Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked Mr M what he thought about the Vins that appeared Tuesday because mine was one of them and the delivery dates that were offered to me yesterday were 28/29/30 Sep. This made me question whether they were from Sunrise, as that ship seems likely to arrive too early for the end of month delivery slots. I guess we'll know more when Mr M gets more of a clear view on arrival times. If my car is on Sun, then I'm now worrying about that tropical storm around Taiwan 😧
4 days separates the two ships from what I can see, Sunrise set sail on the 19th August and Sun set sail on the 23rd, the Sun will dock in Southampton on the 18th September according to Mr M. If VINs are released 3-4 days into sailing we should expect Sun VINs to start appearing tomorrow (the 26th), Sunrise VINS on or around the 22nd by the same reckoning. It is possible, I suppose, that the delivery dates and events from the two ships will coincide. Mr M and others will have more idea than me, but my reckonings are keeping me sane at the moment.

Last edited:
I’m collecting mine in a couple of weeks and have been debating whether I need all this as it’s white. How much were you quoted for the work?
I will be getting my white MY ceramic coated. Makes it so much easier to wash ( have it on my Golf R) and provides a degree of protection against superficial scratches etc ( but it's not a miracle cure...). It also makes the car super shiny if you like that look!

I looked at PPF but the upfront cost is so high I can't stretch to it. Of course it could work out cheaper in the long run if I incur major scrapes...that's the trade off.

Still no movement from GLOVIS CRYSTAL from what I can see this morning. After Mr M mentioned the cut off for a ship making it to the UK by the end of the quarter is 24th August (yesterday), does this mean GLOVIS CRYSTAL is a lost cause for Q3 deliveries and the late September EDDs?
I received my delivery time/date allocation yesterday for 20/21/22 Sept at Southampton. I don’t know how long it takes to prepare the cars once offloaded from the ships but I’m guessing at least a week? That must mean an earlier Sept ship..?

Reactions: Toblerone
I’m collecting mine in a couple of weeks and have been debating whether I need all this as it’s white. How much were you quoted for the work?
That’s a really good question… mine is black and I am very sure the paint imperfections will be very visible… ceramic coating is quite good as it keeps the car shiny for a very long time… PPF also helps with scratches and Co… total cost came to a little more than £3k for track pad PPF , Color correction and ceramic coating

Attachments

• 7C4113C5-357D-456B-9B1B-2155439E224C.jpeg
    7C4113C5-357D-456B-9B1B-2155439E224C.jpeg
    314.4 KB · Views: 47
I asked Mr M what he thought about the Vins that appeared Tuesday because mine was one of them and the delivery dates that were offered to me yesterday were 28/29/30 Sep. This made me question whether they were from Sunrise, as that ship seems likely to arrive too early for the end of month delivery slots. I guess we'll know more when Mr M gets more of a clear view on arrival times. If my car is on Sun, then I'm now worrying about that tropical storm around Taiwan 😧
I was offered a collection date of 22-Sep in Manchester, which is a week or so after I estimate Sunrise will dock in Southampton.
This would be a stretch for Sun.

Plus VINs we’re issued when Sun was still docked in Shanghai which would be different to the Q3 pattern of them being issued near Taiwan/Singapore (where Sunrise was).

Anyone that got a VIN on Tuesday got a relatively early collection date?
Or what were the collection dates offered for Southampton collection?
Edit: other thread says 20-Sep for Southampton.
I’m sticking with Sunrise.

Last edited:
I was offered a collection date of 22-Sep in Manchester, which is a week or so after I estimate Sunrise will dock in Southampton.

Plus VINs we’re issued when Sun was still docked in Shanghai which would be different to the Q3 pattern of them being issued near Taiwan/Singapore (where Sunrise was).

This is the conundrum - my Vin came Tuesday, yet my delivery options were 28/29/30 Sep in Bristol. Hopefully, Mr M will be able to firm up as the ships get further into their voyages.

If VINs were issued whilst the Sunrise was still in dock, then there are implications for those still awaiting VINs from the Sun. If you don't mind me asking, what date did you receive your VIN and was it hidden in the source or were you notified by Tesla?

If VINs were issued whilst the Sunrise was still in dock, then there are implications for those still awaiting VINs from the Sun. If you don't mind me asking, what date did you receive your VIN and was it hidden in the source or were you notified by Tesla?
VIN hidden on Tuesday, collection booked yesterday. They are moving quickly this quarter.
IMHO VINs are imminent for Sun - just not sure if they’ll be UK VINS…

VIN hidden on Tuesday, collection booked yesterday. They are moving quickly this quarter.
I wonder if your extended EDD, compared to mine and some others, indicated your car could be either on Sunrise or Sun whereas mine and my RWD waiting room buddies corresponds mainly to Sun delivery ... I am clutching at straws here, hoping your car is on Sunrise and Sun VINs are yet to be announced ... I think you were implying this too ... fingers crossed.

Edit: other thread says 20-Sep for Southampton.
I’m sticking with Sunrise.
I agree, seems very odd that the flurry of VINs from Tuesday would've come from Sun, especially with how quickly the delivery texts started coming out (literally day after). Either it's unprecedented and marks a change of tact from Tesla, or they've come from Sunrise. One is more probable than the other but I guess we can't completely rule out Sun (though it would be great if we could categorically say either way as that will help with future shipments).

Sounds like the range of dates offered from Tuesday's VINfest are 20-29ish September. I was offered 21-23 from Staines and eventually called and changed to 24th - the day after we get back from Greece.

I agree, seems very odd that the flurry of VINs from Tuesday would've come from Sun, especially with how quickly the delivery texts started coming out (literally day after). Either it's unprecedented and marks a change of tact from Tesla, or they've come from Sunrise. One is more probable than the other but I guess we can't completely rule out Sun (though it would be great if we could categorically say either way as that will help with future shipments).

Sounds like the range of dates offered from Tuesday's VINfest are 20-29ish September. I was offered 21-23 from Staines and eventually called and changed to 24th - the day after we get back from Greece.
I just got back from Greece 😂

TeamBlue 20s 24-Sep Greece Hols gang gang gang gang

I thought the same. If they are for the Sun then they were released early! I am hoping Tuesdays batch was for the Sunrise as there is then a glimpse of hope I can collect before going on holidays the end of Sept!