Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it might lead on HW4 and HW3 later. Although if HW4 is mainly just higher res cameras I doubt they'd be necessary for close-up vision work like park assist?
Hw4 is so much more than just "better cameras"

Not got the most recent update yet (still on 20.4.1), but randomly got this come up as I got in the car (I had already driven to run my errand so this came up as I was heading home).

Not sure if I turned the setting off at some point and it’s just a periodic reminder or related to the most recent stack?

IMG_9177.jpeg

As well as the usual privacy stuff everyone else is getting about analytics collection, I also had to turn online routing back on, seems it switched itself off. May want to check that setting if it's something you use.

My workaround for autopilot is recalibrating the cameras in the settings menu before i start my drive. The battery drain is annoying and was definitely not an issue before the update. I lost 8% with it sat on my drive for a day.

The first image is before the update and the second is after.
It's finally booked in for a service next week, so hopefully they will get to the bottom of the battery drain. My camera calibration just fails every time now too - but again, they know about this and will hopefully fix it all on the 11th when it goes in. I'll report back what they do. BTW: What is that reporting tool you have there? Some 3rd party thing I assume ....

It's finally booked in for a service next week, so hopefully they will get to the bottom of the battery drain. My camera calibration just fails every time now too - but again, they know about this and will hopefully fix it all on the 11th when it goes in. I'll report back what they do. BTW: What is that reporting tool you have there? Some 3rd party thing I assume ....
It’s called Teslafi. I logged a service request and they monitored the car for an about a week, and then pushed the software update to the car for me to download again. It has fixed all the issues, must have been a bug in the first download.

Reactions: Transformer
My alarm went off a few nights ago (at around 3am - yay). I heard it and it woke me up, sorry to the neighbours. I gave the interior a good clean just in case, although the car was pretty clean anyway and checked for insects... Alarm went off again last night before midnight according to the app (although I didn't hear it, not sure if it actually sounded).

My alarm very rarely goes off, so I wonder if they have messed something up with this software update? This is a Fremont built (2020) Model 3, the same ones affected by the alarm going off with door opening due to a buggy software update last year.

my alarm has never gone off before the update, and was the same day as the update, i did a 2 button reset and so far its not gone off again.
Same here.. since this update my alarm has gone off twice. Also the phone keys seem to be playing up a bit. My wife complained of the unable to restart if switched off warning and I've struggled to get in a couple of times since the update. I always do the 2 finger reset straightaway after installing for good measure too.