Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From my understanding RWD is Standard Range Plus Equivalent (SR+) however new models have new battery so arguably different vehicle entirely if you're willing to look into it in such great detail. For the purpose of insurance surely SR+ and correct value of vehicle provides legal coverage?
RWD also has a slightly different 0-60 time which might affect things? On GoCompare you can select no specific type for the Model 3 car trim but this bumps the price up £50 vs the standard plus for me.

I believe there are two ships on their way to the UK. Does anybody know if there are any more due? My EDD moved from 01/12/22 to 31/12/22. Not sure I'll get the car this year if there are no more ships due.

M3 LR Black / Black / standard wheels. Ordered 21/04/22. EDD 01/12/22 31/12/22

Hi all - I ordered a M3 AWD LR in February, Tesla have told me there is an estimate delivery date of early December now I have been matched with a vehicle. Should I take this with a pinch of salt? (Vehicle is on business lease via Arnold Clark)

Hi all - I ordered a M3 AWD LR in February, Tesla have told me there is an estimate delivery date of early December now I have been matched with a vehicle. Should I take this with a pinch of salt? (Vehicle is on business lease via Arnold Clark)
Personally, I'm taking EVERYTHING to do with my new M3 with a huge pinch! I ordered an M3 RWD white/black interior, aero wheels (so everything completely standard) in February through Zenith (company lease). From day 1 Zenith estimated delivery as mid November but gave me monthly updates until September then radio silence. I chatted with Tesla last Monday and they found my order and said a car "had been assigned" and I will hear from them by SMS. Still nothing. I can't really complain as I currently have a 2020 M3 on lease and I'm paying 2020 rates still 😉. Based on how everyone else is getting "matched" already, I'm expecting mine to drop into 2023.....

Reassuring, thanks. Are there two on the way currently?
There are 4 on the way currently.
You can get your daily progress updates here:

Reactions: dajw2793
I believe there are two ships on their way to the UK. Does anybody know if there are any more due? My EDD moved from 01/12/22 to 31/12/22. Not sure I'll get the car this year if there are no more ships due.

M3 LR Black / Black / standard wheels. Ordered 21/04/22. EDD 01/12/22 31/12/22
I've got the same exact spec as you but ordered 15/05/22. EDD currently 23/11/22-8/12/22 which is probably not do-able considering I have no hidden VIN or confirmation from Tesla. Huge backlog of M3LR and they're clearly struggling to fufill orders. Its looking likely to get pushed to end of December but we'll stay hopeful

Reactions: jonoash99
Hi All,
Does anyone have any advice if I am unable to make any of the proposed collection dates? My MYLR is due to arrive 15th Dec - 31st Dec, but I am supposed to be away from the 18th Dec into the beginning of Jan. I spoke to someone on the chat, and all they could tell me was that I will be given some options, but would need to collect within 7 days of the car arriving with them, so this doesn't really help me.
They did say I can maybe nominate someone, but would prefer not to so that I can inspect the car properly on collection. Has anyone else seen advice on this?
Advice is simple.
1.Call Tesla and let them know your circumstances, in the hopes that your car may arrive before you are away (not sure how far or how inconvenient it would be to return to collect.
2 It is usual to be given a certain limited period to collect.
3. What is not reasonable to expect is that Tesla will allow you to straddle the collection period from one Quarter to the next. Quarter 4 (Dec 31st is important date.). If you hope to be able to postpone until you return in Jan 2023 it wont happen and you need to start working on managing your expectations.
4 If you cant collect before you leave accept Tesla\s offer to allow someone else nominated by you to collect and be grateful for that flexibility. Try not to stress about personally inspecting, the cars delivered are usually high quality and anything that is wrong can be made good by Tesla under warranty .
5. If you defer collection..... get back in the queue

I do understand that you would ideally like to collect in person and hopefully that will happen ..but its also best you deal with the reality of your circumstances and Tesla policy which is rigid about not straddling quarters. Financial Performance is scrutinised by the market and Tesla move heaven and earth to get all cars delivered to customers each quarteri.e they wont hold a car that is ready for delivery to the next quarter (uderstandably)

Enjoy your holiday

Last edited:
There are 4 on the way currently.
You can get your daily progress updates here:
Amazing, thank you!!

Reactions: Astrape
I've got the same exact spec as you but ordered 15/05/22. EDD currently 23/11/22-8/12/22 which is probably not do-able considering I have no hidden VIN or confirmation from Tesla. Huge backlog of M3LR and they're clearly struggling to fufill orders. Its looking likely to get pushed to end of December but we'll stay hopeful
Fingers crossed we both get a text for Dec delivery!

I'm hoping later today or tomorrow but it could be a few days I think??
Just on the hidden VIN topic. I find searching a bit flaky. For example on my phone if I do the "view source" thing and search for VIN: yesterday it gave me 92 instances but today it found none. On my laptop in chrome if I search for VIN it finds lots but where it highlights (as you click through) it doesn highlight the letters vin - sometimes it's near to where it says vin. Sometimes it isn't.

Just on the hidden VIN topic. I find searching a bit flaky. For example on my phone if I do the "view source" thing and search for VIN: yesterday it gave me 92 instances but today it found none. On my laptop in chrome if I search for VIN it finds lots but where it highlights (as you click through) it doesn highlight the letters vin - sometimes it's near to where it says vin. Sometimes it isn't.
I usually just search for ‘LRW’ in the source.