Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I guess that's the point. They know what the full potential is even when software locked. Yet you can still manually chose a question, based on a out factory feature, that could completely invalidate your whole insurance. Anyway, just a general gripe that probably doesn't belong here.

19 days, 22 hours & 11 mins to go for me..... but who's counting!? :D
7 days, 19hrs and 56 minutes for me,lol...

• Funny
Reactions: QuanTim
It seems insurance has increased and they now have cought up with how much it cost to repair a Tesla.
It is believed 507bhp covers AB.
We always have a second driver to lower the insurance cost. Don't forget Gap insurance as if you hit the battery on a speed bump could right the car off. Always best to check insurance cost before ordering a car and seems to have gone up £100. No point having a cheap insurance monthly if your compulsory and voluntary is off the scale. We can all do that one but you have to be able to afford your bills and still cover the claim.

• Disagree
Reactions: Millenium101
I haven't received a test with my reg yet but noticed the final invoice added to my account this morning and it has the reg on it. Does any body know how long it takes before the reg is recognised by insurance companies? When I type it in to insurance companies or DVLA checker it says not recognised. It's only been a few hours so maybe need to wait longer, just trying to get a sense of how long. Thanks
If you had tried the search function you would have found this has been answered numerous times.
The car is registered with the DVLA when you collect it to avoid problems if people change their mind.

If you had tried the search function you would have found this has been answered numerous times.
The car is registered with the DVLA when you collect it to avoid problems if people change their mind.
Thanks for the info, makes sense!

It's so weird being on the other side of this! 🤣 I'm normally the one reading posts that have been answered 1000 times losing my mind at why people don't search first, and maybe now I'll give people the benefit of the doubt occasionally. I did search and couldn't find anything, but just tried again and realised it autocorrected 'reg number' to 'ref number' and gave no useful results! 🤦🏼‍♂️

Reactions: QuanTim
Thanks for the info, makes sense!

It's so weird being on the other side of this! 🤣 I'm normally the one reading posts that have been answered 1000 times losing my mind at why people don't search first, and maybe now I'll give people the benefit of the doubt occasionally. I did search and couldn't find anything, but just tried again and realised it autocorrected 'reg number' to 'ref number' and gave no useful results! 🤦🏼‍♂️
Honestly, the search function isn't the easiest to navigate. Sometimes it makes more sense to simply ask the question again. Not everyone can follow threads every hour of the day (I promise I'm doing work in between, boss!).

I wanted to find out how long it takes to get the V5 in the post but couldn't find anything recent in the magical "search function". I only figured it out by someone mentioning it on a thread that they "got the V5 yesterday", I then used their signature to tell when delivery was which I then calculated that it was 6 days from delivery to V5 in the post...

We can't be too precious about people repeating questions, we're coming up to end of Q rush so bound to be a lot more noob questions like we have!

• Love
Reactions: Andenan and adambg
I haven't received a test with my reg yet but noticed the final invoice added to my account this morning and it has the reg on it. Does any body know how long it takes before the reg is recognised by insurance companies? When I type it in to insurance companies or DVLA checker it says not recognised. It's only been a few hours so maybe need to wait longer, just trying to get a sense of how long. Thanks
I found that Direct Line would accept the reg number despite it not being found on the database. I ran the other company's quotes just using the "I don't know it yet" option. As it happened Direct Line came out very reasonable for me and I was able to buy online without any problem. The subsequent insurance certificate has the reg on it :) so I was quite impressed by their system.

Honestly, the search function isn't the easiest to navigate. Sometimes it makes more sense to simply ask the question again. Not everyone can follow threads every hour of the day (I promise I'm doing work in between, boss!).

I wanted to find out how long it takes to get the V5 in the post but couldn't find anything recent in the magical "search function". I only figured it out by someone mentioning it on a thread that they "got the V5 yesterday", I then used their signature to tell when delivery was which I then calculated that it was 6 days from delivery to V5 in the post...

We can't be too precious about people repeating questions, we're coming up to end of Q rush so bound to be a lot more noob questions like we have!
From Q2, it appears consistently less than a week to get V5

How have I suddenly become addicted to watching the movements of ships! Worst thing is I think I’ll continue even after my Model Y has arrived. Ordered June 1st, still saying November. Livid I cancelled my order from April for that fleeting moment when I thought a Taycan was a good idea. Only myself to blame.

Not even a hidden VIN, it’s the hope that kills you!

Thank you for all the content, really interesting.

Ok everyone I’m now officially graduating as I have distilled all the wisdom from the whole Q3 gang and feel that I’m now a fully fledged Tesla expert. I’m hoping mr Miserable bestows the honourable title of Mr Contented or Mr Competent upon me. Is there a forum for bods like me? On 28th my grubby little paws will be on my heated steering wheel and my smile will be so permanent my friends and family will uplifted too. 🐒🚘🎷🎶

It won't go live for about 2-3 days after you collect your car.

Reactions: adambg
How have I suddenly become addicted to watching the movements of ships! Worst thing is I think I’ll continue even after my Model Y has arrived. Ordered June 1st, still saying November. Livid I cancelled my order from April for that fleeting moment when I thought a Taycan was a good idea. Only myself to blame.

Not even a hidden VIN, it’s the hope that kills you!

Thank you for all the content, really interesting.
Hi. I ordered my MY on 28th May and not had a vin. For 6 weeks my EDD was 23-30 sept but 8 days ago moved back to nov to end of dec. Changed yesterday to just November now. Was hoping it might still come end of sept but doesn’t look like it now.

Has anyone else who ordered back end of May had a confirmed delivery date for their MY please? I can’t understand how they had my EDD at 23-30 sept for several weeks and then at T minus 3 weeks changed the EDD to nov to dec
Congrats - You’ve completed your Tesla initiation.
It won’t make you feel any better to know my EDD was 11-30 June until 21-May, when it changed to August/September (after they text to ensure I could receive delivery in June).
And now here we are and I finally have a delivery date scheduled in September.

We are not special, this happens to nearly everyone…
Enjoy the ride!

It won’t make you feel any better to know my EDD was 11-30 June until 21-May, when it changed to August/September (after they text to ensure I could receive delivery in June).

Enjoy the ride!
Plus, gives you more time to buy accessories!

Reactions: Toblerone

Enjoy the ride!
Same! (EDD rollercoaster in sig).
Looks like you got the same treatment in Q3 @s2link79
Don’t worry, it seems a long way off now but it’ll come around quick enough. :)

Reactions: Toblerone

Enjoy the ride!
Blimey! Sorry to hear that and like you say looks like I’m in for some fun watching the dates keep changing. Glad you finally have a date and hope you enjoy the car. Will keep everyone posted…

Blimey! Sorry to hear that and like you say looks like I’m in for some fun watching the dates keep changing. Glad you finally have a date and hope you enjoy the car. Will keep everyone posted…
Haha - you can look forward to knowing every RoRo ship name and it’s location for the next 3 months.
You also have plenty of time to justify *every* accessory.
I know how it feels and I’m sure it’s all worth it in the end.
Good luck and I’ll post lots of pics when I get mine in 2.5weeks.

May the EDD odds be ever in your favour. ✌️