Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So had a brief nighttime drive and did manage to see the matrix dimming in action. Seems to work as described and so far know flashed complaints- longer testing required to make confident statements about the feature though. Do prefer the new menu layouts with WiFi and Bluetooth added. Clearly this build did not give us the v12 iteration of the autopilot smarts so we will still get the phantom braking in the circumstances I’m beginning to be able to predict while autopilot (basic) is engaged. So as new to the model 3/Teslas, is the v12 branch currently only with folks who’ve purchased enhanced or FSD(supervised;))?

I doubt it’s anything to do with EAP/FSD. I have FSD and have the latest update. They may have discovered a new issue and pulled the update (again!).
I also have 2024.8.7 on my 2019 M3P with FSD.
Given navigate on autopilot now likes to jerk the wheel to the left while saying "keep right" when passing junctions on unlit sections of the motorway (dipped headlights due to a few on coming vehicles and not matrix), I would definitely say 2024.8.7 has an "issue" :)

Given navigate on autopilot now likes to jerk the wheel to the left while saying "keep right" when passing junctions on unlit sections of the motorway (dipped headlights due to a few on coming vehicles and not matrix), I would definitely say 2024.8.7 has an "issue" :)
AP jerking to the left then swerving back to the right when passing junctions has been happening to me for years. Curiously, it doesn’t happen in Spain. There’s something about the layout of UK motorway junctions than confuses AP.

Reactions: thax1
Only thing with AP I found (apart from the big phantom brake I experienced) was it has developed a habit of sometimes dropping to 60 as it passes junctions, so you have to hover over the accelerator to stop it.

It's possibly one of the reasons they stopped the rollout, but could be unrelated.. I put that down to 'normal AP crap' at the time.

Got the latest update .8.7 a few nights ago and only managed to drive in the dark last night. What amazed me, I was on main beam, the "matrix" was doing it's thing as in dancing and positioning on the place where it didn't disturbed other drivers, didn't got flashed not even once.
If I go to a roundabout, if it doesn't detect any cars, it doesn't switch on dipped beam, but if there is no cars around, main beam all the way through. I am impressed really, because I would have gotten at least one "sensitive" driver to my headlights.
M3LR (march 2023)

AP jerking to the left then swerving back to the right when passing junctions has been happening to me for years. Curiously, it doesn’t happen in Spain. There’s something about the layout of UK motorway junctions than confuses AP.

Me too, but only on specific junctions. I also get the right indicator flashed once or twice. I just checked one out on Google Maps. It's where an A road changes into a motorway, and also (presumably for that reason) there's a significant change in the colour of the road surface.

1711883912664.png

Me too, but only on specific junctions. I also get the right indicator flashed once or twice. I just checked one out on Google Maps. It's where an A road changes into a motorway, and also (presumably for that reason) there's a significant change in the colour of the road surface.

View attachment 1033840
I also get the indicator when the issue manifests. It feels like the car starts taking the off-ramp, realises it shouldn’t be then indicates to change back onto the motorway and swerves back to the original lane, but it all happens very quickly and erratically.

My theory has always been that the neural net doesn't reliably recognise the particular style of lane marking we use at junctions. If it fails to see the lane marking, it just thinks the lane is widening to the left and keeps left.

Reactions: Cardo
I’m starting to think it has to do with the size of the cohort.
TeslaFi now reports that just 25% of the fleet is now on this update. I’m guessing Tesla are setting quotas then wait a few days/weeks to expand a release to a wider audience to mitigate any bugs.
That was exactly my thoughts on this also.

I checked TeslaMate on our car on 2024.8.7 and it's showing asleep so that bug where the car only reported offline in 2024.8.4 is resolved on this build.

That was exactly my thoughts on this also.

I checked TeslaMate on our car on 2024.8.7 and it's showing asleep so that bug where the car only reported offline in 2024.8.4 is resolved on this build.
I didn't get offered 8.4 and went straight to 8.7, and TeslaMate shows my car as offline not asleep when I would expect asleep, so I don't believe this is fully "fixed". What version of TeslaMate? 1.28.5 here ...

Reactions: Cardo