Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed yesterday that the check for software update sat at the “checking for” prompt for ages last night which suggested to me the update would be available imminently, sure enough I’ve checked the app this morning and the 2024.8.7 is available. Remotely installing it now. Might have an opportunity to check the adaptive high beams this evening.

I remember the early days of hobby PC building, with component fairs and MS windows being constantly up-dated, can’t help being reminded of those times with constant waits and hopes for that next patch to get a feature addition or fix!
I grew up in that age and constantly keep all my stuff updated. Obviously security reasons makes that important but not really why I do it, it’s just kind of a habit I picked up back then that I’ll probably never shake.

Noticed yesterday that the check for software update sat at the “checking for” prompt for ages last night which suggested to me the update would be available imminently, sure enough I’ve checked the app this morning and the 2024.8.7 is available. Remotely installing it now. Might have an opportunity to check the adaptive high beams this evening.

I remember the early days of hobby PC building, with component fairs and MS windows being constantly up-dated, can’t help being reminded of those times with constant waits and hopes for that next patch to get a feature addition or fix!
Mine was sat on the "Checking for updates..." for nearly an hour this morning. I could see the Tesla downloading on my WiFi status page, but thus far it's only done a nav update. Hoping by the morning I might wake up to good news.

If dry wiping is because we wash our cars, it implies Tesla has no understanding of car ownership which is probably more worrying. I think I’d prefer to believe it’s an idea they implemented believing they’d be able to crack it, and to date have failed, but they still live in hope.

Reactions: Alwayshopeful
I’m rather bemused by all the people insisting the auto wipers haven’t changed and it’s all down to user experience. A Tesla engineer acknowledged on Twittex they had made changes a couple of updates back. The tweet was posted to the appropriate update thread, at the time.

Reactions: KennethS
By “not changed” I think most of us mean “not got better”.
That is fair enough -- we don't hate ours but they certainly need improvement. And it does seem there is either substantial variability between cars represented here or the tolerance level of people. By not hating the wipers on either of our cars it seems we are accused of being Tesla/Elon sycophants. That is uncalled for....

Reactions: Utumno
I’m rather bemused by all the people insisting the auto wipers haven’t changed and it’s all down to user experience. A Tesla engineer acknowledged on Twittex they had made changes a couple of updates back. The tweet was posted to the appropriate update thread, at the time.
Is that the same dude who said they fixed an issue with the legacy S and X wipers and it subsequently turned out they didn’t fix it at all?

Is that the same dude who said they fixed an issue with the legacy S and X wipers and it subsequently turned out they didn’t fix it at all?
I don’t know. I’m unaware of the statement you’re referring to.

However, having had my 3 for over 3 years, I feel the auto wipers were perfectly acceptable, albeit not perfect, for the first almost 3 years of ownership, however in recent weeks I’ve found them to be utterly rubbish. This could be weather patterns suddenly turning crazy, but I don’t think climate change has been quite so drastic over the past few weeks. A Twitter engineer acknowledging they had made changes to the auto-wipers certainly fits in with my experience of the wipers behaving differently. Alas, in my case, with my particular version of the hardware, things went from being perfectly adequate to almost unusable. Progress, eh?

OMG. Had the update ready and got to car (have to hotspot with street parking) and the update disappeared!!

Can’t get it back!

Wondering I have EAP… anyone else on EAP have the update?
I doubt it’s anything to do with EAP/FSD. I have FSD and have the latest update. They may have discovered a new issue and pulled the update (again!).