Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had a meeting with their EV team at Octopus to discuss setting up the scheme for employees at my company. They mentioned this secured stock and basically it means that Octopus continuously puts in bulk orders for each quarter and when someone orders a car they’re assigned a car from that next batch.

Put simply because they’re continuously ordering a batch of cars for each quarter - once you order from them you have a car allocated in the next batch (providing they’ve not already allocated next quarters batch already - if so you’d be the batch after next)

From your situation I would infer that your order has been allocated to Q1 2023’s batch they’ve ordered from Tesla
Think it's a case of treating it with a pinch of salt! Got a colleague who ordered end of June on a Polestar still being quoted January delivery.

Reactions: ROTA
Think it's a case of treating it with a pinch of salt! Got a colleague who ordered end of June on a Polestar still being quoted January delivery.

I can't comment on how they treat orders with other companies like Polestar. The benefit of Tesla is they mass produce vehicles without having a direct buyer since this is assigned in transit.

Most vehicle makers assign before even starting the production of the car.

When I spoke to Octopus it was mainly about Telsa's since this is what most people wanted to order.

wondering why no-one is discussing deliveries for Model S (plaid in particular) for UK ? I know there is no date for those on tesla UK website but most EU countries show very early 2023 dates for it. I could not find much info online at all about this.

wondering why no-one is discussing deliveries for Model S (plaid in particular) for UK ? I know there is no date for those on tesla UK website but most EU countries show very early 2023 dates for it. I could not find much info online at all about this.
A friend of mine has the Plaid on order and his leasers advise him Q1 at the mo. I'm not sure how they know that but thought I'd share that info with you 👍

I think what we're seeing with EDDs moving about a bit (mainly backwards!) is what Tesla had mentioned as part of their Q3 Numbers narrative and was repeated by @Mr Miserable over in the Shipping thread - in that they're struggling to find shipping at reasonable prices at the moment "it is becoming increasingly challenging to secure vehicle transportation capacity and at a reasonable cost,"

UK is typically 1 or 2 quarters behind Europe on the release of new vehicles due to being RHD. It would be nice to see that trend disappear but at the moment there is no indication of the imminent arrive of new MS in the UK.

I think that at some point you just become numb to the process. I sold my car on the back of EDD 13-30th Nov (which btw is still the same). Currently borrowing a car to see me through, if it moves it moves and I’ll learn I should have probably waited before shifting mine. Out of my hands.
The only way you can manage the gap is by doing Tesla trade in but then you lose money vs selling yourself.
No right answer!

I think what we're seeing with EDDs moving about a bit (mainly backwards!) is what Tesla had mentioned as part of their Q3 Numbers narrative and was repeated by @Mr Miserable over in the Shipping thread - in that they're struggling to find shipping at reasonable prices at the moment "it is becoming increasingly challenging to secure vehicle transportation capacity and at a reasonable cost,"
It could be this, but Europe are not having this problem given the number of ships currently en-route this quarter already.

I ordered M3 pearl white aero SR on 31 Jan 22 and EDD now Jan-March 23...yet if you place an order for a new one now it says the same EDD as mine. Clearly Tesla are false advertising and totally disingenuous about delivery times and/or they want older orders to be cancelled because they'd have to honour the old prices for a new car

Reactions: Dannyk123 and Adyer
I ordered M3 pearl white aero SR on 31 Jan 22 and EDD now Jan-March 23...yet if you place an order for a new one now it says the same EDD as mine. Clearly Tesla are false advertising and totally disingenuous about delivery times and/or they want older orders to be cancelled because they'd have to honour the old prices for a new car
Hang fire on everything, we have all had a rollercoaster ride when it comes to EDDs. It may yet change soon

Reactions: Adyer and dajw2793
Very true. It amazes me that Tesla don't proactively communicate changes in EDD. They did text me to tell me my collection point was being changed, but never have for EDD changes. An automated text saying your date has changed is surely not asking too much?!
They do sometimes

Tesla Update - Estimated delivery of your Model 3 is Nov 2022 - Dec 2022. If you won't be ready to accept delivery, or need help, reply here. Your latest delivery estimate can be seen at any time in your Tesla Account at ts.la/account