Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. Knew about that. The strange thing was that you pushed left / right in this case, but if you did a long press on the left scroll wheel you had to rotate it up and down. Totally inconsistent. So I should have said that the change in the UI makes things consistent, rather than new.

In fact, I posted a long time ago lamenting the inconsistency and asking for roughly this change. Who knew that Elon listened!
I imagine if he had of listened we’d of had a MovingSouth mode toggle in the settings that would let you switch from horizontal to vertical operation ;)

Yes UI inconsistency is always a pain, this will be much better.

This feature is likely to use UWB which isnt a component in the Y (yet) which is possibly why the Model Y is omitted from the feature.

It is also being touted that it is only for iPhone for the time being, as the implementation of UWB on Android is somewhat more involved/challenging.
Yeah it definitely does need UWB for it to work. Expect the Model Y Juniper to the time when the Model Y gets the hardware to do this.

Reactions: Oxid8ter
Yep. Knew about that. The strange thing was that you pushed left / right in this case, but if you did a long press on the left scroll wheel you had to rotate it up and down. Totally inconsistent. So I should have said that the change in the UI makes things consistent, rather than new.

In fact, I posted a long time ago lamenting the inconsistency and asking for roughly this change. Who knew that Elon listened!
Might just be me, but I find pushing the scroll wheels left and right quite awkward, so to be able to scroll to change wiper speed and even better press the stalk to cycle through is a welcome addition.

So when driving what does the full screen visualisation look like? Is it still the same as we have today which only shows cars travelling in the same direction of you, or is it the FSD level that shows car more including curbs etc ?

Reactions: Lord Farquad
I can almost hear and feel his teeth rattling out in that video. He's clearly got one of the Model Y's with the bone breaker suspension.

Looks good though, a nice update. Kind of thing you normally expect in a holiday update. Maybe this was planned for holiday update but it was late and now it's ready don't want to hold it back until next holiday update.

Reactions: Roy B
Does anyone know what intel cars will receive from this Update, if anything?
Audible, Preview sentry mode recordings, Trip progress bar, Spotify queue and playback speed, Better route available, Wiper controls, Full screen browser, Access car wash mode quickly, Swipe to delete sentry recordings, Valet mode drive app notification, Various game updates, Speed camera chimes, Average speed zones (UK availability unknown), Security improvements.

Might just be me, but I find pushing the scroll wheels left and right quite awkward, so to be able to scroll to change wiper speed and even better press the stalk to cycle through is a welcome addition.
I'd really like the context card which appears when you press the wiper button just to be a standard always available card, like the tyre pressures. Then if it's raining I can just leave the card there and press the button without having to dry wipe