Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 1003373

2nd fairly long drive with 5.1

Wipers: for me the low sensitivity is almost perfect. Only 1 instance of crazy wiping.

1 brake hesitation which is unheard of in my car recently, massive improvement.

70-80% of auto-lane changes failed.

And the dreaded lane departure warning was on for about 70% of the drive. Clean cameras.
I'm with you in the wipers, musky leave them alone now

Reactions: M1tch and boombap
Lane departure warnings raised with Tesla service. Been going on for a few software versions now.
Same here; been going on for a while now but doesn’t seem to degrade the autopilot, which was flawless on a 3 hour drive yesterday.

1703700791511.jpeg

Mine is on the latest software. Did a 500 mile motorway run. Noticed motorway speed cameras are not shown on nav but road works cameras are.

Annoying, showing 'some' cameras is worse than none! Back to Waze on my phone for long drives. I like the audible warnings.

Also, nice to hear the moaning about automatic wipers. I thought there was something wrong with mine. I've never had automatic wipers as crap as these. Usually it's just a feature that works

Auto wipers are definitely worse for me on .5.1 than they ever have been before. As a test at the weekend I set them to auto and turned on AP on the M4 in "proper" rain, not just drizzle. The wipers did absolutely nothing... I left it as long as I dared to, as a test, but had to wipe the screen manually eventually when I could barely see. AP was completely fine with it, apparently. Stuck to the lane without any issues, never complained about visibility.

Conversely, I never get issues with dry wiping that others complain about. To be honest, I'd rather get that than no wiper activation in rain and low visibility...

Drove home on x.5.1 last night, mostly on AP. Couldn’t get car to nag me for not looking at the road enough (I was testing it, no one close by, no danger) so I can only presume since based on the age of my car that my cabin camera doesn’t have IR illumination that it it basically behaving as if I covered it up, only nagging for steering wheel inputs (like before the update)

Just thought I’d pass that info along. ☺️

Drove home on x.5.1 last night, mostly on AP. Couldn’t get car to nag me for not looking at the road enough (I was testing it, no one close by, no danger) so I can only presume since based on the age of my car that my cabin camera doesn’t have IR illumination that it it basically behaving as if I covered it up, only nagging for steering wheel inputs (like before the update)

Just thought I’d pass that info along. ☺️
I've seen the same, in the dark it's not nagging. I wonder what will happen if I cover the camera.

Same here; been going on for a while now but doesn’t seem to degrade the autopilot, which was flawless on a 3 hour drive yesterday.

View attachment 1003457
I've been seeing the lane departure warning after last update. Bizarrely it seems to pop up when I am leaving my driveway (probably because the car has just started) but also on returning to driveway after a trip out. No idea why. Probably just coincidence.

Think it's worth raising a service request?