Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a BING exactly the same time the camera flashes, same way it very occasionally deals with changing your speed after speed limit signs 😁

Oh, please, not another bing bong! I'm happy for the nice lady to say "Speed camera site in 1 mile."

Maybe they could even use the side cameras to see if you actually get flashed and only Bing if you are? :)

Not sure if I’m also becoming bored of this release, or maybe just forgetful - but I’m sure the signal strength indicator (for LTE/3G etc) only used to come on as it switched between them, then disappeared… Mine is on all the time now…

Attachments

• IMG_0740.jpeg
    IMG_0740.jpeg
    642.7 KB · Views: 8
Not sure if I’m also becoming bored of this release, or maybe just forgetful - but I’m sure the signal strength indicator (for LTE/3G etc) only used to come on as it switched between them, then disappeared… Mine is on all the time now…
This has been there for a while, useful to confirm that LTE or WiFi are connected rather than having to open a separate menu.

Is there any other site like if though? It's a pretty good site to track this stuff even if they make a mistake here or there.
I guess they trip my OCD by trying to appear authoritative but in reality they just aggregate anything they see and often embellish. “News’ on there is little different to somebody on x or Reddit or TMC posting something, except people can correct or add context on the latter.

There are a couple of people on X who decompile car and app code or examine hardware including Green, they report just the bare facts, follow them. Whereas when they found an extra camera input on HW4, Notateslaapp suggested it was a front bumper camera on the M3 which people then took as fact. I’m sure they’ve also posted FSD is coming to Europe this year, they said we were getting Waze like features, we actually got poor speed camera alerts, they said the US we’re getting the adaptive headlights on this release etc etc.

I do have an aversion to these things especially when I see people doubting others because notateslaapp says something different, just like people doubt a new release because Teslafi don’t report it, Teslafi have an increasingly small subset of all Teslas out there. I find better news comes from Reddit to TMC as the debate that follows tells you how much to believe. They do consolidate a lot of rumours into one place, but keep an open mind as to how accurate much of it might be

It is kind of pointless the way they've done this. Go all the way to adding them in and then fail at the last hurdle with the audible warning.

I'd like them to also expand on it so we can report mobile camera vans.
100%. I’m not looking at the screen to spot cameras. Whilst I’m pretty careful with my speed anyway as I have to have my licence for work it’s nice to get the warning in areas I don’t know or with mobile units. At the moment I plot the same route in Waze and play via Bluetooth from the charge tray.

As others have said they really need to remove the ‘stay on the M3’ message at every sodding junction.

I guess they trip my OCD by trying to appear authoritative but in reality they just aggregate anything they see and often embellish. “News’ on there is little different to somebody on x or Reddit or TMC posting something, except people can correct or add context on the latter.
They, also, misrepresent themselves. (In other words: They lie.)

Their release notes pages have a title like: "2024.8.9 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates" But there is nothing "Official" about their release notes.

They, also, misrepresent themselves. (In other words: They lie.)

Their release notes pages have a title like: "2024.8.9 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates" But there is nothing "Official" about their release notes.
Well I thought for the most part they just copy what Tesla puts but then explain what it might mean in some cases.

I mean OK maybe they are bending things a bit but who isn't these days, everything needs an angle and some means of getting people to visit their site, click a link, watch an advert. Got to pay their bills at the end of the day. Not a fan of all of this but cannot change the path humanity is going down either, just be British and whine about it on a forum ;)