Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model Y LR is being delivered 1st Dec (May 16th order) - it’s a lease so no VIN, have not had any request to accept without USS. My question is have any Model Y people with confirmed delivery dates been asked to confirm acceptance without USS?
I believe there will be some early 2023 cars with USS - I have a 2023 vin with no acceptance of non USS and a collection already booked. My Vin number shows it’s very close to the 2022/2023 changeover.

Hi all. I spoke to Tesla today via the chat window and VIN has been assigned to my order according to the agent, however they couldn't confirm the actual number given the order is company car via Zenith. I was given no further information regarding delivery except that it might be towards end of Nov / early Dec. I have tried to search for the hidden VIN but failed unfortunately - Surely this sounds promising for a late November delivery?

M2 White/Black/18" - Ordered 1/03/2022 via Zenith
EDD - mid November (provided by Zenith)
how do you talk to them using chat? Is there a link?

I believe there will be some early 2023 cars with USS - I have a 2023 vin with no acceptance of non USS and a collection already booked. My Vin number shows it’s very close to the 2022/2023 changeover.
What does it mean? I thought Tesla is switching to visual only and they will have no USS on the car, so why are you saying early 2023 cars come with USS? Or did I misunderstand you? Sorry I wasn't up to date with that type of news.

What does it mean? I thought Tesla is switching to visual only and they will have no USS on the car, so why are you saying early 2023 cars come with USS? Or did I misunderstand you? Sorry I wasn't up to date with that type of news.
There is a switch over to no USS, but Tesla doesn't work like a normal car manufacturer, where all 2023 cars are identical. They phase features and changes in as they suit, regardless of model year.

To elaborate, going by findings from the USA, I believe there was a very small overlap of 3 days or so between 2023 Models going into production, and the phase out of USS, so this could equate to around 8,000 cars with a crossover in specs, although I'm guessing it's much less than this. I suppose it will depend on multiple factors, such as using up existing parts inventory etc etc. We shall see on collection at the end of the month.

Thanks this is what I was hoping for (a car with USS) - will obviously need to contact my scheme provider - don't think they should be accepting without asking me.

Glovis Summit is now halfway up the Red Sea. Will be in the Med by Monday.
Come to me baby !!!
Thanks this is what I was hoping for (a car with USS) - will obviously need to contact my scheme provider - don't think they should be accepting without asking me.
I just spoke to Tesla live chat to ask. They confirmed my car has no USS & will be soley Tesla Vision. Arval never told me they had accepted this (not that I would have asked them not to as I want the car) - but shows that Lease companies are accepting on our behalf.

The way I see it now is if you want a new Tesla the USS ship has sailed and the future is TV.

Come to me baby !!!

I just spoke to Tesla live chat to ask. They confirmed my car has no USS & will be soley Tesla Vision. Arval never told me they had accepted this (not that I would have asked them not to as I want the car) - but shows that Lease companies are accepting on our behalf.

The way I see it now is if you want a new Tesla the USS ship has sailed and the future is TV.
Yep - I am resigned to no USS but my hand has been forced in reality because any other car I want now has gone up in cost and is 6-12months away delivery wise. Tesla need to deliver on the promise to provide the same functionality via vision ASAP.

Yep - I am resigned to no USS but my hand has been forced in reality because any other car I want now has gone up in cost and is 6-12months away delivery wise. Tesla need to deliver on the promise to provide the same functionality via vision ASAP.

asked about time estimates for functionality - was told no idea n sent a link to the TeslaVision announcement

Reactions: slartyb
Just checked on the Tesla live chat, confirmed my car will not have USS

1667565682002.png

Reactions: slartyb
I was under the impression that matrix headlights were standard for UK/Europe now (though the software isn't making the most of them functionally from an adaptive perspective)...is there any information to the contrary out there?

The report I read said it was a small number receiving the upgrade due to a supply issue in Shanghai - would be very happy to get them tbf so if I'm wrong that's also great 😝

The report I read said it was a small number receiving the upgrade due to a supply issue in Shanghai - would be very happy to get them tbf so if I'm wrong that's also great 😝
Interesting...just had a chat with Tesla, apparently am getting USS on my car but the reply on matrix was that only the Performance version gets these (which felt a bit like they couldn't say specifically for my car, since we know UK Model Ys have had them previously). At this point not sure I know what is turning up :)

Last edited:
I have a Model Y LR in white with tow hitch ordered on 24th July, with a pick up date of 5th December at Bluewater. I assume the car is on Glovis Summit based on when the hidden VIN appeared (20th Oct I first found it, but could have appeared earlier) and when they asked me to schedule the delivery (31st Oct), but I appear to be one of the latest collections of cars in that batch. I also had to do the USS agreement lots of us have had, the app and website still show just a reservation number, the VIN is still only available in the page source.

I saw some posts about people making payments. Mine is a cash order and my account says "We are drafting up your invoice and will contact you to arrange your final payment.", which it has said pretty much since the day I ordered. Any ideas when I can expect that to change and they'll give me payment details for the balance (only paid the £200 order fee so far).