Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few months ago, my delivery location changed (by itself) from Bluewater to Staines. Also at some point, my EDD disappeared from the app (like all of you). I don't know if they happened at the same time because I didn't realise the Bluewater->Staines change for a while. I went on live chat today and asked them to change it back to Bluewater. And now my app is once again showing my EDD. May be coincidence but thought worth mentioning!
I like this post not only for the useful information, but also for the fact that you found and quoted everyone who mentioned the same issue!

I'm almost scared to change my location just in case I get bumped in a queue somewhere on Tesla's mythical/legendary EDD system.

A few months ago, my delivery location changed (by itself) from Bluewater to Staines. Also at some point, my EDD disappeared from the app (like all of you). I don't know if they happened at the same time because I didn't realise the Bluewater->Staines change for a while. I went on live chat today and asked them to change it back to Bluewater. And now my app is once again showing my EDD. May be coincidence but thought worth mentioning!
Mine too has changed from Birmingham to Staines. I don't understand why this is a problem for some, what difference would it make if it was to go to Birmingham or Staines. I will go and collect my car 😊😊😊😊

Yes. That is almost publicly assumed by Tesla.
Not only model 3s have been produced in fewer numbers than the Ys now, but your entry-level RWD is definitely at the back of the queue, as with supply constraints, it does make sense indeed that Tesla is prioritising higher-margin trims for its revenue.
Their batch production model does certainly account for opportunity cost.

What was the EDD window announced when you initially placed your order?
Interesting a Tesla person informed me that the LR and Performance models are one off orders with the production line making more of the RWD model. They said to help with more orders Tesla introduced the shorter wait times for the more expensive models or trim.

I managed to find the TA chat today, wanted to check my collection location after reading about some changes on here. Informed I’d been changed from NEC to Staines in May (not been told). I asked whether or not it were possible to change back to NEC (only if it wouldn’t impact delivery time) - told that the reason it was changed was because NEC isn’t a collection hub this quarter. I questioned this as I’ve seen booked collections in the next couple of weeks on here…no answer yet! They’re going to look into it and let me know. My thought might be that NEC isn’t doing Q4 maybe and I’m already actually a Q4 order?? I do hope not but I’m still holding EDD 5-30/9 with order date mid-April. Very strange - any similar experiences or insights?

Reactions: DRS ACTIVE
I managed to find the TA chat today, wanted to check my collection location after reading about some changes on here. Informed I’d been changed from NEC to Staines in May (not been told). I asked whether or not it were possible to change back to NEC (only if it wouldn’t impact delivery time) - told that the reason it was changed was because NEC isn’t a collection hub this quarter. I questioned this as I’ve seen booked collections in the next couple of weeks on here…no answer yet! They’re going to look into it and let me know. My thought might be that NEC isn’t doing Q4 maybe and I’m already actually a Q4 order?? I do hope not but I’m still holding EDD 5-30/9 with order date mid-April. Very strange - any similar experiences or insights?
On live chat I was told a few weeks ago Bluewater wasn't being used in Q3 and mine was changed to Staines. But after seeing lots of people post delivery confirmations in Bluewater, I went back on live chat today and they changed it back to Bluewater for me 🤷‍♂️

A questions how does the trade-in process work with Tesla. Do they guarantee your future value or do you have to allow extra funds to cover a new value. If so are you not loosing the deal.
I was given a trade-in value when I placed my order in March. This expired after 60 days and it is only now that I have received my VIN have they given me a revised trade-in offer, which in fairness is not hugely different after 5 months since the original offer was made. I have obtained valuations from a number of online car buying sites and the Tesla offer was pretty near the best alternative figure so I decided to go with the Tesla trade-in

Reactions: SomeGuyWithaY
I was given a trade-in value when I placed my order in March. This expired after 60 days and it is only now that I have received my VIN have they given me a revised trade-in offer, which in fairness is not hugely different after 5 months since the original offer was made. I have obtained valuations from a number of online car buying sites and the Tesla offer was pretty near the best alternative figure so I decided to go with the Tesla trade-in
Thanks the crazy second hand market must be helping.

On live chat I was told a few weeks ago Bluewater wasn't being used in Q3 and mine was changed to Staines. But after seeing lots of people post delivery confirmations in Bluewater, I went back on live chat today and they changed it back to Bluewater for me 🤷‍♂️
Even when I said that I knew people had collections at NEC, they still couldn’t see it and couldn’t allocate to it. It seems very bizarre but doesn’t fill me with confidence that I’ll have my order by end of quarter.

Good to hear the market hasn’t moved dramatically. If you don’t mind me asking, what year is the Q5 that you’re trading in?

Reactions: Seaview
Looks like the last push is happening and Mr M did think 2 more boats were due. IF, and it’s a big IF, challenge is a UK boat then VINS might rain down on Saturday during Texas office hours. However, as it’s a weekend perhaps the VINS may wait till Monday. By Monday we will know if Glovis sunrise is heading to Europe and VINS from it could rain down as a big torrent on Monday or Tuesday depending on departure day. It could be a double rain storm on Monday due to weekend. Either way we’ve all got something to cause extreme excitement until middle of next week. My premonition with Glovis challenge which i shared last week is holding up. Maybe Tesla will revert to hidden VINS later in the journey to keep us all in suspenders for longer. 🚘🎷🎶