Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
88805839-4CB9-42E8-9E02-70358913B5CD.jpeg

24 hours and 34 minutes to go… anyone else collecting tomorrow? 😃

Just had an interesting conversation with Tesla UK Sales & Delivery that I think is relevant to shipping.
I wanted to know when I am expected to have completed payment for my MY that I am picking up on 2nd September (VIN 406***).
The answer is 7 days prior to collection.
I asked if it was now in the UK, thinking it had arrived on Glovis Summit earlier this week.
They told me it is not in the UK yet but is due to arrive towards the end of August. What ship could that be?

Reactions: DRS ACTIVE
In case any of you are looking for insurance for your new Tesla -

I'm picking up my car on the 8th Sept so looking for insurance quotes. I'm currently with LV and their quote is the cheapest. However it states that a tracker needs to be fitted to the car, so I asked for clarification and received this reply:

'We don't recommend what make of tracker is fitted, however we need to let you know that a tracking device is an electronic device, which is fitted to the car and emits a signal (to either your mobile phone or another device, or to a monitoring service that you maintain a subscription for) that enables the car to be located anywhere in the UK in real time, if it is stolen'

So it appears that the car location function in the Tesla app will fit the bill

Got a EDD of 24 - 30 September for m3 rwd. Just wondering when do you get your reg number so you can get insurance for it. I want to get a couple of quotes to see how much it will be, in advance.
You get the reg and VIN by text about 2-3 weeks before collection.
The reg won't appear on the insurance websites though because although the reg is allocated it won't be registered until the day of collection and even then it can take a couple of weeks before it appears on these websites.
There are options to get quotes for a car you don't yet own.

You get the reg and VIN by text about 2-3 weeks before collection.
The reg won't appear on the insurance websites though because although the reg is allocated it won't be registered until the day of collection and even then it can take a couple of weeks before it appears on these websites.
There are options to get quotes for a car you don't yet own.
Thank you @Mr Miserable. Sorry it was not shipping related. Thought I put it on the UK 2022 orders page.

Model 3 Long Range (Metallic Silver, Black, Aero wheels), ordered mid February via LeasePlan (company car). Being told delivery date of January 2023. Does that sound overly long? THanks.
Does sound a bit long. Depends exactly when your lease company placed the order tho.

I've ordered the exact same spec at the end of Feb, direct with telsa, and my EDD is Sept 24-Sept30

• Disagree
Reactions: DLSS and yakir
In case any of you are looking for insurance for your new Tesla -

I'm picking up my car on the 8th Sept so looking for insurance quotes. I'm currently with LV and their quote is the cheapest. However it states that a tracker needs to be fitted to the car, so I asked for clarification and received this reply:

'We don't recommend what make of tracker is fitted, however we need to let you know that a tracking device is an electronic device, which is fitted to the car and emits a signal (to either your mobile phone or another device, or to a monitoring service that you maintain a subscription for) that enables the car to be located anywhere in the UK in real time, if it is stolen'

So it appears that the car location function in the Tesla app will fit the bill
Interesting that LV was the cheapest for you. We are currently with them and called up to add the Tesla and they quoted us 2k+ for 6months policy. We went with Admiral and they were quite decent. They also offer free recovery in case you ran out of charge.

Sorry not much help with the Tracker that was what I was struggling but it seems to fit the bill.

Reactions: HowieR
Wednesday 17 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

MORNING CHORUS has arrived in Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY.

GLOVIS SUMMIT has also arrived in Zeebrugge with 3,026 M3 and 853 MY.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is not a Tesla charter but she is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!
She is in the Mediterranean heading to Livorno, Italy (a non-Tesla related stop). No more stops after that - direct to Zeebrugge.

RCC ANTWERP is presently in the Gulf of Aden and she remains 'dark' ie she has switched off her AIS, so you can ignore the position shown on our Tesla Ship Tracker. As I have previously explained this is not unusual, especially for Israeli owned ships like her. She is due to arrive in Koper on 23 Aug with 4052 MY on board. Whether this will be her only stop we don't yet know. She should switch her AIS back on when she is in the Red Sea.

GLOVIS COMPANION is crossing the Arabian Sea. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN.

Don't forget the GLOVIS COMPANION competition! Click HERE to enter.

ASIAN VISION is enroute to Port Kembla, Australia with an ETA there of 28 Aug. After that she should head on down to Melbourne.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE has now departed Shanghai South and is heading initially for Singapore where I expect she will refuel before carrying on to Suez. Today's report is a posted later than normal because I was hoping to receive some more information on her. That hasn't yet arrived and if it does I will post an update. She took a long time to load - GLOVIS SUNRISE which replaced her at Shanghai South had wait 24 hrs for her to complete loading, which is pretty unusual. At the moment we don't know where she is heading although the money is on Europe. That could be Zeebrugge, Barcelona or Koper at the moment. VIN activity at the end of the week may give us some clues.

GLOVIS SUNRISE, a bigger ship than GLOVIS CHALLENGE, is now alongside. We know she will be heading to NW Europe but we don't know whether that will include UK or not.

Looking at timings, I would expect the last opportunity for a UK-bound ship to depart will be around 24 Aug - so plenty of time yet. Sitting off the coast at the moment is GLOVIS CRYSTAL and I have my eye on her.

Over in San Francisco GLOVIS SIGMA is about to arrive. Again, I was hoping to post some more information on whether anything can be seen on Pier 80 waiting to be loaded but nothing has arrived - I will post an update if I receive more details. It would be very unusual for Tesla to ship at this stage of the quarter from Pier 80.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.
I ordered a MY w/b 19” at the end of April through Zen Autos and I have a delivery date of 3rd Sep. Was notified of this 27th July and got Vin and number plate details on the 11th Aug. Vin starts with 405.

Hi Mr M,

Just got my VIN number from the Source check. Not tracking on the Hoegh checker. Ireland order, placed March 2022. ETD is currently 16th - 30th September.
405 is the first 3 digits of the VIN.

Regards,

Ryanno.

MYLR Blue, black interior 19" Geminis.
Ordered 16th March, VIN xxxx405, Del 16th - 30th ETD
Ryanno
My info here.
ordered a MY w/b 19” at the end of April through Zen Autos and I have a delivery date of 3rd Sep. Was notified of this 27th July and got Vin and number plate details on the 11th Aug. Vin starts with 405.