Human_
Almost guaranteed but car could fall off transporter, be reallocated to someone else if you can’t complete all prerequisites in time, etc.
Don't we need Tesla to officially send a text with VIN or delivery as VIN could be removed from source code when they realize the cars should be going to the earlier orders. I'm wondering if this has happened or its certain the car is yours.

Reactions: Fryto
Does anyone know if the plates automatically assigned even before you pay? I find it very hard to believe the employee on the phone told me the plates are already assigned to the car. I haven't even make the payment yet, I don't wish it's not straight from the factory. 😐

Does anyone know if the plates automatically assigned even before you pay? I find it very hard to believe the employee on the phone told me the plates are already assigned to the car. I haven't even make the payment yet, I don't wish it's not straight from the factory. 😐
Typically manufacturers are assigned a batch of reg numbers from DVLA (and often sequential). They can then proceed to assign them to the cars internally and later update DVLA records to name you on the V5C as the first end-customer.

Reactions: RNR2330 and Dagic
Does anyone know if there is a way to look in the source code for the Delivery Location?
I chose Bluewater as my only option when I ordered in Q1, Tesla changed it to Staines in Q2, then since my push to Q3 the screens have changed and I can only see the 'make final payment' screen so unsure as to where that leaves me to collect the car.

Otherwise I guess I'll get on the chat...

Reactions: Darreno
Does anyone know if there is a way to look in the source code for the Delivery Location?
I chose Bluewater as my only option when I ordered in Q1, Tesla changed it to Staines in Q2, then since my push to Q3 the screens have changed and I can only see the 'make final payment' screen so unsure as to where that leaves me to collect the car.

Get on the live chat. I set mine to Bluewater collection however when I asked what my delivery location was after I got my VIN, they told me I was down for a home delivery with hub set at Bluewater.

I did ask for whatever is the quickest and they told me that the car will go to Bluewater, then delivered to my house on the same day, so I left it as home delivery. Saves the journey I guess.

To note, home delivery was not an option when I reserved but they changed it to that for whatever reason.

When are you planning on making the final payment? I don’t want to pay until 7 days before but the text I had said complete everything in the next 7 days to avoid delivery delays so slightly worried if we don’t it will cause an issue…

Reactions: Benotomy
When are you planning on making the final payment? I don’t want to pay until 7 days before but the text I had said complete everything in the next 7 days to avoid delivery delays so slightly worried if we don’t it will cause an issue…
I’m not planning on paying until I get an official vin and a collection time. I’ve seen people here get burned before…

Reactions: QuanTim
I have exactly the same question just because the last text I received asks for all pre delivery tasks to be completed in the next 7 days but my EDD is around mid Sep. I still have a balance to pay. This would be not confusing if it said complete all tasks or the payment at least 7 days prior to collection, instead. Additionally the trial payment I made a week ago seems to appear on the account suggesting it gets reflected in the balance, so I wonder what the main reason for waiting for the VIN and the collection is other than holding to the cash a bit longer? I am not to keen to pay well in advance but not also wanting to cause any further delay or to be unmatched just because their message is not followed. Am I missing something?

Last edited: