Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thans for your help. :) It is AWD more like the Texas model than the Australian model from what I can see. For a lot of people it will work very well, it's quick enough, it goes far enough. Bit like exam results, if we mark the MYLR as A, this is maybe B+.
States "Rear wheel drive" quite clearly on your picture.

Still your other comments are perfectly sound👍

Reactions: Toblerone
I'm still unsure what to make of that, it clearly can't be tracked anywhere in the UK because all it needs to do is enter a multi story car park or somewhere similar and it will disappear, it could still show the last known location? Someone else would need to confirm. A dedicated tracker isn't only trackable via the GPS, I believe they emit other signals for pin pointing the location.

I could well be overthinking this, It just always worries me when they won't give you a simple answer, I'd want a "Yes, a Tesla tracker is sufficient" that's it, I don't like the fact that they still leave a question at the end of their statement.
Based on the various `unsure` LV tracker threads/posts over the last couple of days and as I stated previously, I launched on to the LV= site this morning and got myself an up-to-date quote using the YES answer to a Tracker being fitted question and it went through ok to the "here`s your quote" screen, well....HOW MUCH after all that bollocks.......£1095.25 I nearly crapped myself 🤣🤣🤣 and thats with `full-house` positives to ALL questions! Got many quotes WAY LOWER than that pretty much every where else! £540.55 I`ve gone for........and quess who the insurer is....yep LV 🤫 through, if this helps anyone, a new company called "Go skippy" 🦘 I know, but you`ve gotta laugh 😂

Based on the various `unsure` LV tracker threads/posts over the last couple of days and as I stated previously, I launched on to the LV= site this morning and got myself an up-to-date quote using the YES answer to a Tracker being fitted question and it went through ok to the "here`s your quote" screen, well....HOW MUCH after all that bollocks.......£1095.25 I nearly crapped myself 🤣🤣🤣 and thats with `full-house` positives to ALL questions! Got many quotes WAY LOWER than that pretty much every where else! £540.55 I`ve gone for........and quess who the insurer is....yep LV 🤫 through, if this helps anyone, a new company called "Go skippy" 🦘 I know, but you`ve gotta laugh 😂
That would be £200 less than my best quote! I dunno if it’s the 3 points I have on my license, the location (just inside m25)… otherwise, I’m under 45, have 20yrs driving and full no claims. Wife is on there too, but similar experience as me (no points, but no ncb either, also she is currently unemployed). Car kept on drive, 8000 miles. Bit baffled, but it’s all consistently coming back around £1200. I’ve made peace with it, but still keeping a look out when I hear some are getting in the £500s.

This, coupled with Tesla offering me £1100 trade-in yesterday from the original £3k estimate, plus the energy news, and I’m feeling a bit stroppy currently lol (but still, so eagerly counting down the days!)

Reactions: EV-Head
So I try the LV insurance quote and I get the result:
"...we can't offer you a quote because we require a tracker to be fitted to the TESLA MODEL-Y LONG RANGE AUTO."
Looks like I need to go through it again and try quote with the Tesla tracker.

Further to the above - its not just a technical error! Received the following via text...

Thanks for your message. It would appear that we have accidently cancelled your order. We are not able to reinstate your original order but we are ready to reinstate your vehicle and your finance but we require to place another order. Once you have done, please reply to this message so we can fix this for you. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Hopefully this doesn't affect your schedule for collection. Get that order in and call them with the RN urgently

I’m in similar boat, trade in (M3LR ‘21 with 8k) had been as low as £44k (late July) and as high as £48k (June 4th when ordered new car), checked again yesterday and now £47.6k which I’m more than happy with.
Same here. My valuation was only £500 less than the original over five months ago. Beat all the other offers I got online so a no-brainier.

Reactions: ElectricPolice
Given that it’s unlikely to have anymore VIN allocations to UK orders, how far did we get on order dates fulfilled ?
Think it’s a very random situation of which I appear to be very lucky! June 4th ordered M3P and delivery scheduled for 28/9 with hidden VIN allocated.

On the other hand there are some M3RWD orders from Jan still unfulfilled and pushed back to Q4. I can totally appreciated Tesla’s production model but it doesn’t half make for some rightly very pissed off customers - who are probably only staying ‘loyal’ due to the fact that most competitors have a similarly long wait time - BUT, as they’re build to order at least it’s a fair ‘queuing’ system rather than Tesla’s car matching system!

States "Rear wheel drive" quite clearly on your picture.

Still your other comments are perfectly sound👍
Absolutely right sir, my mistake. I think I looked at one and then saw something completely different in my head.. Thank you for your excellent observational skills. I'm Autistic so whilst people may think I'm not being sincere, I'm very sincere about it.

That would be £200 less than my best quote! I dunno if it’s the 3 points I have on my license, the location (just inside m25)… otherwise, I’m under 45, have 20yrs driving and full no claims. Wife is on there too, but similar experience as me (no points, but no ncb either, also she is currently unemployed). Car kept on drive, 8000 miles. Bit baffled, but it’s all consistently coming back around £1200. I’ve made peace with it, but still keeping a look out when I hear some are getting in the £500s.

This, coupled with Tesla offering me £1100 trade-in yesterday from the original £3k estimate, plus the energy news, and I’m feeling a bit stroppy currently lol (but still, so eagerly counting down the days!)
I got into 500s but 2 drivers with many years of ncb earned on 3 shared cars + postcode etc and there you go. I also had many quotes around 1200 and my long term insurer QMH wouldn’t quote at all. You’ve got 2/3 wks to look around (allegedly 23 days prior to insurance start is cheapest date). Tesla say on their website they’re generally not best for trade in values. Use one of the many car buyer sites and try to get closer to your original offer and offset your first year insurance of Tesla ownership. Best wishes, SBB.

Reactions: EV-Head and _Dave_
I'm still unsure what to make of that, it clearly can't be tracked anywhere in the UK because all it needs to do is enter a multi story car park or somewhere similar and it will disappear, it could still show the last known location? Someone else would need to confirm. A dedicated tracker isn't only trackable via the GPS, I believe they emit other signals for pin pointing the location.

I could well be overthinking this, It just always worries me when they won't give you a simple answer, I'd want a "Yes, a Tesla tracker is sufficient" that's it, I don't like the fact that they still leave a question at the end of their statement.
A 3rd party tracker isn’t going to work in a multi story carpark or a shipping
container either! I think their answers is pretty clear.

• Disagree
A 3rd party tracker isn’t going to work in a multi story carpark or a shipping
container either! I think their answers is pretty clear.
That's not true at all, the GPS part probably won't but like I said, that's not the only way these 3rd party trackers work once you've got an approximate location. You're welcome to think what you like of course, and you're probably correct, I just wouldn't take any chances at all when it comes to insurance and a £50k + car.

That's not true at all, the GPS part probably won't but like I said, that's not the only way these 3rd party trackers work once you've got an approximate location. You're welcome to think what you like of course, and you're probably correct, I just wouldn't take any chances at all when it comes to insurance and a £50k + car.
Correct it has a radio component for directional find. However, chance of it working in a shipping container or MCP is close to nill.

Last edited:
Does anyone else feel slightly deflated when reading that because of rising electricity prices the cost of fuel for an electric car will be broadly similar to that of a diesel - and will probably far exceed diesel and petrol prices with the expected increases next year?

This is based on standard variable tariff when charging at home (I understand that there is some mitigation using off-peak tariffs) and will no doubt be significantly more expensive when using third-party chargers.

Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant car with great performance, zero road tax and low servicing costs, but fuel costs ticked another box with me when making the decision to purchase. Not regretting it, just a bit ..meh