Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this afternoon I had an email from Lex, to let me know that my car is going to be one of those that is going to arrive without USS. I haven't yet had a VIN, so I doubt it's loaded on a vessel yet, however they did confirm that it will arrive before the 'over air update' is carried out to provide the 4 inactive features.
Tesla have apparently confirmed in an email to Lex that this over the air update will happen "no later than Jan 23".
Still keeping my fingers crossed for a Dec 22 delivery.

Reactions: zag164
So this afternoon I had an email from Lex, to let me know that my car is going to be one of those that is going to arrive without USS. I haven't yet had a VIN, so I doubt it's loaded on a vessel yet, however they did confirm that it will arrive before the 'over air update' is carried out to provide the 4 inactive features.
Tesla have apparently confirmed in an email to Lex that this over the air update will happen "no later than Jan 23".
Still keeping my fingers crossed for a Dec 22 delivery.
Thanks. Does that include bleeping when reversing near close objects?

Reactions: Millenium101
I believe that functionality isn't available until Jan23, when the over the air update is done. Once that's done I think they should bleep
Thanks, although i am a little suspicious of Tesla with this one.

Reverse parking sensors was my wife's one condition of getting the car :rolleyes:. She doesn'tyet know about the whole Tesla Vision stuff 😬

Is it really wierd that I turned off those annoying parking beeps as soon as my new Lexus made them when I got it 4 years ago, and didnt turn them on again until Tesla threatened to remove the USS and everyone was concerned? ! I thought I would check out what the fuss was about. Maybe its the result of driving for 45 years with lots of 20K+ mile years in there, but I havent noticed them giving any additional info about distance than I already know. I do use the reversing camera though, thats a nice feature.

I've got a MY on order through a lease company (Octopus), therefore information about my order is not as forthcoming. I phoned Tesla directly and they have said that I have been matched to a car. Should I be expecting a text from Tesla about the delivery or should this come from Tesla directly?
Apologies if you've said before but what is your spec and when did you order through Octopus? Good to hear you had success in speaking with Tesla, I hit a brick wall at the beginning of the week, quoting GDPR compliance........

Is it really wierd that I turned off those annoying parking beeps as soon as my new Lexus made them when I got it 4 years ago, and didnt turn them on again until Tesla threatened to remove the USS and everyone was concerned? ! I thought I would check out what the fuss was about. Maybe its the result of driving for 45 years with lots of 20K+ mile years in there, but I havent noticed them giving any additional info about distance than I already know. I do use the reversing camera though, thats a nice feature.
Nope, thats not weird. But it would be weird if you assume that everyone else dont need the additional information given by the USS. There are even some people with issues regarding interpreting a "3D space", they definitely need those sensors, thats why they ordered such an "advanced" car. Who would have thought that Teslas bottom line is more important than the customers? Well, I suppose every community member here knows this but not all of the new customers are here and they will soon get a nice surprise when they receive a notification or when they pick up the car. Well done Tesla...

Reactions: Astrape
Hi All,

Just for information to any others in the same timeframe as myself...

I ordered a M3P (white, white, AP) on the 27/9/22 via Octopus EV.

RN number received via a text from Tesla on the 28/9/22.

As expected the vehicle isn't showing in the App, i emailed today asking for a delivery update and received the following:

At this point we are looking at December, but once you have been allocated a vehicle a more precise date range will be provided.

Not the most helpful update in the world, but I will take whatever info I can get right now :)

Ordered start of Feb 22, M3 RWD white, black interior with Aeros. I’m on a Lex lease so can’t monitor for a hidden VIN.

Anybody with a similar order time frame had any luck yet?
Colleague of mine ordered same spec car through Lex on 16 Feb. He took delivery at end of September.

Mine, through Lex, was ordered 19 Apr M3RWD MSM and hoping it’s coming this quarter.

Hi All,

Just for information to any others in the same timeframe as myself...

I ordered a M3P (white, white, AP) on the 27/9/22 via Octopus EV.

RN number received via a text from Tesla on the 28/9/22.

As expected the vehicle isn't showing in the App, i emailed today asking for a delivery update and received the following:

At this point we are looking at December, but once you have been allocated a vehicle a more precise date range will be provided.

Not the most helpful update in the world, but I will take whatever info I can get right now :)
That's the same reply I had too from Octopus although, they did say if not December it will most likely be Q1; talk about being vague and frustrating we are unable to check for a hidden VIN when we know a ship is enroute! Welcome to the rollercoaster of Tesla EDD....

Reactions: Dannyk123
That's the same reply I had too from Octopus although, they did say if not December it will most likely be Q1; talk about being vague and frustrating we are unable to check for a hidden VIN when we know a ship is enroute! Welcome to the rollercoaster of Tesla EDD....
Tesla live chat should be able to tell you if you have a VIN assigned. They won't tell you the number, but should be able to confirm if you're matched yet. This should enable you to know whether it's on a vessel yet.

Reactions: Hellski
Tesla live chat should be able to tell you if you have a VIN assigned. They won't tell you the number, but should be able to confirm if you're matched yet. This should enable you to know whether it's on a vessel yet.
Unfortunately, when I contacted Tesla via chat earlier this week, the advisor slammed me down with GDPR, insisting I need to speak to Octopus! Having spoken with my dedicated agent at Octopus, I'm aware I haven't yet been matched and now have everything crossed for when RCC EUROPE and the consequent flurry of VINS following departure.

Unfortunately, when I contacted Tesla via chat earlier this week, the advisor slammed me down with GDPR, insisting I need to speak to Octopus! Having spoken with my dedicated agent at Octopus, I'm aware I haven't yet been matched and now have everything crossed for when RCC EUROPE and the consequent flurry of VINS following departure.
That's frustrating. The first person I spoke to quoted GDPR, but after some persistence with the next agent, they gave me some info.
Maybe they're getting fed up of us all chasing up, knowing the RCC Europe is imminent.
Hope your car is on board!

Reactions: Hellski