Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the production rate from the Shanghai factory now, do you think we will move away from the quarter end rush (which had been alluded to sometime last year) to a steady flow of ships delivering cars, when available, to all countries that China exports to?

Therefore could we see ships going to EU/UK in the days to come, even if that means they are mid voyage at quarter end?

Just a thought!!! (and hope that I may get my car before Nov - Dec🙂)
Well now, not too many Rushforths about if that is your surname? FYI, I`m a CRushforth small world eh! :)

Can someone clarify payment from final invoice generation? I just spoke to Tesla who said you have 3 days to pay the final invoice once it’s generated, is that correct?
I guess they are exaggerating a bit to ensure comfortable cash flows. Up to 7 days before delivery was the commonly accepted standard if you don't want any surprises/have to provide additional proof of payment on delivery day.

If what you have ordered is the car in your bio, you might need to contact Tesla as it is doubtful that car will be released in the UK! RWD are for Aus market. They are no longer even an option for UK.
If what you have ordered is the car in your bio, you might need to contact Tesla as it is doubtful that car will be released in the UK! RWD are for Aus market. They are no longer even an option for UK.
Realised that he has ordered a M3 not MY..

Hi, long time lurker here enjoying all the updates.
M3P Silver/Black/AP ordered May 20th via Octopus, so I won't see any eta or VIN in my Tesla account. Octopus still show eta of Nov-Jan, however originally it was Sep-Oct. I spoke to Tesla a few weeks back and they said they still expected to deliver mine in Sept. Spoke to them today and they said whilst there was no VIN yet, I'd been "initially matched" to a vehicle arriving in UK at very end of Sept, and should get a text with VIN in the next week. Does that sound about right? So much more difficult getting an idea of what's going on with a lease car.

BTW Thanks to everyone for updates, shipping info and so on - it's massively helpful and apprecaited.

Reactions: Edward Mango
Hi All,
Thank you to Mr M and the rest for all the good shipping info. It's been addictive.
I ordered a model Y on 9th May, MSM, 20", Black Int, Cash and today discovered a hidden VIN thinking it may be on the latest ship however my EDD was also pulled forward to 31st August to 14th September for collection in Bristol. First 3 numbers of the VIN are 418xxx so I wonder what ship this is arriving on or is it altready here? Is it a car someone has declined to take delivery of maybe? Is it a pre factory update car or post upate as the number looks quite low compared to recent posts?

Any enlightenment would be great, thank you

Hi All,
Thank you to Mr M and the rest for all the good shipping info. It's been addictive.
I ordered a model Y on 9th May, MSM, 20", Black Int, Cash and today discovered a hidden VIN thinking it may be on the latest ship however my EDD was also pulled forward to 31st August to 14th September for collection in Bristol. First 3 numbers of the VIN are 418xxx so I wonder what ship this is arriving on or is it altready here? Is it a car someone has declined to take delivery of maybe? Is it a pre factory update car or post upate as the number looks quite low compared to recent posts?

I have a Y with a 418 VIN. My pick up date is 15th Sept so guess its Companion

Hi all got my hidden vin today 😀 and I can now pay my deposit. How do you do the wire transfers do I have to do it all in 1 go or can I do a small one to start (to make sure it works) then the rest after?
Do a test payment first, even if it's just £1, using your RN number as the reference, just to see if it goes through successfully. Should take about 2 hours. Once you see it, you can make larger payments. Some banks restrict transfer limits at 10k, so may be worth calling the bank first if it's a large amount.

Edit: Oh and congrats on the vin!!!

Reactions: Sparkie1968
Hi All,

I have a 418xxx with a delivery date of the 13th September, so Companion is your ship

Do a test payment first, even if it's just £1, using your RN number as the reference, just to see if it goes through successfully. Should take about 2 hours. Once you see it, you can make larger payments. Some banks restrict transfer limits at 10k, so may be worth calling the bank first if it's a large amount.

Edit: Oh and congrats on the vin!!!
Thank you 😀 deposit is 10k, so might be worth giving them the heads up then. Does the amount due show a new total after let's say I do £1 will it update to £9999? And I am assuming it's worth printing off all the transactions to prove its sent?

Thank you 😀 deposit is 10k, so might be worth giving them the heads up then. Does the amount due show a new total after let's say I do £1 will it update to £9999? And I am assuming it's worth printing off all the transactions to prove its sent?
Yeah, no harm in giving them a quick call to let them know you're about to make a large payment. Indeed - once the payment shows in your account, you will see the overall balance reduce. Printing sounds a prudent.

• Disagree
Reactions: JOL1 and DeadestRat
I did a small £100 payment and waited for it to show on my tesla account (just over an hour for me) then a couple of larger payments each time waiting for them to show

I did a small £100 payment and waited for it to show on my tesla account (just over an hour for me) then a couple of larger payments each time waiting for them to show
It can take from a few minutes up to a hour or so depending on the time you do it I think, I did £5 just to test it out and it appeared in an hour (wasn't brave enough to do £100 just yet)