Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Mr Miserable My MY that we think is on Glovis Companion will be ready for pick-up 9th September Newcastle. This would tie up with the arrival of Companion.

Along with a few other folks on this thread, I found my VIN hidden at a time that suggests model Y is on GLOVIS COMPANION. At the time, my ED was 1-15th Sept. That's now slipped to 9-23rd. I've also noted that (according to the VIN checkers), my VIN isn't valid, any idea why that might be?

Not sure if the slip indicates a later arrival for GLOVIS COMPANION, or just pickups being shuffled around, but thought I'd post the slippage here, in case it's useful info.
I have just had my pick-up message. Booked for 9th September. I rx'd my hidden VIN that linked up with Glovis Companion

Isn't that possible anymore? Maybe VIN's are assigned at Suez?
I am trying to figure that out. Tesla tells me I should get a VIN 4 weeks before delivery. Another Tesla contact tells me I get the VIN when the car is manufactured. The messages in this forum seem to suggest otherwise. I will be picking up from Dartford, although that information has not been confirmed on the app since I ordered. Glovis Companion arrives in Southampton in a couple of weeks. Maybe I am not as patient anymore as I should be...

I am trying to figure that out. Tesla tells me I should get a VIN 4 weeks before delivery. Another Tesla contact tells me I get the VIN when the car is manufactured. The messages in this forum seem to suggest otherwise. I will be picking up from Dartford, although that information has not been confirmed on the app since I ordered. Glovis Companion arrives in Southampton in a couple of weeks. Maybe I am not as patient anymore as I should be...
From what I have read it is about 2 weeks before you get it. So in theory it might not have been shipped yet (but will need to be in the next couple of days) assuming it is towards the end of your EDD range?

We see YouTube footage of a ship loading in Shanghai. 3 days later there are loads of posts on here saying they’ve discovered a vin. Pattern repeats.
Note that this is prior to being officially notified by Tesla.
Watch for yourself if there are any vin assignments if Glovis Challenge or Sunrise depart for Suez.

Just had a chat with the Tesla advisor as the delivery is scheduled in the 01st-15th Sept window and still don't have a valuation for my trade in. Been advised that they are awaiting a confirmation on the delivery dates and is now likely to be in the 15th Sept-22nd Sept window - hence the delay. The trade in valuation is valid for 30 days only. Delivery pick is from Glasgow. Thought the vehicle is on Glovis companion scheduled to arrive on the 01st Sept. Wondering what the reason for the delay could be - internal logistics or some other shipment enroute to UK?
Latest update:
Just 2 hours later now get a valuation figure for the trade in and text for delivery date confirmation. How things change so quickly! Not sure what James7C2 found to disagree on for a TA update! Anyways - the countdown begins!

@Mr Miserable My MY that we think is on Glovis Companion will be ready for pick-up 9th September Newcastle. This would tie up with the arrival of Companion.

I have just had my pick-up message. Booked for 9th September. I rx'd my hidden VIN that linked up with Glovis Companion
how do you confirm the vehicle is on Glovis companion- other than the scheduled arrival date aligned to your delivery date?

Along with a few other folks on this thread, I found my VIN hidden at a time that suggests model Y is on GLOVIS COMPANION. At the time, my ED was 1-15th Sept. That's now slipped to 9-23rd. I've also noted that (according to the VIN checkers), my VIN isn't valid, any idea why that might be?

Not sure if the slip indicates a later arrival for GLOVIS COMPANION, or just pickups being shuffled around, but thought I'd post the slippage here, in case it's useful info.
When i chatted with the TA today - gave me the same expectation - that the scheduled delivery is likely to be 15th-22nd Sept. 2 hours later - now have a valuation for trade in and also a delivery date text message.

This period between VIN/registration plate text and the collection date goes so slowly! Are there any other comms from Tesla in between which might help break it up? I've been spending my time tracking the ship my car was on, but now that that's offloaded in Southampton...not sure what else to do but wait 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Human_
(repost from MY and General thread)

Quick summary (with assumption that Glovis Companion is the carrier)

06 Aug (20:11 UTC) - Ship departs Shanghai
09 Aug (15:30 UTC) - Hidden VINs start appearing
17 Aug (11:30 UTC) - Texts confirming Delivery dates start coming (08 Sep to 20 Sep) [ship 6 days to Suez]

My “May” has also disappeared from the app this morning.

Mine has also disappeared from the app (I'm going through Tesla PCP). Shows only on when I login to the Account.

Out of interest, has anyone else’s app stopped showing the EDD? Mine disappeared about 2 weeks ago now.

Congrats... You also have your EDD in your app... Mine disappeared months ago... not sure if I should read into that

I went to check my EDD this morning on the app. Dates had disappeared! I refreshed it a few times, still no date.

A few months ago, my delivery location changed (by itself) from Bluewater to Staines. Also at some point, my EDD disappeared from the app (like all of you). I don't know if they happened at the same time because I didn't realise the Bluewater->Staines change for a while. I went on live chat today and asked them to change it back to Bluewater. And now my app is once again showing my EDD. May be coincidence but thought worth mentioning!

Reactions: _Dave_ and QuanTim
Yes. That is almost publicly assumed by Tesla.
Not only model 3s have been produced in fewer numbers than the Ys now, but your entry-level RWD is definitely at the back of the queue, as with supply constraints, it does make sense indeed that Tesla is prioritising higher-margin trims for its revenue.
Their batch production model does certainly account for opportunity cost.

What was the EDD window announced when you initially placed your order?
14 to 16 weeks.

Last edited: