Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of weeks ago I was heading north somewhere in the midlands between the M1 and the M6 Toll (on expenses!). I was in lane 3 of 4, with a truck in lane 2 and lane 4 empty. I was on Autopilot - EAP. The truck was wandering in its lane and I was keeping a close eye on it. The car decided, without any input from me, that it was uncomfortable with the truck and moved sharply into lane 4.

Rules are malleable. Once it is clear that neural net FSD works, then the rules can be changed, Mind you, it will probably require BMW and/or Mercedes to licence the technology from Tesla first.
That's interesting as I don't think it's meant to do that. My car has never served and instead slams the brakes on as a solution.

Reactions: roadcred
TACC seems better and more gradual braking.

It detects brake lights of the car in front.

New UI is nice and quicker to find things. Larger speak number is welcome. M3H gear swipe is shorter but seems more sensitive which is good.

Driving vision is improved and picks up more vehicles.

Reverse parking vision is still the same on M3H which is a shame.

Remote boot opening is good but not as reliable when car is locked.

Generally nice update.

I was as impressed as one can be when I got the car out of the garage using summon just now. The doorway is fairly tight and there is a short, sharp slope it doesn’t like. In the past it has given up either from the start or certainly part way through.

Today, straight out, no messing, no pointless turns of the front wheels. It just did what it should. Well, for the U.K.!

My car is in a car park at present, does this mean it will not check for an update over cellular if I wake it using the app. Do I need to be home connected to wifi ?
Your car will get a notificaton of an update using the car LTE and display a "download" symbol on your screen.

If you open your app and wake the car, the app will show when you have a software update ready to download. But you will have to be connected to wifi for that to happen. You don't have to be home just connected to wifi - which could even be your phone as a hot-spot.

The only exception seems to be if there is some urgent safety or security critical reason in which case it will use the LTE cellular service in the car. IIRC I had one of those about 2 years ago, but none since.

Reactions: Doudeau
14.8 waiting at home for me on my legacy MX but it can carry on waiting as I’m away in the motorhome for a few weeks. I’m always reluctant to install an upgrade when I’m not going to be near the car for some strange reason!

Went from old software from September 2023 to 2024.14.8 this weekend post camera update at Service centre. The software blurb made no mention of any visualisation changes on legacy S/X, so I wasn't expecting much difference to the September 2023 software.

But was suprised to see the visualisations are now much more detailed, more cars, dogs, pedestrians, brake lights, indicators. For the first time the car now shows cars directly behind you on the visualisation. The central display is suddenly almost good enough to use for lane changes + a quick glance at mirror as the blind spots are clearly visualised.

No idea of this means the visualisation code is running a new stack, but it does give me some hope we might see some kind of FSD implementation in the UK at some point.

Your car will get a notificaton of an update using the car LTE and display a "download" symbol on your screen.

If you open your app and wake the car, the app will show when you have a software update ready to download. But you will have to be connected to wifi for that to happen. You don't have to be home just connected to wifi - which could even be your phone as a hot-spot.

The only exception seems to be if there is some urgent safety or security critical reason in which case it will use the LTE cellular service in the car. IIRC I had one of those about 2 years ago, but none since.
Oh well stuck on 2024.8.9 still then

Reactions: aq42 and WllXM
Impatiently waiting for the update from 2024.8.9 I’m checking for an update via the software screen every 24 hours and I’m also waking the car via the app many times a day to see if there’s an update!

I assume this is all pointless as it will send a notification to the car and app that there’s an update waiting of its own accord? In other words me checking in these ways makes no difference, I might as well just let nature take it course so to speak?