Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1710713727122.png

Eagerly following this update. I have a 2021 model 3 delivered December 2020 and one of last from Fremont. It has the matrix lights and heat pump but missed out on the heated steering wheel. Would be great to see matrix lights finally enabled.

Eagerly following this update. I have a 2021 model 3 delivered December 2020 and one of last from Fremont. It has the matrix lights and heat pump but missed out on the heated steering wheel. Would be great to see matrix lights finally enabled.
If you're at all bothered, I imagine it ought to be possible to get a heated steering wheel fitted & activated. You will most likely have the correct "left body controller" for it.

Do you know if you have the heated steering wheel (no cutouts in the material towards the top of the wheel)?

If you're at all bothered, I imagine it ought to be possible to get a heated steering wheel fitted & activated. You will most likely have the correct "left body controller" for it.

Do you know if you have the heated steering wheel (no cutouts in the material towards the top of the wheel)?

Interesting, I may have to take a look. It’s the non heated wheel, probably using up old stock. I didn’t get the Pedestrian Warning speaker either.

Interesting, I may have to take a look. It’s the non heated wheel, probably using up old stock. I didn’t get the Pedestrian Warning speaker either.
So you'd need to buy the wheel. I bought one from Tesla for £975, which I believe gave me a bit of latitude with them to get it enabled. It was impossible on my 2020 M3P though, as it has a left body controller (which controls the wheel) which is too old and therefore incompatible. You've almost certainly got the compatible one.

eBay would be a lot cheaper. From there its a case of trying to get it enabled. I know for a fact they have a script to do it because they ran it on my car.

On a quick note: for anyone who had issues with the car taking an age to “wake” when you load the app.

For me it’s seems to be fixed with a Tesla iOS app update. Much better performance and back to the norm for me
Which version of the app are you on now? Mine updated on the 6th to v4.30.6-2531 & is still woefully slow (I don't have an update available).

I must say I'm not overly bothered whether my car has fully adaptive headlights or not but maybe the update might change that view. Cars prior to the Model 3 had them and the only aspect I found particularly useful was the bending of the light pattern for corners (the cynic in me thinks that Tesla are bound to ignore that feature).

Living in a city, I rarely travel anywhere in the dark when high beam would activate & when they do come on they seem to do a reasonable job already. The only real annoyance is dipping for chevrons.