Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I thought for the most part they just copy what Tesla puts but then explain what it might mean in some cases.

I mean OK maybe they are bending things a bit but who isn't these days, everything needs an angle and some means of getting people to visit their site, click a link, watch an advert. Got to pay their bills at the end of the day. Not a fan of all of this but cannot change the path humanity is going down either, just be British and whine about it on a forum ;)
You could always vote with your mouse and give them a wide birth. I just looked back over the upcoming features,

Faster autopark.. well on the one hand, of course its going to get faster.. but its a Musk like time frame and not seen yet
Tap to park - it's not called Tap to Park at all... they've made the name up, and the feature was here when they wrote the article
Actually Smart Summon - not sure thats arrived yet
FSD reverse - just quoting Tesla so they say.. but not here
Adaptive Headlights Coming to US.. just quoting Tesla so they say.. its not turned up yet despite Europe getting it
Apple Watch... waiting...
Sentry to use 40% less power... nope...
Waze like features... nope
Auto wiper update... nope

Go back a bit...
HW5 - rambling quote that Elon mutters something with no details and still not happened?
Talk on FSD they say "...confirming that FSD will remain in beta with the initial release of v12." - erm.. so missed the "supervised" change completely, you can either think they've just quoted Tesa, in which case I suggest you read Tesla directly for accuracy, and they have no real insight, they

Ignore them and you'll get an hour a week of your life back

Back on topic.. 2024.8.9 is spectacularily uneventful so far

Reactions: Dilly
*.8.9 updated the firmware Gateway and the Charge Port

Don't expect much to change!

Perhaps it'll solve the specific issue I saw on the M4 of a Model 3 doing 85mph with its charge port open!
Wonder if that was why I couldn’t get charge port disconnecte
*.8.9 updated the firmware Gateway and the Charge Port

Don't expect much to change!

Perhaps it'll solve the specific issue I saw on the M4 of a Model 3 doing 85mph with its charge port open!
Hum, wonder if that contributed to my frustrating attempts to disconnect charge port this morning. Think it wouldn’t unlock charge port until car was unlocked (actually unlocked boot to try manual release but then released before had to pull the loop). Usually it’s let me unlock charge port if phone key is with me (I thought?!) Fixed the auto wipers too may be 🤣

Turn bluetooth off and back on again. On an iPhone, ensure this is done through the main Settings app, not through control centre.
Remember not to swipe apps off the screen to force kill them. Some people with iPhones seem to do that force of habit but it'll stop the key working.

I do find on the odd occasion I cannot open door initially, I just need to wake the iPhone up and then it seems to start working. Very rare but does happen on occasions to me. I don't think my wife has this issue but she doesn't have her phone loaded up with as many apps, widgets and so on so I wonder if it's running out of RAM and killing the Tesla app. But just literally unlocking the iPhone is all I have to do then it'll work.

I’m still getting charges stopping with my Zappi that began in February.

There seems to be greater sensitivity at the pilot pins
Today the car charged for 7 minutes and reported charge stopped.
Zappi showed charge delayed then charge complete which wasn’t true.
Plugged in again and charged to completion without error.

Remember not to swipe apps off the screen to force kill them. Some people with iPhones seem to do that force of habit but it'll stop the key working.
Is this new in the last couple of years? When I had my old M3 and had an iPhone (late '21- mid '22) I was "one of those people" but I never had any issues with phone key. Isn't an issue with my new M3 as I am now on Android and that seems to handle apps in the background "invisibly" a bit better.

Is this new in the last couple of years? When I had my old M3 and had an iPhone (late '21- mid '22) I was "one of those people" but I never had any issues with phone key. Isn't an issue with my new M3 as I am now on Android and that seems to handle apps in the background "invisibly" a bit better.
If you swipe up on the iPhone the app is no longer in the background. It’s closed.

When you swipe up it tells you that too.

IMG_5275.jpeg

Reactions: FastLaneJB
I'd say Android is very much a mixed bag depending on which brand you get because in that space, it's very different from company to company.

Don’t kill my app!

Reactions: Oxid8ter
I always have the Tesla app closed because I don't like actually switching to it when the car is asleep and waking it up. Seems to make no difference at all to unlocking & opening the door with it, etc.
I believe it can register with iOS that it's interested in those bluetooth connections and iOS will wake it up but obviously if you haven't forced killed it then it should work better still as it's always running.

Reactions: Durzel
Wonder if that was why I couldn’t get charge port disconnecte

Hum, wonder if that contributed to my frustrating attempts to disconnect charge port this morning. Think it wouldn’t unlock charge port until car was unlocked (actually unlocked boot to try manual release but then released before had to pull the loop). Usually it’s let me unlock charge port if phone key is with me (I thought?!) Fixed the auto wipers too may be 🤣
I had an issue where the option to leave the car unlocked at home got disabled and meant the charge port wouldn't unlock.

As others have said they really need to remove the ‘stay on the M3’ message at every sodding junction.
I’ve just had a little drive in France and it isn’t doing the same over here. On the trip to Folkestone it told me to stay on the motorway for pretty much (or all?) junctions but in France it told me I had 40km, or whatever it was, to my exit and there were plenty of exits on the way to mine that it didn’t tell me to avoid.

Maybe software only works as I’d like it when you drive the car on the right side of the road. 🤔

Sample size of 40miles in France, so far from extensive testing but it’s been irritating me for a while in UK.