Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have arranged to changed my LV insurance policy to my new M3P on my collection date 14 June.
I tried to change it online, however the only M3P option available was the 2019-2024 model. So I called LV to see if they had the 2024-present model on their system. I explained it is a revised model, however they said they would insure it to the one they have on their system. So I paid £40 for cover to September and the annual cost is ~£822.
Has anyone had a similar experience or got their insurance based on the 2024-present model?

I was wondering what the earliest collection date anyone has for their new M3P?
The first batch to the UK was on the Morning Post, which docked late on Thursday 30th May and has obviously offloaded its cargo.
My collection date is 14th June at Glasgow and I don't get how it takes 14 days to transport to Glasgow.
I’ve got the 14th too but from Bluewater (Dartford)

Reactions: WalkQuickly
Hi all, complete new to Tesla! Originally ordered a new bmw i4 which I cancelled due to the long lead times after test driving a Tesla. Ordered on the 9th May with a 3-4 week lead time estimate through Lex (company car). Just downloaded the Tesla app and my delivery is now showing as estimated for 22 August to 24 October?! This is for a complete base model 3 RWD, which if I go onto the Tesla website says if I order one now the estimated delivery is June-July. WTF??

Hi all, complete new to Tesla! Originally ordered a new bmw i4 which I cancelled due to the long lead times after test driving a Tesla. Ordered on the 9th May with a 3-4 week lead time estimate through Lex (company car). Just downloaded the Tesla app and my delivery is now showing as estimated for 22 August to 24 October?! This is for a complete base model 3 RWD, which if I go onto the Tesla website says if I order one now the estimated delivery is June-July. WTF??
Is this for the RWD white Model 3? If so, according to the inventory there should be some of those new in the inventory. You may be able to use your reservation number to ask Tesla if they can assign you a car sooner. Sometimes company cars have a separate agreement but you may be able to contact Lex and ask if they can put a message into Tesla to arrange a car sooner?

Tesla don't build specific to your spec but build in bulk now so if a car is definitely in inventory already and new, in theory it shouldn't make a difference and if you can find a spec that you like the look of, definitely do ask Lex or Tesla if you can be assigned that one already to get it in 3 days instead of 3 months?

Is this for the RWD white Model 3? If so, according to the inventory there should be some of those new in the inventory. You may be able to use your reservation number to ask Tesla if they can assign you a car sooner. Sometimes company cars have a separate agreement but you may be able to contact Lex and ask if they can put a message into Tesla to arrange a car sooner?

Tesla don't build specific to your spec but build in bulk now so if a car is definitely in inventory already and new, in theory it shouldn't make a difference and if you can find a spec that you like the look of, definitely do ask Lex or Tesla if you can be assigned that one already to get it in 3 days instead of 3 months?
Yes that's the one. Thank you for this advice. I have now been offered a vehicle on the ground, albeit 4.5 hrs away from where I live which they said I would need to collect and they won't deliver. Seems like the lesser evil than a 3 month wait. Something slightly comical that it's easier to deliver a car from shanghai than 200 miles away in the UK.

Reactions: WalkQuickly
Yes that's the one. Thank you for this advice. I have now been offered a vehicle on the ground, albeit 4.5 hrs away from where I live which they said I would need to collect and they won't deliver. Seems like the lesser evil than a 3 month wait. Something slightly comical that it's easier to deliver a car from shanghai than 200 miles away in the UK.
You're welcome! Glad to hear you have the option though and yes haha, seems like their delivery network is reserved for their shipping distribution in 2024. Is the car offered in the same spec?

Is anyone else in the UK awaiting a midnight cherry Model Y?

My estimated delivery window for MY SR in midnight cherry (black interior, 19" wheels, ordered 7 May) just narrowed from 17-30 June to 23-30 June. This is still in line with previous estimates of when RHD Model Ys would start arriving in the UK from Berlin, but I'm hoping it's not a precursor to it slipping further into the future.

I've somehow convinced myself it'll come from the Berlin gigafactory to Bremerhaven to Southampton, based on absolutely nothing (I haven't seen anything at all about where Tesla will ship Berlin cars to UK from)!

Ah I see, thanks for this! Should be able to wait a bit longer in the day anticipating the doorbell after a good few weeks of carefully tracking the ship and every part of its journey!
I just had a text message from the delivery company, they are picking up my car from Brent Cross at some point between 8 and 11am and then direct delivery to me in Peterborough, so 2 hours later, I have a link to track. Nothing changes in app. This is getting very real now!!!

Reactions: evalex84
Is anyone else in the UK awaiting a midnight cherry Model Y?

My estimated delivery window for MY SR in midnight cherry (black interior, 19" wheels, ordered 7 May) just narrowed from 17-30 June to 23-30 June. This is still in line with previous estimates of when RHD Model Ys would start arriving in the UK from Berlin, but I'm hoping it's not a precursor to it slipping further into the future.

I've somehow convinced myself it'll come from the Berlin gigafactory to Bremerhaven to Southampton, based on absolutely nothing (I haven't seen anything at all about where Tesla will ship Berlin cars to UK from)!
My MYP was order 28th Feb and the estimated delivery dates have been up and down and more recently cemented to 21-30 June. The app has just changed to 3rd July to 27th August and we've booked a holiday in France for July...so so disappointed.

You're welcome! Glad to hear you have the option though and yes haha, seems like their delivery network is reserved for their shipping distribution in 2024. Is the car offered in the same spec?
Yes same spec, although after saying yes I would collect and being told they would assign it, I have had nothing, no call or message back and now they are impossible to contact. Such a frustrating company to deal with!

My MYP was order 28th Feb and the estimated delivery dates have been up and down and more recently cemented to 21-30 June. The app has just changed to 3rd July to 27th August and we've booked a holiday in France for July...so so disappointed.
Really sorry to hear that. The lack of clear communication after placing an order is so frustrating. We're approaching the end of a PCP finance deal with another manufacturer - fortunately a few months off but we need our MY to arrive before that ends so we don't end up having to rent a car in the interim. Went with the Tesla rather than other potential EVs partly based on the estimated May-June delivery date that was stated on their website. Hope they stick to it now.

Reactions: cotswoldrover
Really sorry to hear that. The lack of clear communication after placing an order is so frustrating. We're approaching the end of a PCP finance deal with another manufacturer - fortunately a few months off but we need our MY to arrive before that ends so we don't end up having to rent a car in the interim. Went with the Tesla rather than other potential EVs partly based on the estimated May-June delivery date that was stated on their website. Hope they stick to it now.
My window has just narrowed again (25-30 June) and I've received my VIN (no reg yet and no delivery date email/SMS yet). The 1st to 3rd digits of the VIN are "XP7" and the 11th digit is "B", so that confirms mine's Berlin built according to Tesla's own info: Model Y Service Manual | Tesla

Last edited:
Reactions: cotswoldrover
Thought I'd just document my order to delivery journey.

Order date 3 April - M3 RWD white, black interior, tow hitch. ETA May - June
15 April - ETA -26 May - 13 July
23 April - ETA - 7 June - 22 June - Reg appears in App
9 May - VIN received after message to Tesla
16 May - Delivery date of 5 June given, VIN appeared in App

 Text message received today Confirming delivery tomorrow to my house from Brent Cross

Last edited:
Another Order to Delivery Journey in UK:

Order date: May 7th Model 3 Ultra Red RWD
8th May: ETA 10-22nd June on app
16th May: ETA 5th June and home delivery appointment confirmation + VIN + Numberplate. On app and over text.
4th June: Text Confirmed delivery for 5th June (tomorrow)

Last edited:
Reactions: evalex84