Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sorry to break this news, just because you owned a couple of mid size BMWs doesn’t mean you can tell people what is and isn’t a luxury car. 😂
I’ve also owned a couple of BMWs and I wouldn’t consider them any more luxurious than Teslas. BMW use just as many cheap materials as any other brand.
The fussiness of their interior design can give the illusion of luxury, but when you compare the technology and standard equipment, Tesla win hands down. BMW are horrifically tight with their options, same with Audi and Merc. Merc and Audi have better quality interiors without a doubt, but personally I prefer minimalism.
Tesla’s choice of ‘vegan’ leather is a conscious one. Merc use it too but you’d be surprised how many people don’t know that ‘Artico’ is synthetic too.
I suppose luxury is in the eye of the beholder.

Reactions: Lord Farquad
I’ve also owned a couple of BMWs and I wouldn’t consider them any more luxurious than Teslas. BMW use just as many cheap materials as any other brand.
The fussiness of their interior design can give the illusion of luxury, but when you compare the technology and standard equipment, Tesla win hands down. BMW are horrifically tight with their options, same with Audi and Merc. Merc and Audi have better quality interiors without a doubt, but personally I prefer minimalism.
Tesla’s choice of ‘vegan’ leather is a conscious one. Merc use it too but you’d be surprised how many people don’t know that ‘Artico’ is synthetic too.
I suppose luxury is in the eye of the beholder.
Agree, the vast majority of BMWs are not luxury cars. Mercedes can also use some horribly cheap interior materials.

I like the Tesla interior and the quality of materials it comes with, very pleasant and very consistent. The only glaring cheap bit is the fake wood and even that looks fine, just don’t tap it.

It just isn’t a luxury car, which is fine, it would be ludicrous to expect that at the price.

The M3/MY isn't premium or luxury. If it were an ICE vehicle you wouldn't be happy paying more the £35k for it. Screws that come through the wheel lining into the wheel well, a bonnet made of aluminium foil so thin it moves and rattles when you wash it, unfinished exposed paint on the inside of the boot (M3). Every part of the design is there to save costs.

It only costs what it does because it has a £15k battery/motor set up compared to a £6k ICE/transmission and because the market will pay £10k over the odds because it is an EV with the tax incentives/running costs.

the fake wood
that bit is real, just that the veneer is very thin and stuck on to very cheap plastic with questionable fastenings.

Agree, the vast majority of BMWs are not luxury cars. Mercedes can also use some horribly cheap interior materials.

I like the Tesla interior and the quality of materials it comes with, very pleasant and very consistent. The only glaring cheap bit is the fake wood and even that looks fine, just don’t tap it.

It just isn’t a luxury car, which is fine, it would be ludicrous to expect that at the price.
I’m talking about the brand more than the car itself.

Any manufacturer who’s cheapest vehicle is now nearly £50k and most expensive is £150k would generally be considered a luxury (or at very least premium) brand.

Sure the model 3 isn’t particularly luxurious, but it’s premium in both price and features.

And considering that 80-90% of the UK population probably couldn’t even afford a brand new Model 3 or Y, I’d argue that those in the 80% would almost certainly consider them luxury cars.

Luxury is subjective after all.

For those lucky enough to already have a Tesla, does the hidden VIN script work for a new order? When I log into the account I can see my current car and the new one on order. If I’m looking at the details of the ordered car and run the hidden vin script I get the details of my current car.
When I get assigned a vin for my new order will it show both?
Q4 shenanigans can now commence 🤣

Reactions: ROTA
My EDD has now moved back to Jan-march 2023, I ordered Feb of this year. Has anyone else been waiting that long? Feel like my spec is cursed!
I have same spec except mines RWD also been moved to same dates today. Ordered 6th April. Went on Tesla chat they are still blaming Covid and back log of orders. 🤞🏻it’s a glitch and moves back to Q4 for us all.

Reactions: Adyer and indeniall
I have same spec except mines RWD also been moved to same dates today. Ordered 6th April. Went on Tesla chat they are still blaming Covid and back log of orders. 🤞🏻it’s a glitch and moves back to Q4 for us all.
I ordered rwd white Jan 14th so neither of you are at the bottom of the list. There are others who have been in here stating they ordered before me and have a q4 ETA.
Sounds like march and April orders slipping to q1 next year.

I ordered rwd white Jan 14th so neither of you are at the bottom of the list. There are others who have been in here stating they ordered before me and have a q4 ETA.
Sounds like march and April orders slipping to q1 next year.
Good morning guys I ordered my rwd on January 3rd and for now I'm with edd from November 17th to December 3rd

Guys - you will regret ordering a Model Y for driving in UK.
I got mine earlier in the year and that suspension is horrendous - I get neck pain everytime I drive and these days I try not to drive it at all.
Ride is almost ok in motorways, but everywhere else is just not practical - it's like driving a tractor with no suspension at all !!!
Don't waste your money in Tesla

I got mine earlier in the year and that suspension is horrendous - I get neck pain everytime I drive and these days I try not to drive it at all.
Ride is almost ok in motorways, but everywhere else is just not practical - it's like driving a tractor with no suspension at all !!!
You are welcome to air your opinion but don't "TELL" others what to purchase. :rolleyes:

I have now done 13.000 miles in my Model Y and can honestly say it's a good ride and everyone who has ridden in it has never complained or mentioned anything similar to what you are saying.

If you are having pains I suggest you see a doctor.
Model Y-4.jpg

Ride is a very personal thing and also based on what we’ve driven and liked before. I don’t think it’s as bad as you say, equally I disagree with the next poster who says it’s good. It’s over firm and should be a touch more compliant, but I’ve driven worse.

I came from a LR Discovery on 21s and air. The motorway ride on that was sublime, the Model Y feels rough after that. But around town, that Disco was leagues worse than a same spec Disco on 19s, which was truly awesome on urban roads.

In your case, have you tried softening off the pressures to 42 rather than 40 and do you drive in chill mode everywhere - whilst that obviously doesn’t soften the ride it does quell the neck snapping moments. Tyre swap to non-EV specific tyres maybe too - lower rolling resistance tyres are less compliant on the sidewalk.

You shouldn’t have to do this stuff, the ride should be better on a family crossover.

Reactions: DWINTER and MrT3
“ The Tesla forecast also includes an assumption that production in Shanghai, a mega-factory that accounted for over half of its output in the first half of this year, will level off over the course of 2023.

Tesla recently upgraded the factory's capacity. Sources told Reuters earlier this week the plan was to run production at 20,500 vehicles a week for the remainder of the year.”
Sam Fiorani, vice president of global forecasting at AutoForecast Solutions